Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
gkg7A5J.png

I only need to update my processor?

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
If they pull some shit like that to change the timeline to justify not doing Ep 3 I'll be fucking amazed.
Based on what they've said about 'their high-profile return to the Half Life Series' I seriously doubt they won't make Ep 3 / HL3. I feel like this is a 'Hey guys, look at this. It's a new part to the Half Life series to tease you for a much larger project coming soon. Take this and add it to the story."

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Based on what they've said about 'their high-profile return to the Half Life Series' I seriously doubt they won't make Ep 3 / HL3. I feel like this is a 'Hey guys, look at this. It's a new part to the Half Life series to tease you for a much larger project coming soon. Take this and add it to the story."
Yeah true, they did say they really wanted to get back into the series proper depending on how well Alyx does.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Yeah true, they did say they really wanted to get back into the series proper depending on how well Alyx does.
If I had to guess, Alyx will end with a like 'holy fuck moment' just like Episode 2. It'll pull people in and build up even more anticipation for Episode 3 / HL3. That's how they'll get us.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If I had to guess, Alyx will end with a like 'holy fuck moment' just like Episode 2. It'll pull people in and build up even more anticipation for Episode 3 / HL3. That's how they'll get us.

they'll get us by never making a half life game again and just giving us ANOTHER cliffhanger

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My personal guess is a series of games taking place between 1 and 2, establishing the world for when 2 happens.

Half-Life: Barney when

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm probably too hopeful but I can imagine it ending on a flashforward or a hook that might set up a big plotpoint for HL3 or something like that.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly, I'd be fucking chill with some games that take place just elsewhere in the world of Half Life tbh, like imagine if A Place in the West was an actual game over a comic, I'd fucking nut

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

look at the state of games for the last decade
it's been a downhill path of slight tweaks to the medium, the console, the mouse and keyboard, the feeling has set in that this is all games could be and it's created stagnation and malaise

i cant tell you how refreshing it is to see something that i hope will change games just how Half Life 1 changed first person storytelling and how Half Life 2 was the killer app for physics engines in gaming

boneworks is another title that has been in development that is pushing the capabilities of VR and now with Half Life Alyx coming out I think it's getting to the time when VR becomes the killer app for a new generation of games

df8c58bf81e7b22d314e05808ce507cc.jpg

3h7tn6.gif

this level of interactivity and control given to the individual player is unparalleled in gaming, it's on the same level as the jump from 2D sprites to 3D worlds, it's the next big leap for games

it feels like something brand new and exciting, like a breath of fresh air after YEARS of Triple-A studios making games with slightly better graphics operating in the same kind of way, year after year

i hope it can live up to the hopes of fans

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

look at the state of games for the last decade
it's been a downhill path of slight tweaks to the medium, the console, the mouse and keyboard, the feeling has set in that this is all games could be and it's created stagnation and malaise

i cant tell you how refreshing it is to see something that i hope will change games just how Half Life 1 changed first person storytelling and how Half Life 2 was the killer app for physics engines in gaming

boneworks is another title that has been in development that is pushing the capabilities of VR and now with Half Life Alyx coming out I think it's getting to the time when VR becomes the killer app for a new generation of games

df8c58bf81e7b22d314e05808ce507cc.jpg

3h7tn6.gif

this level of interactivity and control given to the individual player is unparalleled in gaming, it's on the same level as the jump from 2D sprites to 3D worlds, it's the next big leap for games

it feels like something brand new and exciting, like a breath of fresh air after YEARS of Triple-A studios making games with slightly better graphics operating in the same kind of way, year after year

i hope it can live up to the hopes of fans

I literally was about to post the boneworks video, glad I'm not the only one who follows it, it looks like one of those VR game that should shape the way of the VR games just like HL:A the level of interractivity is amazing!

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
540ab493a35dda62d54f6cca1982b74f.png

me, in my 4x4 feet "creativity cube" space

time to get a smaller bed for the sake of half life...

tfw valve thinks people that've been kidnapped and are currently enroute to a secondary location will be able to play this game