The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
it's ok, if vortigaunts were doing it en masse we have other measures to deploy to mitigate it

we just trialed one of those measures in game . .. .

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ancient classic, vortigaunts do one (1) thing well, literally ever, and immediately demanded to be nerfed, sweet sweet memories of a bunch of idiots conga lining their dumb asses to the i17 boat come flooding back.

my brother in christ, all they have is range, close range we are absolute dogshit since the "you MUST stand still" change, and given the windup for anything, I literally died to a guy with a pistol yesterday cause he could spam left click quick enough to kill me before the 1.25 seconds passed for my beam to fire.

additionally, It's absurdly difficult to aim at a distance, we have a circle for a crosshair, so at super far distances it's mostly potshots unless people out here using the magnifier tool at 400%

closing notes: consider 90% of maps are close quarters and that this is an extremely rare instance where there's open air. Also, if people are abusing the fact the fog fucking disappears when standing under something, for the love of all that is my frame rate, please remove the fog fullstop, no more fog, no more sandstorm, yes we're in a desert, we get it, please no more.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think the cops shouldve coped with the aliens from another dimension being powerful

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
ancient classic, vortigaunts do one (1) thing well, literally ever, and immediately demanded to be nerfed
nebulous has this weird crab bucket mentality where if something bad happens it's "nerf the other side!!!" instead of "buff us" for some reason

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
nebulous has this weird crab bucket mentality where if something bad happens it's "nerf the other side!!!" instead of "buff us" for some reason

imo vorts being oppressive long range snipers was based

should've just given the combine equally powerful snipers

sniper wars

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly unironically yes

rather than "nerf vort range" why not say "why tf combine sniper rifle less? make it longer" imagine how many more scenarios you could do where a blue laser inspires fear from literally every range

imo vorts being oppressive long range snipers was based

should've just given the combine equally powerful snipers

sniper wars
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
ancient classic, vortigaunts do one (1) thing well, literally ever, and immediately demanded to be nerfed, sweet sweet memories of a bunch of idiots conga lining their dumb asses to the i17 boat come flooding back.

my brother in christ, all they have is range, close range we are absolute dogshit since the "you MUST stand still" change, and given the windup for anything, I literally died to a guy with a pistol yesterday cause he could spam left click quick enough to kill me before the 1.25 seconds passed for my beam to fire.

additionally, It's absurdly difficult to aim at a distance, we have a circle for a crosshair, so at super far distances it's mostly potshots unless people out here using the magnifier tool at 400%

closing notes: consider 90% of maps are close quarters and that this is an extremely rare instance where there's open air. Also, if people are abusing the fact the fog fucking disappears when standing under something, for the love of all that is my frame rate, please remove the fog fullstop, no more fog, no more sandstorm, yes we're in a desert, we get it, please no more.
I don't plan on nerfing vortigaunt range

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
im rlly rlly enjoying this

4th day and we're still hitting over 60, thats good

bit of good rebel conflict going on, lots of massive battles between rebels and combine (which has satisfied a LOT of complaints i assure you) and things are generally keeping a good pace.

the only thing i'd say is that we absolutely absolutely absolutely need to get off this map sooner rather than later because the only complaint i still hear enmasse is the map itself, which is understandable i think it's kinda outlived itself already

prime time to jumpstart our new map mentality if u ask me

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I've not been playing much because day 1 triggered a map-making binge for me that I've not had in a while.