Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
kylo ren kills snoke and luke sky walker gets killed by rey

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
Leia should've died in space.
They should've evacuated and had that vice admiral bitch fuck the ship up earlier.
Also near the end when fin pulls a drawer out to get the blanket for rose the ancient Jedi books are there.

Also when Luke walked out of the explosions the baby jew Kylo shot him with everyone over 50 in the audience all said ''Chuck Norris''

Reactions: List

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
I was personally pissed off at the inclusion of Rose, this literal random engineer who ends up piloting one of the final speeder-like craft in the last stand. She literally goes AWOL for one mission, doesn't really do much on that mission at all (as we remember, fin and rose actually have no purpose at all during this movie, you could literally remove all of their scenes and the film would still have a plot-line that made some sense. She talks about being excited to meet rebel heroes when she sees Fin and gets pretty much insane when she sees him, but then just walks up to Leia like its nothing. Her character just feels incredibly forced, dull at most and just token to adding some sort of love interest for a character who would've been better suited just going without. I was ready to accept Fin sacrificing himself in the final scene, it would have been a sad but satisfying ending. And then the character of Rose tries to save Finn, which felt extremely ridiculous, especially the kiss scene and how the fuck both of them were able to run from the walkers without getting capped was beyond me.

There's a bunch of other things that I hated about the film, stuff that just frustrated me:
  • The Porgs were garbage. They didn't even give them much attention in terms of animation and they literally only ever just got in the way.
  • Leia being superman, that was ridiculous, Full stop.
  • The purple-haired admiral, I literally hated everything about her. Why didn't she just say 'oh yeah we're going to this abandoned planet' instead of practically asking for a mutiny. The film tries to give her a heroic ending with her sacrificing the cruiser to destroy Snoke's ship, but why didn't they do that if they were scuttling the cruiser anyway?
  • Luke projecting himself rather than actually showing up. I get that he might not have been able to get there in time but why didn't he just say 'im buying you some time go' and then vanish once the rebels have gone, he probably wouldn't have used much energy then and probably wouldn't have died. Just seems ridiculous. I mean, he had an X-wing, he's pulled them out of the water before, just do it again?Or take the Falcon and have Rey pull the x-wing out of the water, would've been way better.
  • The opening space battle was pretty much the only space battle in the entire film, scratch the first order just doming a dozen rebel transports. The opening set a bar, and then the rest of the film went below it.
  • The bullshit pull on Rey's parents, although I'm still thinking that it's Han and Leia, as it wouldn't make sense for Kylo to lecture Rey about letting the past die only then to say that it would include her parents. Snoke's death was pretty dumb, too, but I liked Kylo's following the Sith-style system of a master and an apprentice, except he's only a master now, with no apprentice.
Didn't really have much quarrel with Yoda being able to destroy the Jedi temple, as we see Rey has stolen all the Jedi books at the end of the film, they're contained on the Millenium Falcon.
6/10 film for me, I understand where it stands in the star wars universe, and that it's setting up the ninth film to be larger than this, we'll likely hear from Leia's useless allies somehow, I'm hoping for some fan service in the idea of perhaps an old droid army or some clone-wars era ships, like the Republic Acclamator-class ships (I'm hoping, I don't think it'll happen but they mentioned briefly the jedi order before order 66 in the last jedi, so they might be paying some attention to it.)

tera

Atom
Nebulae
Just watched it today, was kinda disappointed. Really hated how the plot went that way, it seem half assed really as there were too many bs scenes and sudden random character inclusions
There were a few good ones in there but not enough to pull the tide for me.
Force Awaken was heaps better.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

Kylo, were you shirtless in that one scene on purpose? Like were you just standing around waiting for Rey to skype you?

Bloo

Neutrino
Nebulae
I thought the Leia thing was dumb until you realized that Anakin, or Vader, had basically got all of his limbs chopped off, caught on fire, and sat there for HOURS for the Emperor to arrive from Coruscant to go "He's still alive." I do think it was a little nuts, but it's not necessarily over the top after you look at the series as a whole. What pissed me off the most was almost certainly the way Ackbar just died or how they never even explained Snoke. Everyone went "Who is Snoke??" in the last movie but they never even told us! Also, show us the First Order! It doesn't feel remotely as big and powerful as the Empire.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
nah man, just didn't feel right with the way he looked, it kinda threw me off to be honest
the lighting looked off but otherwise it looked just like it was supposed to

just a special fx fuck up but it is literally inexcusable in a movie which hasn't had any redeeming qualities up to that point

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the lighting looked off but otherwise it looked just like it was supposed to

just a special fx fuck up but it is literally inexcusable in a movie which hasn't had any redeeming qualities up to that point

don't get me wrong I liked that today was included,

I think the one scene for me that stood out is when the admiral threw the flagship through the First Order fleet, I was in awe at that

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
don't get me wrong I liked that today was included,

I think the one scene for me that stood out is when the admiral threw the flagship through the First Order fleet, I was in awe at that
The only visual thing that actually impressed me was when they were on whatever name the salt planet had

the colours were great in that sequence

ironically the salt planet is also the place where we saw kylo be the most mad

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The only visual thing that actually impressed me was when they were on whatever name the salt planet had

i like how they paralleled hoth, but gave reason to why the ground was actually white

Zomba

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae

I also liked the lightspeed thing where everything went quiet

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i like how they paralleled hoth, but gave reason to why the ground was actually white
I just feel like the introduction of rose was really fucking shoehorned in and that hers and Finns survival after she literally kamikazi'd him was really fucking weird considering they were literally over 1 kilometer away with at least 10 AT-ATs

So many things were left unexplained or were just not working out

you could really tell what was supposed to be a "le funny joke", yet it failed to make me laugh at any point

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I just feel like the introduction of rose was really fucking shoehorned in and that hers and Finns survival after she literally kamikazi'd him was really fucking weird considering they were literally over 1 kilometer away with at least 10 AT-ATs

So many things were left unexplained or were just not working out

you could really tell what was supposed to be a "le funny joke", yet it failed to make me laugh at any point

the blue milk explanation made me feel nearly as uneasy as the shirtless force call