Serious Post screenshots from other games!

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
aKaMgWQ.png

dystopia
Society.

Reactions: List

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
cdda-mininuke.png

this game I swear

also, the story of this character so far:
>play a fast food cook, spawn in evac shelter
>one other guy inside as usual
>"This infection is bad, mega bad..."
>he's infected
>needs antibiotics (available at an overrun city pharmacy near you!)
>sure my guy was never able to hold a stable job, but he's still friendly and brave and a good guy and he wants to help
>loot the shelter, check outside, standard stuff
>two giant acidic ants outside, one soldier, game says he's aggressive
>oh well, I'll take the other door then
>go exploring
>find some decent areas outside of the city, all protected by enemies I can't afford to fight though
>find (presumably) airdropped crates
>don't have a prying tool, smashing them would alert the zombies in the nearby motel, also risk damaging the stuff inside
>return to shelter
>other guy's still infected
>start smashing furniture for materials
>doesn't work, steak knife too weak
>realize "large rock" has bashing 20
>realize the shelter lockers drop PIPES, HOLY SHIT
>make a makeshift crowbar, among other things
>loot the crates
>military helmet- equipped, military winter gloves- equipped, combat boots- equipped, smoke grenade, makeshift poison bombs, mininuke
>leave the nuke there, too big to carry without wielding
>return back
>still don't have proper storage options, only pockets and a shitty bindle (only 5L + massive encumberance on the hand and arm you're holding it with)
>trade with the infected guy, don't want to cheese the game by selling him stuff in our shared shelter, so sell those gas bombs instead
>backpack, oh yeah, 30L of storage space baby (still too short to hold my crowbar tho)
>time to go raid a pharmacy
>it's a shitty idea by all means. The cities are always full of zombies (writting this I'm realizing I could have tried going during the night, not sure about the mechanics there but it could have been a lot easier), but I want to save the other person, do the right thing- that's the sort of character I'm playing
>I'm not leaving him behind, I'd rather die trying
>that's simply what a human is supposed to do
>set out
>realize I might not return, quickly walk back
>leave some items I won't need with the other guy, he might not have too long to live without my help but I don't want to dimish his chances
>right
>here we go
>walk towards the city, weaving inbetween lone zombies and ants
>jesus christ there is a lot of ants
>they're winning whenever they pick a fight with the zombies
>see the pharmacy wall, go closer
>some zombies pop out, I'm surrounded
>FUCK IT, running speed
>turn the corner, the street is empty
>only one zombie dog still on me
>smash the front window open
>climb in
>start fighting the dog, way too hard to hit
>my health keeps trickling down
>finally deliver the finishing blow
>pulp the body
>injured but can keep going
>right, time to get looting
>front has no antibiotics
>make it to the back
>smash down the door
>coughing syrup painkillers eyedrops
>ANTIBIOTICS
>HELL YEAH
>start throwing everything into the backpack
>something's trying to bash the back door into the pharmacy, but it... gives up?
>in fact, nothing seems to be aware I'm in here anymore
>street still clear too
>loot most of the front, skill books, tools, food, drinks, more medicine
>right, time to bail
>let's go
>go the same way I entered
>huge horde waiting
>about five exclamations mark above the zombies who spotted me
>fuck
>run
>RUN
>RUN
>they have the same speed
>my stamina is limited
>can't run anymore
>the horde jolts forward as the game simulates their movement while I can't do anything
>know it's over
>die being brutally torn apart
>reaload several times, fail each time, realize I'm pretty much cheating and ruining the point of permadeath games at this point
>right, I'm gonna just die the same way I did first time and move onto the next character, it sucks but whatever
>proceed to do so
>horde on me, run
>they start tearing into me
>realize I failed to use my smoke grenade the first time this happened, didn't realize I had to wield it + probably mispressed the buttons to do so
>well
>fine
>this is your final chance, it's not like your character would fail at using the grenade himself
>for the sake of realism of course
>a for activate
>smoke envelops me
>keep walking forward through the exhaustion and the pain
>no longer being torn into
>grenade runs out
>zombies nowhere to be seen, got interested in something else, maybe the eyebot keeping a huge nearby hoard busy
>fuck me
>how the fuck did this work
>one torso blow away from death, left leg in similar condition
>collect dropped items, limp into a nearby shack, do some bandaging and disinfecting, rest a bit
>check back outside
>way back north blocked by a horde of giant ants, map tells me their nest is in a village east (city is west)
>will have to go the long way around
>once again weaving inbetween zombies and ants
>way north is through a marsh
>realize that "a marsh" means a shitton of giant spiders, centipides, mosquitoes and similar things + some of the ants still
>I could just abandon the guy back at the shelter, I have some equipment there but I could find more south
>push on
>game constantly yelling at me about giant things that want to kill me
>have to go deeper and deeper to avoid conflict, each direction I head I run into another roadblock I have to avoid
>forest
>regular forest ahead
>check map
>yeah, only a bit of forest left until the field north of home
>pop out on the open field
>I've made it
>I've really fucking made it
>head back to the shelter
>enter
>guy still there, alive and breathing
>asks me about the quest status
>"I don't know what to say except Mission Accomplished"
>"Want to travel with me?"
>"[PERSUASION] We're friends, right? [100%]"

>Save game
>Next time I play I'm sorting all those new items and resting up to heal (healing rate in Cataclysm, given you bandage and disinfect, is way faster than in real life- it's justified with a spoiler-y reason)
>afterwards we're grabbing all our stuff, leaving a note in the shelter about where we took all that medicine (for the sake of other survivors) and heading further north
>we'll need a proper base
>and to leave goddamn ant county behind, I don't feel safe here

>Things may be a bit better right now, but I've got a sinking feeling that there are darker days ahead
Ey
What's the game name
So I too can engage in these experiences

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ey
What's the game name

I think it is cataclysm dark days ahead, its an ASCI game... So you will need to download tileset unless you are an ASCI god superhuman that can play with his mind only

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Ey
What's the game name
Let me copy and paste an explanation I've written up for someone else:
(the game/launcher actually comes with some tilesets, I use UltiCa)
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead.
It's an open source game and there are multiple major versions/forks, the other most prominent one is Cataclysm Bright Nights, which, to my knowledge, aims for less simulation and more streamlined gameplay + storyline

If you decide to give it a try:
Launcher for arguably the easiest download/updating. It comes with some mods, to get more or to make sure they're up-to-date/working, I recommend installing the entire appropriate version of Kenan's Mod Pack, then activating whatever mods you want at world creation. (I honestly don't know how to mod properly using only the launcher haha. Also, for clarity, some people don't like Kenan's, though I'm not exactly clear why myself)
Wiki/subreddit/various YouTube channels for whatever guides you want, though I recommend not reading up on the best strategies or such, just on mechanics. Several systems in the "experimental" versions aren't covered in all of them yet (nested containers, proficiencies, weariness)
There's also a neat control cheat sheet somewhere on the subreddit.

Also, a pretty long explanation of all the basic mechanics along with some common sense tips/tricks: (a tiny bit spoiler-y, but the big spoilers are in their own separate spoiler boxes at the bottom)
you can play without reading stuff about the game first and figure/google things as you go, same with controls, just keep them on hand and refer to them as you need, you'll memorize them automatically soon

also I'm no expert at the game myself

walk with

x to look around, X to peek around corners (X+direction)
V for a full overview of all creatures and items you character currently sees (things like crates and bushes don't show here though)
i for inventory
e + direction to interact or quickly pick up items, you can also choose how many of the same item to pick up by pressing a number before selecting it, enter to confirm
/ for full item manipulation
\ for hauling (it takes a lot of time, but allows you to drag a whole bunch of items you otherwise wouldn't be able to carry for whatever reason)
" to switch between crouching/walking/running. Crouching allows you to hide behind objects better and such, running eats stamina but allows you to move more (relative to other creatures)
v for your current morale modifiers
+ for overview of all worn items
o for opening stuff
c for closing stuff
pressing e on closed curtains allows you to peek through them
s to smash (furniture down to basic materials, doors, zombies so they don't ressurect, there's also an option in the B - butcher menu for cutting them up for this same purpose)
z and Z for zooming in and out
< and > for going up and down stairs and such
| to wait
@ character overview
! enables/disables safe mode (the enemy spotted! messages)
$ sleep
% quick item actions (sometimes you find actions you didn't know you can do here haha)
& crafting
* construction
_ styles
B to butcher
m map
walk into enemies to attack them
(not all controls but generally the ones menus don't tell you outright for all the basic, not super advanced stuff)

ideal newbie start is survivor + evac shelter imo

only fight things if you know why you're fighting them. You can avoid a lot of combat by staying out of their range. (though, since enemies evolve over time, culling some early on might be a good idea. I think wildlife respawns, but enemies don't? Though if you switch wandering hordes on, they might come to you instead of just chilling where they spawned until you load them, I think they're drawn to noise?)

cities have a lot of enemies, so they're not ideal to start in/go to at first. (maybe at night? I'm not sure)

small towns/villages are a bit better, you can also find some places/loot without enemies in the countryside. If you know what you're doing, you can ignore half of the game and live as a hermit/hunter in the forest, too

if you're being chased, weaving inbetween trees/buildings can help? but stuff nowadays seems as fast as you are (I think they used to be slower in the past)

I think food spoils over time even if you don't load it. So if you're a month into the cataclysm, you won't be finding any new quickly perishable foods in good condition (I think). There are ways to preserve food, too.

fishing/farming/hunting/taming some animals is a thing

you can get water from rivers and stuff too but you'll need to boil it

inventory is a bit convoluted. Your character has max carry weight (determined by strength, going above it makes walking cost stamina + gives you pain I think??), max volume (in liters, determined by the stuff you're wearing- pockets on clothing, bags, backpacks, etc all give you volume- if you're playing Stable you only have one total number for volume, if on Experimental, the game keeps track of each pocket/space separately, but fills them automatically for the most part) and max length (only on experimentals I think, I think its based on the longest pocket/space you have, basically limits how long things you put in your inventory can be)

stamina is important. Running, smashing, etc consumes it. Easiest way to regain it is to wait (there's even an option to wait until your stamina is full

watch out for hunger/thirst. If you're playing experimental, you might need to E eat the food itself, not its container. You also need to sleep. Also, on experimentals, make sure you D drop containers, not the contents

right, encumberance and warmth. Basically each article of clothing you wear a) covers certain bodyparts b) on certain layers c) has a certain coverage d) gives certain protections and warmth (+ it can have pockets, be broken down into materials, etc)
The bodyparts it covers: where it gives encumberance, warmth, where it has a chance to stop attacks
Coverage: % chance an attack aimed at a bodypart will "come in contact" with that piece of clothing covering it
Encumberance: how "impractical" or "limiting" your clothing options are for certain actions. Each piece of clothing usually adds some to the bodyparts it covers, things like combat boots are obviously worse at this than sneakers. Wearing two or more items on the same bodypart AND on the same layers adds extra encumberance. + for overview, check wiki for effects, it's a good idea (acording to reddit, haven't tested it myself) to keep it under 10 for mouth and eyes, absolutely whatever for head (it will stop you from wearing too much stuff there, but it doesn't have an effect otherwise), 20 for everything else
Warmth is pretty similiar, an item of clothing adds it to the bodypart it covers, + for overview, try not to be too hot or cold anywhere (first it gives you a morale debuff, then it gets actually dangerous, though being a bit warm is obviously often acceptable when its done for a good reason)

filthy clothing: gives you a morale debuff, also a risk of infection if hit by an attack, can be washed, easiest method is washboard + soap

(poor fit) gives extra encumberance, can often be refitted

the lines next to a piece of clothing are its condition, if it gets too low it gets destroyed, can be repaired

the lines next to your bodyparts are the health there, run out of torso or head you die, depending on the color of the limb name you can get extra info
gray = normal
red = bleeding
blue = bitten
Green = infected
Magenta = bitten and bleeding
Yellow = infected and bleeding

bandages and/or time can treat bleeding, antiseptics bites, infections are treated with antibiotics I think??
there are different strengths of bleeding/bites (check @) and bandages and antiseptics and your medical skill comes to play too
bandaging + disinfecting also greatly accelerates healing (to the point where even a "poor" quality of both can heal you almost to full overnight). I'm pretty sure more combat can ruin the long-term effects though

most attacks you take don't result in a bite>infection/bleeding though

depending on the enemy, they can not only see you, but also hear you and smell you, you can limit the spread of your scent and the noise you make

wield items to use them as weapons or to carry extra large objects without time-consuming hauling

learn new skills from books (first read quickly skims the book to show you the skills/recipes/requirements/morale effects of it. You can also craft recipes you didn't memorize if you have the book containing them on you/nearby, some recipes you learn directly by increasing skills)

pain and poor morale decreses your focus, good morale increases it, focus = efficiency when learning skills

NPCs can also teach you skills they know if you convince them, among other things (helping out with various activities, carrying your stuff (I think), fighting alongside you, joining your faction if you ever create one)

Zoning is apparently really good for automatic item sorting, I don't use it though

You can repair, upgrade and use the vehicles you find around

tools are important, have certain properties (like hammering 1, hammering 2, screwing 1, etc) which are required to do certain things/craft certain recipes

weariness is like a long-term tiredness, no clue how it works specifically

nested containers allow you to, for example, fill a backpack with uneccessary items and quickly drop it during combat to decrease your torso encumberance, U unload a container to empty it, there are also more specific controls I don't know about

crafting has some wortwhile recipes even in the early game, especially stuff like makeshift bandages and various shitty bags + cooking. Crafting in the dark is usually harder/impossible

if you don't have the time/tools to D dissasemble something, check if you can quicky cut it up/whatever with a % quick action

I recommend using the "No NPC needs mod" as they're not completely fleshed out yet, one of the mods that make map more readable (like alternative map key) and a tileset (I use UltiCa)

later stuff includes vehicles, factions (interacting with or starting your own, though these two things aren't all that fleshed out yet)
rejecting your humanity with cybernetic implants and/or mutations and
artefacts, though I don't know much about those myself

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Started a playtrough of bannerlord with the Goal to be the bandit king of the forest people so far so good once my skill of rogue grew I started recruiting a lot of bandits unit WHICH apparently can become fian champions one of the strongest archers in the game so that is very good. I've raided countless of village slaughtered hundred of villagers and robbed dozens of caravans and have already over 200k in gold.

As such I decided to get myself a castle... well two and I'm not even tier 4.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
r1I1Gfp.jpeg

woGk7sY.jpeg