s&box - Garry's Mod 2 (?)

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
i just want to feel the joy of early TTT, DarkRP, Deathrun, Jailbreak and some 2014 overly-ambitious 12 slot server again

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 5162

image0-107.jpg

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Honestly, while I have no ill will towards the man and 100% agree its his (/his studio's) decision to make, lessened/no focus on servers makes s@box less appealing in my eyes. But I get it will likely be the other way for others.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i think i will play the game for a week with some friends and then uninstall it because i dont care much

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
saying you don't give a shit about addons when your base game models look like limp dick hotdog dudes from those indian kids animations is pretty fucking funny hahaha

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
if they still have that map porting feature there's no chance they can stop people from shoving half life stuff in the game

Nebulae
from the looks of the direction garry is taking it and the early renditions of the game browser it looks more like roblox if anything, with instead of there being servers each game is its own self contained gamemode with several sessions of it running at once

i would imagine server owners are 100% going to try and get around this and make seperate edits of gamemodes for their own server (eg: a custom prophunt gamemode for a single custom server, seperate from the default prophunt gamemode) but how well that'll work remains to be seen

its lame honestly, the concept of a roblox-style game for an older playerbase sounds cool but i wish it wasn't taking place within the "spiritual sucessor" to gmod. people love gmod BECAUSE one server can be so different from another- i could join one TTT server and it'd be completely vanilla with the default models and css weapons and then i could join another with 24/7 minecraft maps anime girl terrorist models and some custom cw2.0 edit with railguns

hl2rp and rp gamemodes in general are very unlikely to thrive in s&box unless the possible workaround i mentioned above actually works lol. rp gamemodes are designed in such a way that having a wide range of servers to choose from, each with their different communities, rulesets, addons, and intricacies is almost required for them to work.

imagine having matchmaking for hl2rp and if you disconnect you have to pray you get put into the same server again else all of your characters are lost lmfao

additionally this pretty much strips a very large "community" aspect from the game as with this system any communities pretty much can't exist because each gamemode is pretty much just the same session of the gamemode with no seperate servers for different communities with different addons configs

idk maybe all this has changed im getting this from some video i watched last year before s&box was even in closed beta
limp dick hotdog dudes
those models are so fucking ass lol

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
if they still have that map porting feature there's no chance they can stop people from shoving half life stuff in the game
until it escalates to deletions, law suits and worse
[doublepost=1628778043][/doublepost]also on a genuine basis

the whole concept of s&box is so fucking boring cause multiple games have done it before and have vastly larger progress (unironically, see roblox)

nobody will thrive for long on a game which bases itself of a game fueled by third party devs who make minigames

it would've probably made more sense to build onto the idea of a better sandbox to build the base from there, like gmod

rp (if it will ever come to fruition) won't be like that what you know, it'll be far worse and you are probably better off transitioning to GTA rather than s&box.

also the living sausage man playermodel is horrendous

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
some youtubers have been sponsored by a game that runs on fortnite called core where its basically just roblox

nobody wants basically roblox
s&box will probably flunk im ngl, its not an original game, and taking away the communities ability to make it original will kill it

Nebulae
some youtubers have been sponsored by a game that runs on fortnite called core where its basically just roblox

nobody wants basically roblox
s&box will probably flunk im ngl, its not an original game, and taking away the communities ability to make it original will kill it

Yeah it's really like, "In S&Box you can do whatever you want! Except..."