bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
hb7hGIL.jpg

btq drop the lg

bubblegum

Nebulae
if it was outdated i suppose it would've been removed from the acronym, which would then likely invalidate everyone who is attracted to only two genders.

i get that logic and i think people who are attracted to only two genders are valid but idk i feel like inclusive language > exclusive language

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
i get that logic and i think people who are attracted to only two genders are valid but idk i feel like inclusive language > exclusive language
this may sound convoluted, but shouldn't a label, as so many people wish to have, be specific? from my own understanding, it is often to describe those who are attracted to both cis men and women. If you're too broad with the description, or "inclusive" with it, perhaps fewer people would stop identifying with it and feel alienated; at which point, a new term would probably be devised with the same meaning as the original, nullifying the effort.

edit:
this is not saying anything about your own identification, only supporting the existence of the B

bubblegum

Nebulae
it is often to describe those who are attracted to both cis men and women.

ye thats why i dont like calling myself bi because of that. im attracted to men and women but idc if they're trans or not.

like i said i think im queer but i dont like calling myself bi, and like 5 ppl responded to me with different definitions so i think being specific in a label is good, because i want to call myself something that everyone understand what it is

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
nonbinary ppl are real and valid
[doublepost=1584473901][/doublepost]

why wouldn't you be attracted to trans ppl if u were attracted to both men and women?
random question but alright

i'm a straight dude, i like women. let's say i'm single - i just couldn't bring myself to get into a relationship with a trans lady. not to say I don't support trans people, but they were essentially a man, no? I don't like men, and that feeling sticks.

bubblegum

Nebulae

i'm a straight dude, i like women. let's say i'm single - i just couldn't bring myself to get into a relationship with a trans lady. not to say I don't support trans people, but they were essentially a man, no? I don't like men, and that feeling sticks.

I'm an adult. Let's say I'm single - I just couldn't bring myself to get into a relationship with someone. not to say I don't support people, but they were essentially a child, no? I don't like children, and that feeling sticks.

Last edited:

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I'm not a pedophile. Let's say I'm single - I just couldn't bring myself to get into a relationship with someone. not to say I don't support people, but they were essentially a child, no? I don't like children, and that feeling sticks.
what the fuck kind of comparison is this

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i suspect i’m bisexual. how do i confirm this?
Being Bi is generally a lot of "am I?" before you either find someone that makes it click for you or the feelings gradually fade. False negatives from lack of affirmation are fairly common too until that happens.

It really is just a case of searching and seeking, as general as that is, until you can confidently say you are/aren't attracted to guys as well as girls.

Bearing in mind it doesn't have to mean a 50/50 split or whatever and you might lean to one or the other, or only have a certain "type" for men or women but be more open with the other.

hbag

bitchmade
Nebulae

damn good thing trans women aren't men then huh

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
saying you wouldn't date a trans women because they 'used to be men' is transphobic. but whatever, people can do w/e they want.
So am I transphobic because I'm straight and wouldn't date a trans woman? Maybe I just have a preference, I can still associate and respect trans people without being sexually attracted to them.

bubblegum

Nebulae
So am I transphobic because I'm straight and wouldn't date a trans woman? Maybe I just have a preference, I can still associate and respect trans people without being sexually attracted to them.

I can't speak for everyone. Someone's preference is valid, as they're ultimately the decider in who they like or want to be with, and no one can force them to change their mind. HOWEVER, I also think it wouldn't hurt for someone to think about why they have that preference. In my opinion, saying 'I'm straight, I don't like trans women' can come off as a transphobic thing to say, because if someone is straight, wouldn't they naturally be attracted to women, including transwomen?

Doing / saying something transphobic does not make someone transphobic btw. We can all improve on how we treat others.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I can't speak for everyone. Someone's preference is valid, as they're ultimately the decider in who they like or want to be with, and no one can force them to change their mind. HOWEVER, I also think it wouldn't hurt for someone to think about why they have that preference. In my opinion, saying 'I'm straight, I don't like trans women' can come off as a transphobic thing to say, because if someone is straight, wouldn't they naturally be attracted to women, including transwomen?

Doing / saying something transphobic does not make someone transphobic btw. We can all improve on how we treat others.
Yeah sorry, I'm not going to be demonized for the preference I hold. Your logic makes little to no sense and I'm not going to change my preference of who I'd potentially like to spend the rest of my life with because of it being considered transphobic. I can be friendly towards everyone and respect everyone for who they are, leave relationships and sexual preference out of this.