Game of Thrones Season 8

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I ducking HOPE danys bites the fuckin bullet like PLEASE if there is a merciful god a woman won’t own the 7 kingdoms

Reactions: List

Slacker

Neutrino
Nebulae
TBH, I was expecting a lot more characters to die. Interested to see how they will deal with Cersei. Also:
167-best-memes-from-the-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-2-spoilers-990x520.png

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
bruh deadass these lil dudes should have been 0laging more total war dawg. Phallanx I'm the rear? Cav at the front? Artillery upfront of the defences?artillery fires like twice and then stops. Piss poor tactics their.

Shootout to the dothraki doing the only thing they know in a open field. Melisandre made them mofo pumped as shit

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
called that the crypt would rise and yeet the civilians

Aryas teleport ability ruined what could have been such a sick duel between jon and the NK too fuck

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
called that the crypt would rise and yeet the civilians

Aryas teleport ability ruined what could have been such a sick duel between jon and the NK too fuck
i kind of hoped to see Ned rise from the grave and yeet the gnome

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
the death of Jorah actually caught me off guard, hoped he'd survive

unironically one of the best side characters the show has

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I know people bitch about tactics but I genuinely don't think it would have done jack shit no matter what they'd done.

Like they had no way to hold out - their entire win con was to kill the Night King otherwise they'd be overran no matter how good their defences were. They didn't have enough arrows or siege shit to make a difference.
[doublepost=1556570121][/doublepost]
I think so, we dont see it again
Nah, its alive in the Ep4 preview. Same with my man Ghost.

The directors have said Ghost will do some cool shit this season so I'm guessing he'll have more focused role now that a good chunk of the CGI budget is cleared up.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I know people bitch about tactics but I genuinely don't think it would have done jack shit no matter what they'd done.

Like they had no way to hold out - their entire win con was to kill the Night King otherwise they'd be overran no matter how good their defences were. They didn't have enough arrows or siege shit to make a difference.
I think they could have stood a very good chance if they used the fire game to their advantage by layering their entire battlefield with fire traps and honey combing with the fire trenches as well as using things like oil and shit to throw on top of wights from the walls then launching fire arrows

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think they could have stood a very good chance if they used the fire game to their advantage by layering their entire battlefield with fire traps and honey combing with the fire trenches as well as using things like oil and shit to throw on top of wights from the walls then launching fire arrows
I think they'd have held out better but I'm not so sure they could have stopped them entirely before they breached. There isn't much the Wights can't overcome through sheer force of numbers - and I suppose they also only had two days or so to prepare, so there's that.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Any amount of tactics could have held a SINGLE onslaught of the dead perhaps, but would they be able to do it AGAIN if the NK just pulls a party res after a 15 second casting time?

Nuh-uh, don't think so.

They were shagged either way, was kill the NK or die

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Any amount of tactics could have held a SINGLE onslaught of the dead perhaps, but would they be able to do it AGAIN if the NK just pulls a party res after a 15 second casting time?

Nuh-uh, don't think so.

They were shagged either way, was kill the NK or die
Actually; is it ever made clear whether or not dragon-glass or burning them makes them unable to be res'd a second/third/fourth/etc? I know it effectively cuts their magic but I don't think we've ever seen a case of them getting brought back again.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I would've been able to excuse everything wrong in the entire episode if zombie Baelish killed Arya

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Actually; is it ever made clear whether or not dragon-glass or burning them makes them unable to be res'd a second/third/fourth/etc? I know it effectively cuts their magic but I don't think we've ever seen a case of them getting brought back again.
Good point! Would make sense why in some scenes of the battle, exclusively the part with Jon - where loads are ressed, but there are still bodies on the ground maybe? Guess we will never know now - unless it's in the books or smth.

e: sorry forgot spoiler aaaah!