religious terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANE47

Washed up S2Ker
Nebulae
its not like people here hates muslims

it is about islam, my brother is a muslim, my mother and father is a muslim.

telling that an idea is false and the beliefs are wrong does not necessarily mean that we/i hate the members that believe in them
I meant in general.
And as I said man I am not knowledgable enough to answer hard questions and in english.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
what am I suppose to cut out

i'm trying to prove that islam is not made/designed for western civlization, it will never work here

But the way that you go on about it is extremely idiotic, you dont provide arguments nor anything, you make stupid comments on arguments expecting to fortify your POV.
At least be sensible and rational, I'm not a muslim, but I study it cause I have to, I dont shit talk it nor any other religion.

And no one gives a shit about where it could work, religion is everywhere

Reactions: List

BANE47

Washed up S2Ker
Nebulae
Someone criticizes your religion, and you instantly pin it on 'racism', 'Islamophobia', whatever else the fuck.
Jesus Christ, and you wonder :grinning:
Hm what? I did not?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
what am I suppose to cut out

i'm trying to prove that islam is not made/designed for western civlization, it will never work here
Medieval age Christianity wouldn't work either, it's quite obvious that the Saudi-Arabia Islam won't work, but a polished version? Definitely could work, that's why Westernized Muslims are able to function.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
You're claiming that violence and evil don't exist within your religion, then when I provide proof of it, claiming that religion is not necessary for violence.

Circular logic is a failed argument, sorry.

Of course violence and evil exists in islam but (from my studies) is not too extreme, but bear in mind that i study in an islamic state, so they may be bias

Angel

Nebulae
Of course violence and evil exists in islam but (from my studies) is not too extreme, but bear in mind that i study in an islamic state, so they may be bias
If you read any of the major holy books, you'll find references to rape, murder, etc. If that's not extreme...................

Angel

Nebulae
yeah not trying to bm muslims but the fact that over half of the total muslim population is radical is pretty bad :(
If it's over half, by definition it can't be radical...

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I don't think there's technically such a thing as religious terrorism; terrorism is the radicalisation of one persons actions and/or beliefs. It's one of the many pitfalls that comes with any religion, in that it's practiced doctrines are open to interpretation.

It's more cause and effect. Those who have personalities which are prone to radicalisation will obviously find reason one way or another. But let's remove religion and look at the term terrorism, as it can be used to describe a wide variety of crimes such as mass murder / being a serial killer.

All in all, terror acts are committed by the person under their own pretence, or rather their attempt at making their personal ideology on a matter truth, or for personal gain - often both.

Ace

angsty teen looking for attention
Nebulae
I don't think there's technically such a thing as religious terrorism; terrorism is the radicalisation of one persons actions and/or beliefs.
but isn't someone's beliefs technically to be clarified as religion?
especially when they originate and are influenced by a certain book or from words spoken by representatives?

Angel

Nebulae
That was their "beliefs"
No, not really.
Imagine a pie.
At the center, you have those who blow themselves up.
Next layer are those that support those that blow themselves up, support the cause and think it should be done;
Next layer you have those that don't support it, but don't condemn it;
so on.

I can safely say, I don't like 50% of Muslims in the UK. They are a threat to Western Values, they are actual Homophobes and misogynists. To me they're all dangerous extremists.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...se-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/
[doublepost=1490285411][/doublepost]I do find it incredibly shocking that so called Liberals are crying about Islamophobia given these statistics, instead of defending the actual liberal values, which these Muslims are against :\

Surgeon XE

Quark
Nebulae
Violence in religion appears to stem from the fact that at the time it was one of the most common ways to punish people for transgressions/breaking the law. The times have changed though and so should peoples approach to religion. I find it ridiculous that people stick to thier guns on death penalties for breaking religious laws. Isnt the whole deal with religion that you should let God sort these things out? Seems nonsensical to me.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
but isn't someone's beliefs technically to be clarified as religion?
especially when they originate and are influenced by a certain book or from words spoken by representatives?

Religion is more of a doctrine with wide following, otherwise it would be known as a cult or simple "belief", but none of the religions openly promote what we would call terrorism, and thus terrorist acts are not caused directly from religion, but rather that persons warped "belief" on that religion or how particular parts of the doctrine should be carried out

Angel

Nebulae
Violence in religion appears to stem from the fact that at the time it was one of the most common ways to punish people for transgressions/breaking the law. The times have changed though and so should peoples approach to religion. I find it ridiculous that people stick to thier guns on death penalties for breaking religious laws. Isnt the whole deal with religion that you should let God sort these things out? Seems nonsensical to me.
That's the issue when you don't separate Religion and State. The religious law is the state law.

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae
No, not really.
Imagine a pie.
At the center, you have those who blow themselves up.
Next layer are those that support those that blow themselves up, support the cause and think it should be done;
Next layer you have those that don't support it, but don't condemn it;
so on.

I can safely say, I don't like 50% of Muslims in the UK. They are a threat to Western Values, they are actual Homophobes and misogynists. To me they're all dangerous extremists.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...se-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/
What you're saying is "Oh we don't like Muslims!" why tho "Because they oppress homosexuals while enforcing it into their own country!"
well that's how it is, those 'radical' doesn't represent Islam

Ace

angsty teen looking for attention
Nebulae
openly promote what we would call terrorism, and thus terrorist acts are not caused directly from religion,
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

:V

Status
Not open for further replies.