Serious FrundTech Anniversary Approaching

Should FrundTech's revival be given a second chance?

• Yeah, I think it was a cool concept.

• No, bad idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
fuck the spooks give us back our god fearing police

who would you trust to run the town

the chad ray

ATZehs6.png

or the virgin milrem

child-us-army-camo-costume.jpg

Reactions: List

Westi

Stylish doge
Nebulae
Always was a cool concept but the market for Clockwork based servers isn’t there like it used to be.

Weresheep

Old man roleplayer
Nebulae
Who said we where bad staff?
I PLAYED A CRABMAN AND JAILBAIT FOR GOD SAKE!
@Danny LISA WILL RISE AGAIN!

Weresheep

Old man roleplayer
Nebulae
Also on the fact of t6 and t5 mutants there was one point where it was all going to shit. Staff where basicly told no more mutants with out auths.
Also big shout out to @PEGG LEGG the OG T6 super mutant who mass genocided a wheelchair bound cripple

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Things I liked:

• The 'western' feel near the beginning
  • Guns weren't retardedly restricted to one or two groups of people, anyone could get them.
  • Well made and intelligently played mutant characters.
  • Character and group variety. Like any gamemode, it has it's fair share of tropes'n clones- but even still, the variety was interesting.
  • People tended to give off a much more 'human' feel with their characters, as opposed to other enviroments i've been in.
  • Freedom to build your own group if you could find the people and supplies
  • Expeditions. Hngg.

Things I didn't like:

• Server directors had a nasty tendency of either turning out to be abusive administrators, go inactive, or give up on the server, or in some cases seemingly deliberately sabotage it.
  • Rampant abuse of administrative positions, with admin groups magically obtaining large amounts of firearms in the first day or two, admins authorizing their friends to do stupid shit, and admins/SDs bending rules- or making deliberately vague ones to benefit themselves.
  • Zombie horde tropes.
  • OP mutant tropes.
  • Mutants that made no sense from the perspective of a Biological mutation caused by a manmade mutagen.
  • Muggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmugging
    • No like seriously, mugging only ever causes problems. That and giving people 'pure' freedom, and allowing them to attack, assault, kill, torture, mutilate, kidnap, torture again etc, for the flimsiest of reasons and excuses.
  • The only thing resembling a story, for literally any iterations of the servers, was 'Someone has come and burnt your homes, everything you can't carry has been lost. Get rekt, you can't win this fight.'
  • FrundTech's operators all being T5 mutants a month into the server. FrundTech operator's shouldn't be mutants at all, they should have to rely on actual technology.
On LP near the end I fucked with you a lot
sorry

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Muggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmugging
  • No like seriously, mugging only ever causes problems. That and giving people 'pure' freedom, and allowing them to attack, assault, kill, torture, mutilate, kidnap, torture again etc, for the flimsiest of reasons and excuses.

mugging is dumb but there's no experience quite like being kidnapped by two black dudes and beat to death with gardening tools in a small shack in the middle of the desert

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
Things I liked:

• The 'western' feel near the beginning
  • Guns weren't retardedly restricted to one or two groups of people, anyone could get them.
  • Well made and intelligently played mutant characters.
  • Character and group variety. Like any gamemode, it has it's fair share of tropes'n clones- but even still, the variety was interesting.
  • People tended to give off a much more 'human' feel with their characters, as opposed to other enviroments i've been in.
  • Freedom to build your own group if you could find the people and supplies
  • Expeditions. Hngg.

Things I didn't like:

• Server directors had a nasty tendency of either turning out to be abusive administrators, go inactive, or give up on the server, or in some cases seemingly deliberately sabotage it.
  • Rampant abuse of administrative positions, with admin groups magically obtaining large amounts of firearms in the first day or two, admins authorizing their friends to do stupid shit, and admins/SDs bending rules- or making deliberately vague ones to benefit themselves.
  • Zombie horde tropes.
  • OP mutant tropes.
  • Mutants that made no sense from the perspective of a Biological mutation caused by a manmade mutagen.
  • Muggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmuggingmugging
  • The only thing resembling a story, for literally any iterations of the servers, was 'Someone has come and burnt your homes, everything you can't carry has been lost. Get rekt, you can't win this fight.'
  • FrundTech's operators all being T5 mutants a month into the server. FrundTech operator's shouldn't be mutants at all, they should have to rely on actual technology.

That is exactly why I think that a dedicated and experienced staff team could make the server actually survive if it was revived this time around. The freedom was awesome too I agree, but there were things where people were given a bit too much freedom, like with mutations as you said. I can agree with the FrundTech contractor-mutagen relationship being bad as well, hell some of the T5 mutants had powers not even a T6 would and nobody even batted an eye...

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
Also on the fact of t6 and t5 mutants there was one point where it was all going to shit. Staff where basicly told no more mutants with out auths.
Also big shout out to @PEGG LEGG the OG T6 super mutant who mass genocided a wheelchair bound cripple

Why were staff even allowed mutants without auths in the first place?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
all of you talking about how op mutants were

my mutant never got past t1 even tho he was around since the start of the server

meanwhile new characters were t5

lmao

Mito

Quark
Nebulae
all of you talking about how op mutants were

my mutant never got past t1 even tho he was around since the start of the server

meanwhile new characters were t5

lmao

lmao I remember the gravedigger. The highest I ever got was T3 but even that was because my character spent a week inhaling Castor inside an abandoned mineshaft on the forest map.

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
The whole drama and conflict including that big tension in the first map were pretty interesting. I would love to know all of the hidden plottings and stories we had going back then, only could catch up the minimum of all that stuff probably.

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
On LP near the end I fucked with you a lot
sorry
Not that much apparently, because I haven't the slightest idea who you are. But uh, apology accepted I guess.

EDIT:

Oh it's CNS. Tbh you fucked with @TheSandiestcomet more than you did me, all you did to me was uh..

Genocide my house a few times, you know- the usual. I'm pretty sure by the end of Revival even, Genociding my shit was a national passtime for this community.

virgin hl2rp staff said we were bad then scurried off when confronted
I seem to remember a certain ban appeal exposing a shit ton of stuff..

mugging is dumb but there's no experience quite like being kidnapped by two black dudes and beat to death with gardening tools in a small shack in the middle of the desert
While it's interesting and all, too often people were allowed to just mug/murder others on a flimsy reason, and NLR them and take their shit.

Hell I almost got PK'd too many times for literally existing.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Not that much apparently, because I haven't the slightest idea who you are. But uh, apology accepted I guess.

I seem to remember a certain ban appeal exposing a shit ton of stuff..

While it's interesting and all, too often people were allowed to just mug/murder others on a flimsy reason, and NLR them and take their shit.

Hell I almost got PK'd too many times for literally existing.

i seem to remember you turning on the staff when we refused to allow you to build a massive dark rp base

but hey, im not here to sling shit

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

it's cns dummy

i mean i wasn't really affected as i had literally nothing on me but i can see how annoying it can be

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
i seem to remember you turning on the staff when we refused to allow you to build a massive dark rp base

The closest I remember to that was in QZRP, and I just got told to move it.

In Revival the only thing I bitched about was your antics.

It's not flinging shit Powley, it's looking back on what happened, and accepting what went wrong and where. You can't claim that you and your staff did nothing wrong.

@Blackquill ironic rating when