Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

So the more I've thought on it and listened the more I realise this is probably what Valve were always trying to push OTA as in the original game. They're obviously experimented on and altered but they're still humans who willingly volunteered for this.

Breen needing to pep-talk them, the weird change in how they talk during Nova Prospekt vs the rest of their lines - that sort of thing makes a lot more sense when you put them in the 'Alyx' style of expression they have.

A lot of the way OTA are roleplayed is down to them being 'game-enders' and 'intimidation' in the context of the server. That goes for almost all communities I've seen them in. But honestly I vastly prefer the Alyx interpretation from a roleplay/lore view. They may be fucked up and gross but they're still soldiers.

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Do you think it's possible that Vortessence can block out GMan's and Advisor's telepathical forces?
Read this, still late but want to give my point on it
As you can see, during the game the Combine actively targetted vortigaunts and put them in pods, basically using them to power the floating ship in order to keep it running

Inside was the Gman who was imprisoned more or less. Only with the help of Alyx did he manage to leave the "complex"

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ca someone give me a list of all the new xen creatures you see?

D

Deleted member 5162

FBCq09A.png

s5SpkHF.png

surprised that they died so easily

Last edited by a moderator:

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
-s-

Last edited:

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
-s

Last edited:

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Real talk @jb and @Gaben get your shit in spoilers and edit your previous posts before the mods roll through here and do it for you.

Namaste.

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae

So the more I've thought on it and listened the more I realise this is probably what Valve were always trying to push OTA as in the original game. They're obviously experimented on and altered but they're still humans who willingly volunteered for this.

Breen needing to pep-talk them, the weird change in how they talk during Nova Prospekt vs the rest of their lines - that sort of thing makes a lot more sense when you put them in the 'Alyx' style of expression they have.

A lot of the way OTA are roleplayed is down to them being 'game-enders' and 'intimidation' in the context of the server. That goes for almost all communities I've seen them in. But honestly I vastly prefer the Alyx interpretation from a roleplay/lore view. They may be fucked up and gross but they're still soldiers.

I would describe them as death troopers without the scrambled voices

DeToXic

Neutrino
Nebulae

Probably Civil Protection members who have shown to be competent in holding the OTA career. Augmentations might come around the end of the 20th year. That's why grunts talk like that and show more emotion.
In a RP perspective they are much better. Now depends on what timeline the servers uses, if it's past/near the 20 years mark, OTA will be like in HL2. If it's before than they are like in Alyx.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Friendship ended with Triage at Dawn.

Now Ending Triumph is my new best friend.