The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Cop will literally skyline themselves and get shot for doing it. But it's no error of their own.
so its perfectly okay that vortigaunts can sit on the literal other side of the map and snipe cops who have no weapons that can range that far

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
iirc the beam does have a cap, its just stupidly long (unless my memory is faulty) because it wasn't coded with maps like this in mind. In the city it literally didn't matter.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
iirc the beam does have a cap, its just stupidly long (unless my memory is faulty) because it wasn't coded with maps like this in mind. In the city it literally didn't matter.
if you can stand on one end of this map and hit the other with 100% accuracy it doesn't have a cap thats relevant

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
if you can stand on one end of this map and hit the other with 100% accuracy it doesn't have a cap thats relevant

No I know, what I'm saying is it may as well not have a cap because Zombine didn't really code it with stuff like this in mind when he made it. It could do with a tweak so its still long range and lethal but not a literal cross-map sniper.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
No I know, what I'm saying is it may as well not have a cap because Zombine didn't really code it with stuff like this in mind when he made it. It could do with a tweak so its still long range and lethal but not a literal cross-map sniper.
let me put it this way

the vort beam outranges the combine sniper rifle

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
You over-estimate how easy it is to actually aim with it.

Yes it can hit at long range, but good luck

Also I barely fired from the 'cave' that people point out. I was just sitting in it reporting positions for the riflemen who climbed up the hill

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
can we get rid of fog rebels do be abusing it
watchtower
people sit in it to cut through the fog since props above ur head remove the fog
they then report on the radio what they see
its the only thing they can do when they get beamed across the map by infinite range vortigaunts
is why i'm explicitly not fighting at range on mine, can't just wave your arms and make shots for anything but causing fear via volley fire

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You over-estimate how easy it is to actually aim with it.

Yes it can hit at long range, but good luck

Also I barely fired from the 'cave' that people point out. I was just sitting in it reporting positions for the riflemen who climbed up the hill
dont really care where you fired from, never claimed you shot from the cave

i'm stating that its entirely unfair when the union side literally has no weapon besides striders, hunters and gunships that can deal with vorts without getting slaughtered before their guns are within range to deal any kind of damage

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Even the stamina use doesn't really matter when you're a static sniper rifle far out of range tbh. A lot of the balances Vorts had were made with them being in the confined city maps rather than being able to fight entirely as they wanted (ie; as they can atm).

I think making the range on par with the Combine sniper would make it a lot more even.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Even the stamina use doesn't really matter when you're a static sniper rifle far out of range tbh. A lot of the balances Vorts had were made with them being in the confined city maps rather than being able to fight entirely as they wanted (ie; as they can atm).

I think making the range on par with the Combine sniper would make it a lot more even.
I have no objection to a 'damage falloff' at range. If it will balance the Vorts power.

But make sure it's not so much that they become ineffective at that Mid Range.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I do not mind a 'damage falloff' at range. If it will balance the Vorts power.

But make sure it's not so much that they become ineffective at that Mid Range.

I think Vorts are already sort of useless at anything other than long range unless you're holding a funnel tbh. By the time you've manage to hit someone they've probably magdumped you in the dick and dropped you, and even if you do good luck running away with 0 stamina.

They don't need a damage drop off imo, just a cap on how far their beam can go. Vorts may be powerful but they have a load of weaknesses outside of anything but ideal circumstances.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I think Vorts are already sort of useless at anything other than long range unless you're holding a funnel tbh. By the time you've manage to hit someone they've probably magdumped you in the dick and dropped you, and even if you do good luck running away with 0 stamina.

They don't need a damage drop off imo, just a cap on how far their beam can go. Vorts may be powerful but they have a load of weaknesses outside of anything but ideal circumstances.
Just a flat "Beam stop" after so long. Energy dissipates shit

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
yes.png

or start telling people they're gonna get the big sleep if they keep zapping at range, always an option
confront the issue by confronting the players

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
This whole argument can be simply solved with adding damage dropoff at range - That way the beam shows but it may do 0 damage when distance is extreme

That and having people understand that if the fog suddenly dissipates when they get under a prop it's not supposed to be like that and abusing it is an exploit (we already told OTA/CPs not to do it from day 1).

I only shoot at cops that leave the base. It's cheap to shoot those on the walls. (I may shoot to miss to spook them)

This is something we're not applying at the moment because the map really doesn't offer much more, but shooting at the enemy's base and dying may end up in PK much like it did in WW3RP.

Though I'd reckon shooting those on the wall doesn't need to be reckless or anything, so I'd say the rule would go for the people who're chilling inside the base.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
confront the issue by confronting the players, don't ever take roundabout solutions to something when you can solve it personally

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
confront the issue by confronting the players, don't ever take roundabout solutions to something when you can solve it personally

a short term solution for a long term problem is no solution at all

when they see their beams do jackshit damage at 2km after changing two values, they'll stop

or maybe not and they'll be silly enough to give away their position to snipers, don't care, it's on them

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
so its perfectly okay that vortigaunts can sit on the literal other side of the map and snipe cops who have no weapons that can range that far

i think this is fine cause you shouldn't stick your head out

the amount of times i get beamed from the wall when im all the way down at the pipes by cops is irking but its fitting, im sticking my head out and getting shot for it

its sort of meant to be a silly warzone i'd be afraid of snipers if i see a blue laser i hide if i see a vort beam i hide

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
i think this is fine cause you shouldn't stick your head out

the amount of times i get beamed from the wall when im all the way down at the pipes by cops is irking but its fitting, im sticking my head out and getting shot for it

its sort of meant to be a silly warzone i'd be afraid of snipers if i see a blue laser i hide if i see a vort beam i hide
Vort beam but while 'charging' a green laser forms to show where it's being shot