show us your food GOD DAMNIT

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
how do yall prefer your meat by the way

i dont see why people, especially people that work in expensive restaurants, dislike steak that is well done

its the only way i eat meat lol
13c0c73f7b2b52efe6e1d7043dbed85a.png
medium rare but if its a really really good steak then blue rare is good also

well done is for pedophiles/british people

Reactions: List

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae

i dont see why people, especially people that work in expensive restaurants, dislike steak that is well done

Solid medium well or medium. Nothing else, maybe well done here and there if I’m feeling basic

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
that is the only burger I would say actually comes close to being good from mcdonalds
The US one tastes different to the UK one though, I far prefer your guys version. Ours are always hit or miss where they’re either really dry or just really poorly put together

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

What the fuck bro

Medium rare gang represent

Also love me tartar

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
most restaurants i do medium because i dont trust a cheap place to actually get a medium rare right
but anywhere thats a bit pricey i do medium rare

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
What the fuck bro

Medium rare gang represent

Also love me tartar
idk i come from a household that doesnt give a flying fuck about how its cooked

for me, anything below medium is raw

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
idk i come from a household that doesnt give a flying fuck about how its cooked

for me, anything below medium is raw
dont germans eat raw mince with onions bro

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae

Anything from Medium Rare to Medium Well is okay I guess, I like chicken and turkey a lot more than beef

People who eat Blue Rare might aswell take a bite out a living cow though like wtf

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

are you from east germany?

i noticed that in any post-communist place every single meat is well-done, in america i was confused cause they asked how you wanted it (rare/medium rare/etc.) but here you just say what you want and they cook it, same goes for surrounding (communist) countries like serbia and shit

wonder if its a relic from the commie era where it was safer to just fully cook meats and it stuck

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
think the biggest misconception with having any doneness that involves a red twinge is that people mistake juice for blood

psa

it isnt blood

it really isnt blood

stop thinking its blood

the likelihood of you getting blood in your steak is next to nothing unless the person who bled that cow and/or the people who processed the meat are absolutely fucking retard useless

the only time where you'd get blood is if your steak is bone-in and you might get a little bit of residual blood coming from the open end of the bone which will be there regardless of whether or not it's well done mind you

juice is juice. rendered fat. flavour. that's all it is. it isnt blood. shut up go away.

walgreens

Electron
Nebulae

rare or bust.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
rare or bust.
the only reason i prefer medium rare STRICTLY is because of the fat

scientifically speaking (and if someone wants to correct me here, go ahead; this is information i learned a while ago and i may have forgotten some of it) medium rare - that being 130-135F/55-57C (granted as low as 53C can be medium rare too) - is the point wherein the internal fat of the meat only just begins to render into its juice form but doesn't start to evaporate from the heat. any higher than medium rare temps and the fat begins to evaporate, while any lower (im talking 51c or below really) and the fat doesn't quite start the process of rendering.

this is why well done steak is chewy and dry because by the time you cook it to that temperature, all of the internal fat has exited its solid state, entered its liquid state, and seeped out of the meat into the pan only to be sent to oblivion itself. the only time where this isnt the case is if that's a VERY fatty piece of meat and there's too much internal fat to actually be seared off by the time it reaches 71C (well done temp)

note im saying INTERNAL fat. internal fat is the little marbling you see throughout;
Ribeye-Close-up_d2c51fd2-c860-4461-b395-f43474ff133a_2048x2048.jpg

that's the stuff that renders.

while yes, the external fat cap like above what's circled will also render, it's typically far denser fat and u should really only keep that on if the steak isn't well marbled because then the fat cap can provide some much needed juice. there IS such a thing as a steak that's too fatty though. fat caps on more expensive cuts can also be a little too strong in flavour, like wagyu fat caps which are liable to make you vomit out of sheer flavour intensity unless you have a strong stomach for that.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
BEHOLD;

THE MONSTER;

THE HAND OF GOD;

THE DEVIL INCARNATE;

BRUCE THE BARBECUE.

Resized_20210702_1553221.jpeg

20210702_160317.jpg

20210702_132220.jpg

BUILT IT BY MYSELF FOR 3 HOURS