>normal vidya just isnt getting me hype anymore friends
>i wish i could return to the cave and be content again

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I'm a bit concerned about the game
Like, even if the game is a 9.9/10, people aren't going to be satisfied
Even though pokemon re-used animation trash (or literally nearly every new, incomplete game) is 60euros and this game is 45 euros

Even if the game is 10/10, people will still be upset, because half-life is associated with innovation, it feels like the bar is so massively high for this compared to any other game that it'll be quite hard to do, and even if the game by itself is amazing, I think some will be disappointed

then there's those guys who will say it's amazing even if it's shit cause half-life

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm a bit concerned about the game
Like, even if the game is a 9.9/10, people aren't going to be satisfied
Even though pokemon re-used animation trash (or literally nearly every new, incomplete game) is 60euros and this game is 45 euros

Even if the game is 10/10, people will still be upset, because half-life is associated with innovation, it feels like the bar is so massively high for this compared to any other game that it'll be quite hard to do, and even if the game by itself is amazing, I think some will be disappointed

then there's those guys who will say it's amazing even if it's shit cause half-life
That's talked about for like half this video

Smart move not to name it Half-Life 3, but it's not going to be THAT effective at subduing expectations. They did this to themselves by not releasing another HL game after the last one was such a huge cliffhanger and teasing HL3 for a retarded amount of time

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Reminder that although Valve say that if HL:A does well they will continue making Half-Life games, EP2 did well and they stopped anyway despite high demand for more; the market didn't go away, they just didn't bother.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Reminder that although Valve say that if HL:A does well they will continue making Half-Life games, EP2 did well and they stopped anyway despite high demand for more; the market didn't go away, they just didn't bother.
I think it’s more of an innovation thing, with Half-Life you proved you can have a really good FPS with a really good story, Half-Life 2 had all this including how having a really good physics engine can have positive impacts on gameplay. And now with VR getting to the point of decent interaction this is the next innovation point.

When a bunch of articles talk about this sort of section I perceive it as a ‘If this goes well we’ll make another entry to the series using this innovation, if it’s not then back to the drawing board’.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think it’s more of an innovation thing, with Half-Life you proved you can have a really good FPS with a really good story, Half-Life 2 had all this including how having a really good physics engine can have positive impacts on gameplay. And now with VR getting to the point of decent interaction this is the next innovation point.

When a bunch of articles talk about this sort of section I perceive it as a ‘If this goes well we’ll make another entry to the series using this innovation, if it’s not then back to the drawing board’.
I think it's more that they couldn't handle the pressure and failed to deliver Episode 3 which they said was coming within the 6 months after Episode 2. I dislike them saying that they will make more if there's demand when they had the demand before and just stopped, it's a shitty way to get your customers to buy the product.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Don‘t know if this is a Design Choice or a teaser for the next Half-Life but on the Half-Life website, there‘s a free spot on the games bar.

image0.png