Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.8%

• Total voters

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
on the topic of pride, there's two different aspects of it imo

there's the original purpose of it, which is "hey yeah we're proud of who we are, and are celebrating the fact that we're the way we are, because everybody deserves to be happy about the things they can't change about themselves", but then there's some of the shit that actually goes on in pride, which i think does more to harm than help the image and also is pretty illegal in a lot of cases

also hot take: the term LGBT+ sucks ass, people should use GSM instead, "gender/sexual minorities", since not only is it more inclusive, but it looks nicer and is slightly shorter

Reactions: List

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
i don't think it's wise to be proud of characteristics that are innocuous and innate. this extends to race, sexuality, national/ethnic background and so forth. that's not to say that i won't support representation and civil rights; i just think pride is the wrong way to go about it.

i like to take george carlin's stance on this whole thing and say the following: be happy, don't be proud. pride goeth before a fall.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
The concept of pride is great, however when there are children in pride, with people literally wearing gimp suits and making motions of screwing eachother is not so great, there's also bystanders that need to look at this, at points, almost nudity and dry humping.

on the topic of pride, there's two different aspects of it imo

there's the original purpose of it, which is "hey yeah we're proud of who we are, and are celebrating the fact that we're the way we are, because everybody deserves to be happy about the things they can't change about themselves", but then there's some of the shit that actually goes on in pride, which i think does more to harm than help the image and also is pretty illegal in a lot of cases

also hot take: the term LGBT+ sucks ass, people should use GSM instead, "gender/sexual minorities", since not only is it more inclusive, but it looks nicer and is slightly shorter
Honestly LGBT and LGBTQ is such a cluster heck.

Like, it literally could just be GBT, since gay is a gender neutral word and you often see lesbians refer to themselves as gay. Then they try to put queer into it too, which is also just the same as gay.

Then they also try to throw pan into it, but it's the same as Bi just a bit more transphobic, and then polysexual (to be attracted to more than one gender), which is the same as pan, which is the same as bi

Husky

Nebulae
I'm kinda questioning myself recently, tbh, for a while I've considered myself a lesbian but there have always been a couple guys I find attractive, I feel like I'm attracted to more feminine and emotionally connected men and more masculine and strong women.

Maybe I'm an just attracted to more androgynous people.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm kinda questioning myself recently, tbh, for a while I've considered myself a lesbian but there have always been a couple guys I find attractive, I feel like I'm attracted to more feminine and emotionally connected men and more masculine and strong women.

arent you a guy

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

-snip-

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae

Might just be straight.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

aren't you a geezer

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
i was born american, does that mean i can't be proud to be an american

because that sounds an awful lot like filthy commie talk to me
You can choose your nationality.
[doublepost=1555972500][/doublepost]

You're a peak contrarian, that's what you are. You like what most people hate, and hate what most people like. Either that, or an outstanding and respectable troll.

Husky

Nebulae
You can choose your nationality.
[doublepost=1555972500][/doublepost]
You're a peak contrarian, that's what you are. You like what most people hate, and hate what most people like. Either that, or an outstanding and respectable troll.
If I don't speak out to other people you say I'm in an echo-chamber, if I am vocal about who I am and what I believe you call me contrarian and just going against others. Which is it?

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
The 'LGBT' Community as it's come to call itself seems to segregate the people it actually wants to protect more than it does protect them, I don't personally think there should be a 'community' at all, its a very minute form of self-segregation.

Husky

Nebulae
The 'LGBT' Community as it's come to call itself seems to segregate the people it actually wants to protect more than it does protect them, I don't personally think there should be a 'community' at all, its a very minute form of self-segregation.
there's been some talk of this, a lot of people in the rest of the LGBT community absolutely hate white cis gay/bi men as they claim they have stabbed the rest of the community in the back, they usually refer to them consistently voting conservative, transphobia in their circles and recently a pride parade was cancelled after the rest of the community voted not to have on duty police officers at the event, and the commitee which was entirely white cis gay men cancelled the entire parade which had a years worth of community planning into it.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
there's been some talk of this, a lot of people in the rest of the LGBT community absolutely hate white cis gay/bi men as they claim they have stabbed the rest of the community in the back, they usually refer to them consistently voting conservative, transphobia in their circles and recently a pride parade was cancelled after the rest of the community voted not to have on duty police officers at the event, and the commitee which was entirely white cis gay men cancelled the entire parade which had a years worth of community planning into it.
Husky mate, I think gay people have it hard enough without them self discriminating.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Again, ain’t you a feller?