jus one more fing
Nebulae
TuZoXaf.png

I guess I know what I'm getting for Christmas

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
personally think this game is a hype buffer for
Just do what 3kliksphillip does and just have a mattress that you push up against the wall during the day

QpjAkTw.png
im just going to steal the kitchen lmao

oh wait knives and shit

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So the same guy that leaked HL:A (said it was coming a month before) also says that the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be Gordon Freeman.

If this is true it will be hype and confusion

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
lmao some channels on Youtube are already saying it'll play exactly like any other VR game where its just hunkering down killing enemies as they come before moving to the next area and everyone has "fallen for the marketing".

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So the same guy that leaked HL:A (said it was coming a month before) also says that the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be Gordon Freeman.

If this is true it will be hype and confusion

in order for a character to be in smash bros they need to have been on a Nintendo console at some point

i dont think half life ever been on the wii, switch, or wiiu

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
in order for a character to be in smash bros they need to have been on a Nintendo console at some point

i dont think half life ever been on the wii, switch, or wiiu
That's actually not true

Joker is from Persona 5 and it's not on a nintendo console

Banjo-Kazooie, while was once on a nintendo console; is property of Microsoft.

It's not unthinkable for Freeman (Or the better choice imo the Scout/Heavy from TF2) to be in.

not only that but someone at Nintendo, might've been Sakurai said that the new characters will be newcomers from 'other universes' or some shit like that

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I think it's more that they couldn't handle the pressure and failed to deliver Episode 3 which they said was coming within the 6 months after Episode 2. I dislike them saying that they will make more if there's demand when they had the demand before and just stopped, it's a shitty way to get your customers to buy the product.
Maybe the explanation is simple:

They didn't feel their previous iterations of 'Episode 3' held up to the bar.

This is the same company that scrapped Half Life halfway into redevelopment and recreated it from the ground up, then did the (same-ish) with Half Life 2.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
They didn't feel their previous iterations of 'Episode 3' held up to the bar.
Maybe but that doesn't mean you'll get another Half-Life game after this one even if it sells beyond their expectations even if they say they will.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Maybe but that doesn't mean you'll get another Half-Life game after this one even if it sells beyond their expectations even if they say they will.

I'm of the mind that they effectively struggled to find a satisfying ending in the aftermath of Episode 2 and after repeatedly scrapping stuff just ended up putting it on ice. By that point they'd built up such a hype surrounding it they didn't feel comfortable launching back into it without any platform to get out ahead of.

VR gives them a perfect excuse to do what HL1 did for FPS gaming and HL2 did with the Source Engine.

It also explains why Laidlaw leaked Epistle 3 when he did - it was confirmed via a playtester Alyx has been in development for at least close to five years, and I doubt they'd let him leak a version of the plot they planned to use later down the road for a possible sequel or tie-in.