News GTA RP - it's finally here

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you should make decisions, and find something specific that you enjoy so other players have opportunity to find their own niche without slots being hogged
I don't know how we're managing it, but especially when it comes to EMS and LSPD, the more people who can flag on, the better, as it makes it so there are more people to help the injured, manage prisoners, etc.

You shouldn't be forced to decide if you'd rather play x or y if there's no technical limitations, otherwise it's just going to force people into a bottleneck where they're not going to be able to do everything they'd like to do on a server.

If I want a fisherman, a reporter, a cultist, an aristocratic englishman gang leader, an EMS, I'm going to have to pick which one of those I want to do the least, and that's cringe. I want to do them all, I want to spend time on the server having difference experiences.

This isn't NoPixel. If you want that experience you know where you can find it, I'm pretty sure the whole step forward was for Nebulous to stand out from the same cookie cutter experience other GTARP communities formulate by and offer. In by, this community is built entirely from the ground up and I think you're panicking over a non issue right now, which, as Blackquill stated is potentially subject to change so I wouldn't worry too much Aether. For now you have three character slots to work with which is generous to say the least it covers most of what you aim for bar 1 less character slot for your aims.
That isn't a good argument here. Like don't get me wrong, I understand we're a different experience and all but things like character limits is a bad change, not a good one. I know BQ said it's subject to change and I'm not panicking, dw - I just think this is something we should discuss sooner rather than later.

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't know how we're managing it, but especially when it comes to EMS and LSPD, the more people who can flag on, the better, as it makes it so there are more people to help the injured, manage prisoners, etc.

You shouldn't be forced to decide if you'd rather play x or y if there's no technical limitations, otherwise it's just going to force people into a bottleneck where they're not going to be able to do everything they'd like to do on a server.

If I want a fisherman, a reporter, a cultist, an aristocratic englishman gang leader, an EMS, I'm going to have to pick which one of those I want to do the least, and that's cringe. I want to do them all, I want to spend time on the server having difference experiences.
how much time do you have to bounce between 5 characters consistently
I cant imagine there'd be very much depth when you're running six different personalities and trying to keep track of how each character is played

Straven

Proton
Nebulae

The problem with letting people have multiple characters, especially multiple characters in important positions is that it increases the likelihood of somebody metagaming between characters. Also, If your attention is divided between too many characters, the quality of your roleplay is of course gonna worsen, for a multitude of reasons such as people not being able to get to know your character well.

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae

As stated by blackquill before, nothing is set in stone. We're only just launching and the characters slots will be capped at 3 but like everything else it's subject to change.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
real talk a character cap of 3 is fine for launch day

if you genuinely have so many characters that you cant fit them within that limit, start stress testing your character concepts to see whats best, or just merge the personalities

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there wont be premium, its against fivem's hosting ToS afaik
Imma be signing up for premium just to "donate" either way from when my next paycheck comes in, even I only play for a couple months. I fuckin love the community and I feel like this server is gonna be a blast - I'm assuming no kickbacks or anything would have to be paid in that regard?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
how much time do you have to bounce between 5 characters consistently
I cant imagine there'd be very much depth when you're running six different personalities and trying to keep track of how each character is played
Let's say two of my three characters are PD/EMS. I come on that day and there's a lot of EMS and PD on, so I feel like I don't need to flag up. That means I'm forced to play only one other character. Let's say that character is part of a gang, but no one else from the gang is on, so I don't really have much to do. If I had another character doing something different, I could flag over to that instead.

The problem with letting people have multiple characters, especially multiple characters in important positions is that it increases the likelihood of somebody metagaming between characters. Also, If your attention is divided between too many characters, the quality of your roleplay is of course gonna worsen, for a multitude of reasons such as people not being able to get to know your character well.
We can't live in perpetual fear of metagaming, and for the second bit I agree to disagree.

As stated by blackquill before, nothing is set in stone. We're only just launching and the characters slots will be capped at 3 but like everything else it's subject to change.
Alright, thank you. I would hope to see it increase in the future, if possible.

real talk a character cap of 3 is fine for launch day

if you genuinely have so many characters that you cant fit them within that limit, start stress testing your character concepts to see whats best, or just merge the personalities
Oh yeah, I don't disagree with that - I just mean for going forward generally y'know?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Oh yeah, I don't disagree with that - I just mean for going forward generally y'know?

odds are the cap will increase over time as the server increases in popularity and the inclusivity (and amount) of factions increases

right now its basically police, EMS, and player-founded groups

in future, i would not be surprised to see a detective department, fire department, professional bank robbers, hostage negotiators, lawyers, etc

but right now, the server's launching in 1.0

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mfBl9VA.png

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
will it be possible to become an elected official of Los Santos, get given Emergency powers to deal with rampant crime and have democracy die to thunderous applause?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
will it be possible to become an elected official of Los Santos, get given Emergency powers to deal with rampant crime and have democracy die to thunderous applause?

(Probably yeah, it's within the realm of possibility)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yes.

It's not something we've prepared or developed for but if roleplay progresses in that area organically, we'll do what we can to assist it.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
designate yourself as the mayor since its not in the constitution