HL2RP 'The new metro map is terrible' Thread| Agree/Disagree , and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrdraca

Neutrino
Nebulae
it's just a map

one of many which we pass thru

but
remember, that a plain map no matter how good it may be
if there's no incentive for rp, (for when other ppl cant do events for u, u cant live on external made events only, staff aint there forever)

you'll get bored, no matter on what map.

u log out, till next event :)

I don't know what my opinion on fleshing out a needs system is exactly, but it would require a lot of moving parts to give large amounts of players IC access to amounts of food and water OOCly, possibly. Sounds like a lot of administrative work. That's a big implement and I think it's possible it would not incentivize RP but in fact distance people from it.

By fermenting the item-chasing mentality, people may just become more focused on ticking boxes as opposed to fleshing out their characters, which I think is already a issue somewhat. This 'fulfilling my needs' box ticking may just become tedious, I don't know. But your right in saying it'd add another dynamic for IC events - especially in maps like this where food and water would be scarce in comparison to others - though we might just find a lot of characters starving frequently, dying or incurring whatever debuff frustratingly, from not being able to acquire such items when others may be able to.

Fyrdraca

Neutrino
Nebulae
i'd like to know who the 'more than a few' are

I spoke to several people I don't know OOCly in game , atleast four or five others who shared the same sentiment. This allowed me to estimate that when talking about the nebulous population, there's likely quite a few more regardless if they input in this thread or not.

Nebulae
I don't know what my opinion on fleshing out a needs system is exactly, but it would require a lot of moving parts to give large amounts of players IC access to amounts of food and water OOCly, possibly. Sounds like a lot of administrative work. That's a big implement and I think it's possible it would not incentivize RP but in fact distance people from it.

By fermenting the item-chasing mentality, people may just become more focused on ticking boxes as opposed to fleshing out their characters, which I think is already a issue somewhat. This 'fulfilling my needs' box ticking may just become tedious, I don't know. But your right in saying it'd add another dynamic for IC events - especially in maps like this where food and water would be scarce in comparison to others - though we might just find a lot of characters starving frequently, dying or incurring whatever debuff frustratingly, from not being able to acquire such items when others may be able to.
its not item chasing

when ur character doesnt hunger,
has no physical needs

you have no natural springing ideas, other than go conquer ur enemy, or murder dis or that

you play nebulous.cloud hl2rp, because of your natural need for recreation
and cuz u like the hl2 theater gameplay, cuz rp is theatrical play.
but u cant have theater if you dont have gameplay, which leads to theatrical incentive. (cant rp as a hungry man, if hunger isnt a common thing)
then u go to do something else irl, because of a natural need of hunger, restaurant, pair it with a hangout or whatever

currently,
our characters have ZERO physical needs

You have NO INCENTIVE to seek food, nor shelter,
other than ''rarely'' imagine it
rarely go and seek food rp, but you rarely do that, because ur food meter pops up to 50% once in 4 days of 6 HOUR SESSION A DAY.
then u eat an apple to kill ur thirst meter, and from 5% hunger it goes to 0%
turns out, u never hungry.

if you want free rp,
like you live life irl, u need to have physical needs that matter, u need to have HUMAN NEEDS
else,
it becomes a dollhouse, where ur only thing that gives u entertainment as a character
is to talk to others
but how long can you chat to someone, if nothing happens?
if ur only entertainment is external source of events, and since staff aren't eternal, and too want to rp
events are not too common, and often seen as something complicated, rather than something normal.

madafaka
i opened a freestaurant place
no one ever sought food
it was literally the most garbage need for any character
CAN YOU IMAGINE?
Human, that is being roleplayed as human, has no natural need for food, guns matter more, and some war
than eat.

put yourself irl in this place, i'm sure you'd behave differently
cuz man walks on his belly irl
and since we ROLEPLAY A HUMAN
without human needs
it becomes a goof (eventually)

roleplay = human being human, and having human interaction with others
when human needs dont exist, u cant have proper passive rp.
then, springs all this goofy rp, that promotes murder, conquests and goofy shit like that
because man has no man needs HE IS BORED
so he becomes full of weird aims because of his boredom
then we ask

why no one passive rps? why all pvp or go edge goofy mode
no one does really, thats a bad question.
because it's just boredom. and u cant judge boredom

some go over the edge when bored, some disconnect
i disconnect

the point is
there is no gameplay to incentivize rp at the moment
the hunger meters, have no purpose they dont move at all
so if your free rp, looping human basic needs, that never come to an end, and you must constantly fulfill, giving u an endless purpose in life, as u have irl
don't exist...
are we surprised so many just spam me on steam IM BOREDDDDD?

it's this whole scheme, of ''Honeymoon phase'' and hype period of new map on hl2rp
it DOES NOT EXIST

it just that man comes (every one of us, that logs in when big event happens), expecting a new gmod map to provide just what we lack,
and he naturally comes to the same boredom he had in the same previous map.

u cant have rp, without something to rp about
you cant talk, without having something to talk about

what do humans do IRL? fulfill their needs, THEN they talk about it, THEN they rp about it
read all of our forums outside of hl2rp

it's all about people and their personal life, and their needs, hungers, and stuff.
but it begins from the BASIC NEEDS

Last edited:

Fyrdraca

Neutrino
Nebulae
"it‘s too confusing and convoluted" mfs when they find out about a pen and a piece of paper
IMG_7577.jpg

I tried

I've explored every underground section available to non-Combine players, this is not even the entire map of it.

Nice try though, definitely a convoluted map.

Atleast every character has the chance to become a post-apocalyptic Mo-Farah from all the track running.

Fyrdraca

Neutrino
Nebulae
its not item chasing

has no physical needs

you have no natural springing ideas, other than go conquer ur enemy, or murder dis or that

currently,

rarely go and seek food rp, but you rarely do that, because ur food meter pops up to 50% once in 4 days of 6 HOUR SESSION A DAY.

Mmm , you make good points. Seek actual items for survival as opposed to guns, ammo, first aid kits and armour scraps to become the ultimate rebel Rambo. I like it.

Nebulae
its not item chasing

has no physical needs

you play nebulous.cloud hl2rp, because of your natural need for recreation
and cuz u like the hl2 theater gameplay, cuz rp is theatrical play.
but u cant have theater if you dont have gameplay, which leads to theatrical incentive. (cant rp as a hungry man, if hunger isnt a common thing)

then u go to do something else irl, because of a natural need of hunger, restaurant, pair it with a hangout or whatever

currently,

if you want free rp,
like you live life irl, u need to have physical needs that matter, u need to have HUMAN NEEDS
else,
it becomes a dollhouse, where ur only thing that gives u entertainment as a character
is to talk to others

but how long can you chat to someone, if nothing happens?
if ur only entertainment is external source of events, and since staff aren't eternal, and too want to rp
events are not too common, and often seen as something complicated, rather than something normal.

madafaka
i opened a freestaurant place
no one ever sought food
it was literally the most garbage need for any character

CAN YOU IMAGINE?
Human, that is being roleplayed as human, has no natural need for food, guns matter more, and some war
than eat.

put yourself irl in this place, i'm sure you'd behave differently
cuz man walks on his belly irl

and since we ROLEPLAY A HUMAN
without human needs
it becomes a goof (eventually)

roleplay = human being human, and having human interaction with others
when human needs dont exist, u cant have proper passive rp.

then, springs all this goofy rp, that promotes murder, conquests and goofy shit like that
because man has no man needs HE IS BORED
so he becomes full of weird aims because of his boredom
then we ask

why no one passive rps? why all pvp or go edge goofy mode
no one does really, thats a bad question.

because it's just boredom. and u cant judge boredom

some go over the edge when bored, some disconnect
i disconnect

the point is
there is no gameplay to incentivize rp at the moment
the hunger meters, have no purpose they dont move at all

so if your free rp, looping human basic needs, that never come to an end, and you must constantly fulfill, giving u an endless purpose in life, as u have irl
don't exist...

are we surprised so many just spam me on steam IM BOREDDDDD?

it's this whole scheme, of ''Honeymoon phase'' and hype period of new map on hl2rp
it DOES NOT EXIST

it just that man comes, expecting a new gmod map to provide just what we lack,
and he naturally comes to the same boredom he had in the same previous map.

u cant have rp, without something to rp about
you cant talk, without having something to talk about

what do humans do IRL? fulfill their needs, THEN they talk about it, THEN they rp about it
read all of our forums outside of hl2rp

it's all about people and their personal life, and their needs, hungers, and stuff.
but it begins from the BASIC NEEDS

u gotta stop formatting ur posts like this bro

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
aight
ill type type 1 or 2 lines without any meat to the context
and leave everything to be just as it is, so we'll have another post in the future

why is everything the way it is
you're like making a letter for every post, you need to work at gamedevs and write stories

Nebulae
aight
ill type type 1 or 2 lines without any meat to the context
and leave everything to be just as it is, so we'll have another post in the future

why is everything the way it is

no the length is fine

but when it

looks like

a disjointed poem

like this

its sometimes really hard to read through

and i think your posts would be taken a lot more seriously if you didnt press the enter key so often. just some friendly advice about writing for a forum audience

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Physical needs have always been a divisive as fuck topic tbh.

As I've said before; in the city they made for a neccesary part of the gameplay loop - it keeps people coming for rations and using stores, it gave rebels an incentive to grow food, etc. But we've also seen what happens when it goes wrong and gets overbearing which is people simply stop playing (as happened in i17).

In a setting like this people are more interested in the general goings on. Nobody wants to care about extreme hunger/thirst bars; they're there to keep the bare minimum interest in people setting things up and needing to consider food. But otherwise the simple fact is, people don't really join a server to RP the super minute detail en-masse.

Likewise with the temperature system! It works, sure, but we only really used it during Heavy Snow at the start of 2019 and people really didn't end up liking it as it forced them sit inside all day.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
they made for a neccesary part of the gameplay loop
the problem was when people wanted to expand it at the cost of literally everything else

last iteration died because people wanted to push food recipe overhauls instead of desperately needed quality of life changes & other things to distinguish it from the simple, frequently repeated and stale cityrp setting

Reactions: List

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
the problem was when people wanted to expand it at the cost of literally everything else

last iteration died because people wanted to push food recipe overhauls instead of desperately needed quality of life changes & other things to distinguish it from the simple, frequently repeated and stale cityrp setting
im sick of people going "Just make people suffer with food/hunger system!!!!"

it's extremely annoying - Should there be an INCENTIVE to get hunger/food? Yes.

Should it make your gameplay boring, annoying, etc, if you try to do literally anything else at all - No.

Like, water runs / food runs - Interesting as an idea.

perhaps try make it give buffs or something, maaaaybe some food gives better buffs then others?

Status
Not open for further replies.