• Asexual

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.8%

• Total voters

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Look I don't think we are going to see eye to eye on this, but I'd feel incredibly uncomfortable with flashing my sexuality in front of people's faces to show how "free" I am. I know my freedoms and ill enjoy them, I'm not prepared to flash it around everywhere, it's just a personal thing for me, I guess.

Mate you still don't get it. There's no "seeing eye to eye" here, the issue is that your point is not logical. I'm not talking about flashing your parts to the people, as I said many posts before I think pride should be a big loud pacific protest, and not a commercialized party.

What I'm trying to explain to you is the reason why a LGBT pride exists but a heterosexual pride doesn't, and the reason is simple, the following: You don't get rejected by society for being heterosexual, therefore being proud against a type of hate that does not exist makes no sense.

It's really that easy and simple, the pride comes from overcoming rejection from people.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Mate you still don't get it. There's no "seeing eye to eye" here, the issue is that your point is not logical. I'm not talking about flashing your parts to the people, as I said many posts before I think pride should be a big loud pacific protest, and not a commercialized party.

What I'm trying to explain to you is the reason why a LGBT pride exists but a heterosexual pride doesn't, and the reason is simple, the following: You don't get rejected by society for being heterosexual, therefore being proud against a type of hate that does not exist makes no sense.

It's really that easy and simple, the pride comes from overcoming rejection from people.
No I understand you why pride exists however I feel its distanced itself from its original purpose over the last few years.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
No I understand you why pride exists however I feel its distanced itself from its original purpose over the last few years.

You have changed your arguments 3 times in the past 5 posts please stick with something

Because what you're saying is literally what I said about 10 posts before.

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You have changed your arguments 3 times in the past 5 posts please stick with something

Because what you're saying is literally what I said about 10 posts before.
No?

I said I dislike pride but I tolerate it

I feel as if it's self destructive to the goal of total inclusion

The argument of honor killing was to highlight my desire of freedom to love, period, and not be oppressed on who you can and cannot love,similar to how lgbtq people are told they cannot love what they do.

And whilst pride had honorable goals to start out, the reason I dislike it, is because I feel its somewhat diverted away from those goals.

I'm going to go ahead and stop arguing with you because I don't want this thread to be locked but if you want to talk to me about it more do go ahead and contact me on steam or whatever is convenient for you.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
it’s worse when it’s on of the people you’ve seen on neb transform into some cool dude loved by many into some fucking dog brain who gets insulted by the mere mention of their sexuality or new identity wrong

like shut up, no ones out to sour you just trying to joke around with their buds

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Fellow Uk people hear about the controversy surrounding certain communities not wanting people to be taught about lgbt stuff?

There's something odd about that whole thing

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
fuck me lads

this thread has turned into the exact reason i dont interact with the lgbt "community" anymore

nutty shit
[doublepost=1555953443][/doublepost]
Fellow Uk people hear about the controversy surrounding certain communities not wanting people to be taught about lgbt stuff?

:thinking:

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
fuck me lads

this thread has turned into the exact reason i dont interact with the lgbt "community" anymore

nutty shit
[doublepost=1555953443][/doublepost]
:thinking:

this thread is to talk about lgbt

and you're complaining about people talking about lgbt

there's a number of reasons why this is wrong dont @ me

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

See I honestly don't know about this one.

I always thought it was something kids should find out on there own or parents should teach them about but there's risks with that too.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
this thread is to talk about lgbt

and you're complaining about people talking about lgbt

there's a number of reasons why this is wrong dont @ me
how the fuck did you end up at that conclusion from what i said
*wheeze*

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

I always thought it was something kids should find out on there own or parents should teach them about but there's risks with that too.

You either teach it all or teach nothing at all.

Kids don't need to take those lessons as "this is a market pick what you want" but as "doesn't matter what gender or sexuality you have and love you're ok"

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae

predominantly muslim
this wont end well

but yeah fuck the muslims, and religious people in general that do this shit, it wasnt like the schools were "forcing" it onto the children, iirc the lessons were literally "gay people exist and you should treat them like you treat others" basic tolerance

children should be taught (obviously not to be gay) but teaching them on how to be safe and treating others fairly

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

better to get out outta the way via the way of "some kids have two moms or two dads" shit and being done with it
that way there aint confusion

twas how we do it here

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
how the fuck did you end up at that conclusion from what i said
*wheeze*

instead of posting 2 liners and word emojis you could explain your points thoroughly or say what exactly did you not like from the thread

since we can't read your mind you know

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
instead of posting 2 liners and word emojis you could explain your points thoroughly or say what exactly did you not like from the thread

since we can't read your mind you know
no seriously though i dont really understand how me saying "yeah this is what i dont like about the lgbt community" equates to me saying "i dont like talking about lgbt stuff"

i really really dont get that

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't have much of an opinion on it since I don't have a kid so /shrug

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

I think people are entitled to know that people like that exist and to live and let live as long as it's legal and not crossing a line

We're taught in school about religion and basic sex ed so I don't see why not. Not that I'm a fan of some of the more...Extreme examples of this type of education, but a simple lesson on basic tolerance and understanding is all that is needed.

I get it, parents don't want their kids being taught things that may run contradictory to what they've taught them; it's a thing that happens, it's why there was uproars about basic sex education back in the day - when certain christian communites said that sex was sinful and all this other stuff. This is the same shit.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
fuck me now that i think about it i never got taught about lgbt people or how to be safe
guess the whole "lgbt lessons will make kids gay" is a bit bullshit