Game of Thrones Season 8

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
its ok lets just all go watch Chernobyl because its actually good and forget about these shit last 2 seasons of game of thrones

Reactions: List

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
k4m15r8d0az21.png

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
ok guys so

time to rewatch season 1-6
and then watch all of Chernobyl

lets just act like season 7/8 didn't happen.

@Knight rename the thread Game of Thrones (not season 7/8) please

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
can I just be real and say that Robert did some serious growing up.
That Vale themed outfit he wore was really nice too.

Last edited:

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The tower of the hand literally collapsed as it was shown in episode 5 and apparently it's already rebuilt???

Also all of the ash is cleaned up already too??

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae
Jaime and Cersei got killed in 1 out of 3 spots to have been hit by 5 inches of rubble lol

they just had to take a few steps aside

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
imo an alright way to tie up an otherwise poor season with the time they had left, shame it was so rushed

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
Expectations subverted: Game of Thrones was Lord of the Rings the whole time. The evil throne of power was destroyed in the fires of dracarys where it was forged, and everything ended happy, with the good people ruling over the good lands where there is no evil anymore.

What contrived theme-assassinating shit. All of this dark intrigue just to end like Return of the King.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
What a visually gorgeous, well-acted and beautifully scored episode - if there is one thing I'll never fault this season for, its the production quality. But holy shit what an absolute letdown this has been.

Three parts I liked:
  1. Daenery's speech. The shot of Drogon opening his wings behind her at the start was great.
  2. Drogon's reaction to Daenery's death. The fucking feels, man. My poor giant flying nuke.
  3. GHOST GETTING PETS FINALLY THANK FUCK.
I'm so sad though. These moments could have been fantastic in a longer season with more context and hailed as great. Everything else was amazing - maybe the best in the series so far. But the writing? Trash.

Last edited:

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
What a visually gorgeous, well-acted and beautifully scored episode - if there is one thing I'll never fault this season for, its the production quality. But holy shit what an absolute letdown this has been.

Three parts I liked:
  1. Daenery's speech. The shot of Drogon opening his wings behind her at the start was great.
  2. Drogon's reaction to Daenery's death. The fucking feels, man. My poor giant flying nuke.
  3. GHOST GETTING PETS FINALLY THANK FUCK.
I'm so sad though. These moments could have been fantastic in a longer season with more context and hailed as great. Everything else was amazing - maybe the best in the series so far. But the writing? Trash.
I also liked Tyrion's speech, the acting and execution of lines are fantastic it's just the overall plot for season 8 is poo poo

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Y'know I'm gonna be honest.

This season wasn't without redeeming qualities by any means - it certainly started strong. The writing has suffered since they ran out of book material at the end of Season 4 honestly so I expected that but what did this season the most harm was the 'deadline' D&D had due to wanting to fuck off to Star Wars. They got offered another four episodes or even an entire season and they declined it.

Visually, acting wise and musically this season has been phenomenal, arguably the best in the entire show, but people are more likely to remember the butchered character arcs and rushed plot points over any of that and understandably so.

None of the individual beats were wrong or didn't make sense for the characters - but they were horribly rushed and it tarnished everything. If these episodes had been sprinkled amidst another four that offered more clarity and buildup I think we'd see a different reception.

tera

Atom
Nebulae
ngl i think its was an ok ending. some parts i like i guess
it was a better episode than the last few ones
still it could have been much much better. shame

Last edited: