News H E A V Y S N O W

Status
Not open for further replies.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
And as a response to the individuals who wanted Civil Protection in the event I have only a few things to say.

It doesn't make sense.

They dominate as @RabidMaggot93 said.

And I wanted the main focus to be about the citizen and loyalist since most times they are left out in-order to allow the usual people to have fun.

it's a good concept, as long as the event shifts moreso away from the s2k side of things.

i guess we'll have to see, no offense to you but i hope it's not just ww3rp reskinned

Reactions: List

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
please just make sure there is an actual leader for the rebels i cant be arsed with retards arguing who should do what

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Yeah cool, but Civil Protection barely gets any other action than from hunting some new guys that run off on how they like it and shoot zombies a couple of times, whilst we really can't do character progression on them with all the same things on a daily basis.

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
Poster was fun to make. Thanks for the opportunity.

aEIWcCd.gif

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Yeah cool, but Civil Protection barely gets any other action than from hunting some new guys that run off on how they like it and shoot zombies a couple of times, whilst we really can't do character progression on them with all the same things on a daily basis.
Civil Protection will have more chances in the future for events, they can sit out this one time.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
maybe if u guys really wanted it a few high ranking cop fellas could act as attaches to the conscripts like they did in the vietnam war with us military advisors.....

ARVN_soldiers__American_advisor.jpg

.:BurningFox:.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
And as a response to the individuals who wanted Civil Protection in the event I have only a few things to say.

It doesn't make sense.

They dominate as @RabidMaggot93 said.

And I wanted the main focus to be about the citizen and loyalist since most times they are left out in-order to allow the usual people to have fun.
The original Bitterlake only had Civil Protection show up in the final parts, and only a certain few people were allowed to flag up for that IIRC.

The rebel side REALLY flourished as a result of that, and basically became the main focus - the only problem I have with this event's logic is that conscripts basically take the place of Civil Protection. Like... there's barely anything different about the end result. It's gonna be the odd few S2K encounters between rebels and... conscripts, apparently. I'm all for other people getting the chance to develop their characters and the likes, but the way it's been written just kind of feels like CPs are getting tossed aside ENTIRELY for no reason other than "we want something different", thus causing them to basically do without dev for the course of the event.

But I guess I'll have to see how the execution of the event is before I can judge fully. I do have some confidence that it'll turn out okay.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
maybe if u guys really wanted it a few high ranking cop fellas could act as attaches to the conscripts like they did in the vietnam war with advisors.....
yes, let's get 20 armed CPs to act as "advisors" just like in irl conflicts

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
it's a good concept, as long as the event shifts moreso away from the s2k side of things.

i guess we'll have to see, no offense to you but i hope it's not just ww3rp reskinned
I understand your worries but firearms won’t really be handed all too much and will be more melee oriented. It’s also player choice but if we do see this becoming a clone, I will remove S2K if it becomes a problem.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
But the way it's been written just kind of feels like CPs are getting tossed aside ENTIRELY for no reason other than "we want something different".
What people don't want though is an army of cops flagging up and the main 'camp' being reduced to what it always is even without Dispatch oversight - Citylite.

Even during White Forest it happened.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
The original Bitterlake only had Civil Protection show up in the final parts, and only a certain few people were allowed to flag up for that IIRC.

The rebel side REALLY flourished as a result of that, and basically became the main focus - the only problem I have with this event's logic is that conscripts basically take the place of Civil Protection. Like... there's barely anything different about the end result. It's gonna be the odd few S2K encounters between rebels and... conscripts, apparently. I'm all for other people getting the chance to develop their characters and the likes, but the way it's been written just kind of feels like CPs are getting tossed aside ENTIRELY for no reason other than "we want something different".

But I guess I'll have to see how the execution of the event is before I can judge fully. I do have some confidence that it'll turn out okay.
I don’t think you understand.

Civil Protection if in this event will make the Conscripts useless pretty much, they have NO PLACE in this event just as Conscripts shouldn’t in the City. And I know how a lot of people who were Civil Protection felt back in 24 regarding that.

It won’t harm to make a civilian character during this event and stepping outside your comfort zone, it’s time that we stop demanding and rather adapt.

Bigtuna

The friendly giant.
Nebulae
This sounds like a fun event! I enjoyed the last conscript mini event I was a part of, some xcited for something like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.