Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I'm excited to see this game when it comes out.

I might finally get myself a VR Headset. Hopefully my Computer can run it.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
the first thing im gonna do is beat a cop with a paint can. #justiceforgordon

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
makes sense that they didn't drop a fully built citadel considering it probably wouldn't survive impact then

makes more sense to upgrade and finish building once the entire planet has been taken, the initial citadel acting as an FOB
it’d probably also screw up earth’s atmosphere and tectonic activity. imagine the explosive power a big thing like that would generate if it were just dropped onto the surface.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 3129

also doesn't it show the citadel under construction or was that just me interpreting it's design wrong

cause i remember we just said 'yeah they tped a fucking citadel from space here'

I think we took the whole TP thing inspiration from this if i'm correct?
like I think the "instantanious'' implies a TP aswell. I think the comic is canon aswell correct me if i'm wrong.

it's much cooler as is now that we know they were constructed.

unknown.png

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
i dont like the idea of them just teleporting the citadel. but whoever was the architect of the citadel is a brutalist asshole. i blame the germans tbh.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
cant wait to be an unstoppable pagan god of warfare and death

the day of the 'bar cant come soon enough, and those clanker fucks will be the first to know when it does

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think we took the whole TP thing inspiration from this if i'm correct?
like I think the "instantanious'' implies a TP aswell. I think the comic is canon aswell correct me if i'm wrong.

it's much cooler as is now that we know they were constructed.

unknown.png
That and Raising The Bar/Laidlaw's tidbits, yeah.

Plus what we (assumed) were fully-built Citadels seen through the portal in HL2.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Kinda upset that it's VR exclusive.
1. I can't blow another grand on that because I'm trying to save and I already spent over 1000 pound on my new computer, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse.
2. I don't even have enough space in my room to play VR games without damaging my stuff because it's compact.
I really really want to play it because I liked the look of it, and any halflife thing will be a enjoyable, but due to VR, I dont see it being a long game, and not to sound like a broken record I really want to see half life end in my life time.

td:lr: I dont want to spend 1000 pound to play a game I don't see lasting more than 2-3 hours

D

Deleted member 3129

That and Raising The Bar/Laidlaw's tidbits, yeah.

Plus what we (assumed) were fully-built Citadels seen through the portal in HL2.

I kinda like the idea of it being constructed of the back of a broken civilization more.
it is the first inconsistency with the lore we had before though that we can put our finger on.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Can we talk about this for a second;

halflife_alyx_7.jpg

I'm honestly fucking betting that thing is a barnacle using a corpse as a lure and if so, that's honestly fucking awesome when you think about it. Also, makes me wonder about all the shit around it too tbh
why does this remind me of Devolution so much

cave 17 moment

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I kinda like the idea of it being constructed of the back of a broken civilization more.
it is the first inconsistency with the lore we had before though that we can put our finger on.
I still imagine they laid the groundwork for the Citadels during the invasion and have just been building them up since. Its a very minor point but we see the base of the Citadel extends far into the ground in Ep 1 and has broken through pipework and sewer lines and stuff.

But then building them up over the next decade or so seems a lot more logical in hindsight. I'm really curious on what I can only assume is the Vault, because it looks like they're keeping it in the air through siphoning power and offloading building materials. There's even a shot of what looks like Vortessence being sent up some of those cables, so.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
devs confirmed it's about the same length as the original Half Life 2
That's cool I guess still my two points stand

On top of that, I dont know, my gut doesn't like it. I guess time will tell