• Asexual

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.8%

• Total voters

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
kids need to be taught these things as opposed to letting them go through their own shit to find out, as without this education it can lead to major problems in their life as someone told me recently

it's not some forced cultural thing, it's just to let kids know that they're accepted and what they are is okay, as opposed to letting them go wandering around without much meaning and having a shitty mental state

you get me?

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
no seriously though i dont really understand how me saying "yeah this is what i dont like about the lgbt community" equates to me saying "i dont like talking about lgbt stuff"

i really really dont get that

because you didn't specify what you meant with this in your statement, which can be taken as you referring to the previous posts

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Not sure why you'd actively hide what lgbt stuff is, not like kids aren't going to encounter it anyway

Important to know that teaching about it shouldn't equal pushing people towards it either

on another note parents who are lgbt and basically push their kids to become the same sexuality as them are just as bad as those super straight families who hate the idea of their kids being gay

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
on another note parents who are lgbt and basically push their kids to become the same sexuality as them are just as bad as those super straight families who hate the idea of their kids being gay
This kind of stuff disgusts me, a parents job shouldn't be to dictate what someone can think/feel.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
over here we get told when were like just starting out school and we talk family and stuff the whole "some kids have two moms/dads" thing to avoid confusion

later on in basic biology when we talk about hormonal develpoment and sex ed and other things sexuality is talked about in more detail

i dont really see why it should be any other way

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i wish it was up to the parents to teach the kids and not the schools about everything.

school, practical things. parents? social things.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
i wish it was up to the parents to teach the kids and not the schools about everything.

One thing I do agree with you own, seems like in this day and age parents don't even bother teaching their kids basic skills yet alone about how the world works and the birds and bees

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I don't think schools do enough to teach you about living in the real world.

The mithocondria is the powerhouse of the cell

That's great, but how tf do I do taxes??????

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

yeah the issue is a lot of modern parents dont take any of those responsibilities
not to mention the unfortanate kids who dont even have anyone there to teach them that

its better to rely on someplace where everyone gets that information and is mandatory rather than an unreliable path

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
isnt it obvious i was talking about the thread as a whole

or did you just read wrong

isnt it obvious i was talking about the thread as a whole

or did you just read wrong

then you dislike the thread as a whole?

you mentioned you dislike what it turned into, but I'm unsure what you mean with that considering all we were talking about is the pride parade and well, stuff

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae

this
about to sit my gcse exams next month and I know fuck all about taxes, jobs, making a CV, any skills that will help me apply myself to the outside world

but i know a cell wall is made of cellulose and strengthens the cell

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

meanwhile in scandiland:
taught how to take care of house and home in 9th grade
taught about home economics, housing market, taxes and etc first year in gymnasium
adult now and have all the knowledge with me

life is good :^)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
this
about to sit my gcse exams next month and I know fuck all about taxes, jobs, making a CV, any skills that will help me apply myself to the outside world

I mean, that knowledge proves oddly useful sometimes in the future, but knowing how to work in society is also important wtf

We do have a subject here in Spain to teach us those kinds of things, at least for the professional courses.

D

Deleted member 332

Truth is, there are still really shitty parents out there who don't talk with their kids or answer their questions. Luckily my mum always made herself answer any weird or uncomfortable questions I had when I was younger because her parents didn't. The problem starts when the parents refuse to teach their kids because they're all up tight (because their parents were too) or they push their own beliefs onto the child. In that way, the teachers have started to become like second parents and I don't envy the task they have. I'm from a really low income part of the UK and I've seen my fair share of shitty kids. The teachers teach and then the kid goes home to parents (or quite often a single parent) who undo anything they've been taught. It's a tough one. The parents should teach life skills at the end of the day- Get the kid to understand what being an adult entails.

D

Deleted member 1381

this wont end well

but yeah fuck the muslims, and religious people in general that do this shit, it wasnt like the schools were "forcing" it onto the children, iirc the lessons were literally "gay people exist and you should treat them like you treat others" basic tolerance

children should be taught (obviously not to be gay) but teaching them on how to be safe and treating others fairly
whether it ends well or not doesn’t matter it is fact

Muslims want to start families in the uk and have the country be tolerant of them their religion and their beliefs

if we can be tolerant of physical changes Muslims bring to this country they can be tolerant of someone’s sexual orientation or how they want to be, otherwise they can get out

religious people are by all intents and purposes retards so their opinion shouldn’t hurt you

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
its better to rely on someplace where everyone gets that information and is mandatory rather than an unreliable path

imagine wanting to go into a profession career only to be a part-time parent instead for 30 kids

i wouldn't mind so much, if my teachers wages weren't so shit for the quality they produce

D

Deleted member 6062

this

failed all of my gcses and couldn't be happier