Game of Thrones Season 8

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I loved that episode honestly. Expected more people to die, but got 2/3 of my GoT bucketlist for this season, just need Cleganebowl now.

As for the whole "Prince that was promised" thing? I feel like it would have been way too obvious and contrived, which GoT has generally been good at dodging. Arya was an unexpected surprise, I'm chill with it.

Also that fucking smirk when Drogon tried burning the NK and he's like "BITCH YOU GUESSIN'."

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae
So the wights who were shown to able to hear dripping blood can't hear a girl in a tree, when they surround practically every branch? And the whitewalkers are probably even more powerful than your average wight and they couldn't hear it.
why could they hear dripping blood but no footsteps
indoors and outdoors hearing capability differs, but i guess she's so light on her feet that it doesn't tip off

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Dagger that was meant to kill bran ultimately saved him

Tfw littlefinger saved Westeros?????

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tumblr_pqpc2a1AqB1t9p2bq_400.jpg

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
I just finished. Suffering from a bit of sensory overload, so I can't quite collect a complete conclusion on how I feel about the episode, but overall, I'd say it was a good one. There were a few too many saved-at-the-last-second scenes, and more people made it through than I thought would. I honestly thought the dead rising in the crypts was gonna be a red-herring and wouldn't happen, and I really thought Arya was going to kill Viserion with the new spear, not the NK himself. Lots of surprises that took me off balance, like thinking "Well if they kill Lyanna, it'll be offscreen; she's just a kid."

The books do tend to give a lot more emphasis to prophecy than the show does, but I do believe it will still be Arya finishing the fight in the books; we're just missing some fulfillment of the prophecy on the way there that perhaps they didn't quite fulfill in the show.

One nitpick, was anyone else a little underwhelmed with the score? Music was a little bit weak imo. So far, I consider that the real weakness in the episode, not the ending.

ButtonLip

Nebulae
I know there's going to be a lot of reasoning around the Azor Ahai prophecy, and maybe this one is a disservice to how important we thought that hero was going to be, but maybe Azor Ahai was just Beric the whole time.

The guy clearly had a lot of Lord of Light cred, and without him, Arya would never have been able to deliver the killing blow. idk

tera

Atom
Nebulae
the entire episode was so fucking dark, it was annoying to keep track of what the fuck is going on
i thank the lord of light when mellisandre lighted up the entire place with her fire

ButtonLip

Nebulae
Winterfell is ruined, their army is smashed to shit, and Cersei is prepped to take advantage of both of those things. The gang is gonna need a safe place to recover from that shit and possibly build their forces back up a bit. Most of their ships were destroyed at Casterly Rock, so I'm gonna say it's not so likely they go to the Iron Islands (though still possible). Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope they go South to a place we haven't been before...

Greywater Watch, home of the Reed family. Meera is still alive, their 'castle' is still in one piece and even though they don't have much in the way of forces, beggars can't be choosers. The Reeds have come to the Stark's aid once before, I'm praying they make it happen again.

Edit:

"House Reed, the gatekeepers of the North, and among the most important and loyal bannermen of House Stark...I heard their oath of fealty once as a child, it's like no other lord's, ancient and dark. They swear by earth and water, by bronze and iron - and by ice and fire."

Please, I want this badly. Howland Reed would've known about Jon's true parentage too; if he validates the story and they go public with the truth, I imagine they'll get some more people rallying to their side.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
also lyanna had the most badass child death in the history of any shows
So many people are salty as fuck about the fact she didn't die on impact from being swatted like lmao I thought it was dope as fuck.

Broke my heart a bit when she got reanimated though ngl

Last edited:

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Why didn't It boot her out the way like it was doing to everyone else? Literally no reason for it to pick her up and hold her right up to his face like they were about to neck on

How do I do spoiler tags I haven't put any names or out in here because I don't know how to do it

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Why didn't It boot her out the way like it was doing to everyone else? Literally no reason for it to pick her up and hold her right up to his face like they were about to neck on

How do I do spoiler tags I haven't put any names or out in here because I don't know how to do it
Do [spoiler [/spoiler around the text (just add the ]'s).

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
How dare they write in things that would make the show interesting to watch

Theon new best story arc? I liked him, hated him, despised him, wanted him to succeed, watched him do so, and saw him pour his soul into that final act. What a hero, honestly a good man

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
How dare they write in things that would make the show interesting to watch

Theon new best story arc? I liked him, hated him, despised him, wanted him to succeed, watched him do so, and saw him pour his soul into that final act. What a hero, honestly a good man

Theon is probably my favorite character tied with Jaime

I have a thing for redemption arcs