Serious The Epic Games Store is good for gaming, change my mind

Lykaia

this- is my curse
Nebulae
Where's the outrage at it not coming to epic, it's an exclusive to microsoft store and steam :x
845211e5e1d71c899e231312e7fe8306469d8df94710785d0f5773faa23ab125.jpg

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
honestly i dont even get where everybody suddenly pulls out the "steam is shit" card

90% of people here are literally doing the same thing to steam that other people are doing to epic games store, complaining about issues you could really give less of a fuck about and probably dont even experience the issues because you got an IQ higher than that of a monkey.

its a goddamn store where you buy games why the hell are all of you pulling these "competition" and "monopoly" cards, even better question is why do you care.
hell half of you here probably buy games through another medium to get cheaper deals than outright buying from steam
nobody here even cared about 30% revenue until this entire epic games store shit happened, its not like lower revenue cut will suddenly make developers make better games if you havent learned anything from the recent years. more money =/= better games

the main issue everybody has surrounding epic is that its buying exclusives and making you install yet another launcher when its largely unnecessary although im merely speaking from my own personal experience

personally i feel like this entire "storefront war" is ridiculous and all of you are pulling straws to win over the other side

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
hell half of you here probably buy games through another medium to get cheaper deals than outright buying from steam
nobody here even cared about 30% revenue until this entire epic games store shit happened, its not like lower revenue cut will suddenly make developers make better games if you havent learned anything from the recent years. more money =/= better games
The fact people want to buy at a cheaper store goes more in favour of what Epic are doing than against since it's causing game prices to be driven down.
I care about the revenue share because it's an industry I want to be in so it's important but you're right that a majority didn't and won't care (unless their favourite studio can't make games because of less earnings) but more money means more budget to employ developers/designers which should result in better games.

steambored

Nebulae
but more money means more budget to employ developers/designers which should result in better games.
except nowadays it doesnt, most studios are plagued with management or publisher issues with most games implementing microtransactions to generate money from people with shit for brains. in the end most publishers care about one thing and thats how much money they can milk out of the game with lackluster content, bugs, microtransactions and a development time lower than the minimum wage you can get by working at mcdonalds

sure there are some golden games and golden studios that can make great games but the number of those studios has lowered so drastically that i developed a very heavy doubt that feeding more money into the system will do any good.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
except nowadays it doesnt, most studios are plagued with management or publisher issues with most games implementing microtransactions to generate money from people with shit for brains. in the end most publishers care about one thing and thats how much money they can milk out of the game with lackluster content, bugs, microtransactions and a development time lower than the minimum wage you can get by working at mcdonalds

sure there are some golden games and golden studios that can make great games but the number of those studios has lowered so drastically that i developed a very heavy doubt that feeding more money into the system will do any good.
It most definitely can. The notion that it isn't the case for all games doesn't mean that for some reason a platform should get to freely overcharge for the services they provide.

steambored

Nebulae
It most definitely can. The notion that it isn't the case for all games doesn't mean that for some reason a platform should get to freely overcharge for the services they provide.
i have no clue in economics so i have no idea what counts as overcharging and what doesnt when it comes to online stores but steam like any other company in the world has their right to set their prices how they see fit, if the people dont like it they'll move on to somewhere cheaper and thats fine because thats their decision.

in the end both companies are alike, they're both there to seek profit, if you feel like one is unfair in its price move on to the other but for god sakes please dont turn this entire shitstorm into a "storefront war" like the majority is doing and dont crucify other people for their opinions.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i have no clue in economics so i have no idea what counts as overcharging and what doesnt when it comes to online stores but steam like any other company in the world has their right to set their prices how they see fit, if the people dont like it they'll move on to somewhere cheaper and thats fine because thats their decision.

in the end both companies are alike, they're both there to seek profit, if you feel like one is unfair in its price move on to the other but for god sakes please dont turn this entire shitstorm into a "storefront war" like the majority is doing and dont crucify other people for their opinions.
Yeah they most definitely can set their prices as they see fit but the cost of that in the long run has been every company making their own launcher because they dislike the high fees. You can open a physical store and sell products 3x the price of everyone else and that's fine but don't be surprised when customers go elsewhere.

It's really not even a storefront war, that's just conjured up by some groups of gamers.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Now it's "Please insert 6 Dollars to buy a lootbox"
Still waiting on the contactless card readers to be installed into my controller, so every time I rage slap the controller against my leg, it touches my wallet and charges my card
[doublepost=1554931524][/doublepost]

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
steam like any other company in the world has their right to set their prices how they see fit, if the people dont like it they'll move on to somewhere cheaper and thats fine because thats their decision.

Yeah of course but steam pretty much holds a monopoly in the digital game copy market, meaning there isn't really anywhere else to go to when they decide to jack up their prices.

Whether or not you like/use the EGS, you may see that its growth as a competitor to Steam will cause game prices to be cheaper since consumers will leave for cheaper alternatives now that those alternatives exist sustainably

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
AAA games would require 2 blu-ray's at this point.
BDXL could work well, exceeds 100 gb iirc
but licensing always holds back blu ray becoming a reliable standard for pc installs thou, plus the whole issue of people abandoning optical bays in recent years

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

Idk who these guys are but for a video made 6 days ago they can’t even get the fact right that the Epic Launcher does have offline mode so I’m not sure they even bothered using google.