Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
if male_07 is not recreated with the highest level of detail in video game history, i am not buying. sorry valve.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
very nut worthy
8C9VkZP.png
Whelp time to retire my Resident Evil 2 wallpaper

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can we talk about this for a second;

halflife_alyx_7.jpg

I'm honestly fucking betting that thing is a barnacle using a corpse as a lure and if so, that's honestly fucking awesome when you think about it. Also, makes me wonder about all the shit around it too tbh

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Can we talk about this for a second;

halflife_alyx_7.jpg

I'm honestly fucking betting that thing is a barnacle using a corpse as a lure and if so, that's honestly fucking awesome when you think about it. Also, makes me wonder about all the shit around it too tbh
I imagine they're drawing on cut stuff in regards to the underground of the city being infested by Xenian flora/fauna other than zombies.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I imagine they're drawing on cut stuff in regards to the underground of the city being infested by Xenian flora/fauna other than zombies.
barnacle faction when?

I wanna jumpscare a :heyzeus: and possibly strangle them to death

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
also doesn't it show the citadel under construction or was that just me interpreting it's design wrong

cause i remember we just said 'yeah they tped a fucking citadel from space here'

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
also doesn't it show the citadel under construction or was that just me interpreting it's design wrong

cause i remember we just said 'yeah they tped a fucking citadel from space here'
Yeah, them dropping Citadels in was based off Raising The Bar's idea of what the invasion was like + stuff Laidlaw said.

I don't mind getting a look at earlier in the Occupation though even if it means a lot of rewriting.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
makes sense that they didn't drop a fully built citadel considering it probably wouldn't survive impact then

makes more sense to upgrade and finish building once the entire planet has been taken, the initial citadel acting as an FOB

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
makes sense that they didn't drop a fully built citadel considering it probably wouldn't survive impact then

makes more sense to upgrade and finish building once the entire planet has been taken, the initial citadel acting as an FOB
I figured the initial one(s) were basically set down to deploy troops then they just slap the rest on/build it over time when the locals couldn't do shit about it.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
personally i'd try to play the game in a as stylized as possible way just for the rule of cool even if i make it 10x harder for myself

make it look like another Raid film

When I was playing shooter games and such with the VR I always held the weapons properly and cleared all corners

You really do get a lot more wary when you have them on lmao