News THERMOGENESIS

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
event has run its course and got boring in my eyes, didn't feel like there was much story to it all. heavy snow was a better event imo

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
heavy snow was a better event imo

i wouldn't go that far.

it's just that every avenue of roleplay has been shut down, the depot has degraded way too fast instead of it being gradual you just disable parts of the map with radiation, 'BLOWN UP THUMPERS' or other dumb random shit.

the lack of ammo is fucking annoying and the head staff insistence on not giving ammo cause a bunch of ELA got it makes you feel like if you're not with the in crowd, you're left out of the fun and fucked on ever getting a decent experience

no focus on passive, rebel side is going fetch quests and getting fucked up for a tub of sulfur, which nowadays might as well spawn me a 5kg piece of granite in exchange for my guns. cops are doing this weird borderline 'im corrupt but if i see you with contra im gonna pk your char cause the rules say i can' so you can't do cool corrupt shit on the off-chance an 'abiding' cop sees you and swears off any sort of development with a pk or a BOL and kicks you off the cliff

civis? fuck civis. here's your passive and roleplay for this event, you stand by a pipe and whack it with wrench scripts whilst everyone shoots around you.

pks are blatantly rampant on the purpose of 'GRITTINESS', the current event overseers see death as an alternative to development and story.

it's not, by the way.

this event has several issues, any criticism is given the typical response of 'well i've been very busy'

so this event, as good as a start it had - dropped off a cliff in terms of quality and enjoyment. there is no line for criticism to be directed at, except here, and it gets ignored as 'you're just hating the server lol' instead of actually, taking, the fucking criticism.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
no focus on passive, rebel side is going fetch quests and getting fucked up for a tub of sulfur, which nowadays might as well spawn me a 5kg piece of granite in exchange for my guns. cops are doing this weird borderline 'im corrupt but if i see you with contra im gonna pk your char cause the rules say i can' so you can't do cool corrupt shit on the off-chance an 'abiding' cop sees you and swears off any sort of development with a pk or a BOL and kicks you off the cliff
Pilot like literally a day or so ago you posted somewhere complaining that there was nothing to do and "all rebels were sitting in the cave doing passive which is cool I guess" and stuff? Like is it any wonder your criticism gets brushed off when you flip-flop so much from post to post? If there's more of a focus on passive people fucking complain there's nothing to do lmao

PK's are rampant because nobody wants to throw NLR's out for people who keep trying to bumrush the exits and escape and, more to the point, not every cop is gonna play the exact same way. I've seen a fuckload of corrupt cops and I've seen loads of stuff happening.

There's literally no pleasing people like you given you said the exact same thing during the likes of Toride when you argued there was "no point in doing anything" despite there being avenues open for you.

Reactions: List

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
PK's are rampant because nobody wants to throw NLR's out for people who keep trying to bumrush the exits and escape and, more to the point, not every cop is gonna play the exact same way. I've seen a fuckload of corrupt cops and I've seen loads of stuff happening.
Not going to lie.
From an ic standpoint, my cop and other cops have had fun getting angry at the non cohesive cops and taking it out on civvies.
Goes full circle when that civie becomes a rebel.
Heh.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
civis? fuck civis. here's your passive and roleplay for this event, you stand by a pipe and whack it with wrench scripts whilst everyone shoots around you.
You mean besides all the people doing great passive in the prison and making gangs and having fun because they, unlike some people, don't need guiding 24/7 to make RP or sit and develop?

I thought you wanted passive? I thought people have been giving citizens stuff to do throughout the day as much as feasible without repeating things? I thought this was a community capable of self-development? So which is it - there's nothing to do because you aren't having your hand held or you don't actually want passive as much as you claim or you do but just haven't been doing it?

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Pilot like literally a day or so ago you posted somewhere complaining that there was nothing to do and "all rebels were sitting in the cave doing passive which is cool I guess" and stuff? Like is it any wonder your criticism gets brushed off when you flip-flop so much from post to post?

my passive complaint is to civis. who don't do anything but go outside and do /me's at a pipeline to fix it instead of the actual passive incentive in the prison.

but i guess you can brush that off. like how everyone brushes off criticism.

and idm rebels passiving, that's fine. i prefer that, you're very fucking well aware of that so don't try to pull that shit you gangrene brain moron. it's just for rebels who do seek anything, they're w/o ammo and shit. they don't and can't do shit. there's no fun events for them except go to this and get garbage items cause blackquill blanket banned ammo for people and actual supplies for people to survive.

and yes, but there's no point of doing that risky shit on old chars if your char can be a dice roll if a cop is an asshole or not and pk you when it's an event w/o dispatch.

if i had a cop, i could theoretically come on, see drugs and pk you. mention drugs? ill hardass RP and shoot you, for no reason. even though no obligation cause i 'can'. cause the rules let me pk you for that reason, and it's 'allowed'.
[doublepost=1558029542][/doublepost]
You mean besides all the people doing great passive in the prison and making gangs and having fun because they, unlike some people, don't need guiding 24/7 to make RP or sit and develop?

I thought you wanted passive? I thought people have been giving citizens stuff to do throughout the day as much as feasible without repeating things? I thought this was a community capable of self-development? So which is it - there's nothing to do because you aren't having your hand held or you don't actually want passive as much as you claim or you do but just haven't been doing it?

i'm gonna italics everything i write like im making a point when you're just behaving like a sped

do you think passive is making a throwaway to gang rp and not caring about the consequences cause it's a new character

that isn't passive. this, me not using actual main characters in depot isn't passive from how finicky pks are. one cop can sell me coke, the guy next can shoot me for it.

one cop will order me to break the rule, the other can dice me for it

the prison gets swarmed by antlions 24/7 and you force people to perma rp in the cell blocks cause 'RIOTS', i get shot for it.

it's a dice roll. im not gonna dice roll if you kill my char with cops, cause cops don't have obligations to not have to pk, they decide. you can just have an ooc bias and go 'im gonna pk people for enjoying the server and getting these scripts they never see on the server'

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
my passive complaint is to civis. who don't do anything but go outside and do /me's at a pipeline to fix it instead of the actual passive incentive in the prison.

but i guess you can brush that off. like how everyone brushes off criticism.
You mean besides the prison gangs, the drug deals, the passive, the portal events and other things that get sprinkled throughout the day? Literally the numerous things happening all over the prison?

I guess all of those people enjoying it don't fit your narrative so they must be the exception rather than you.

if i had a cop, i could theoretically come on, see drugs and pk you. mention drugs? ill hardass RP and shoot you, for no reason. even though no obligation cause i 'can'. cause the rules let me pk you for that reason, and it's 'allowed'.
Not all rebels are the same but all cops are supposed to be? They're all meant to instantly change their characters regardless of motive to be as corrupt as possible?

We had rebels assassinate someone Day 1 of the event. We've had people offing CAB characters despite having "no obligation to" because the rules let them do it. Same principle, but nobody complains then.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
You mean besides the prison gangs, the drug deals, the passive, the portal events and other things that get sprinkled throughout the day? Literally the numerous things happening all over the prison?

prison gangs throwaways that die and get remade

drug deals, that get you shot for some reason that cops care for

what passive

portal events where an alien grunt tps into medbay and slaughter everyone

no. workshifts to stand next to a pipeline and get killed by antlions isn't fun

npcs aren't fun

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
tfw you got a bunch of ammo and you don't even use it up

muscle dance next
[doublepost=1558029823][/doublepost]
why cant you just stop complaining pilot

don't give criticism pilot fuck you pilot

shut the fuck up dallahan, every time people reply with this show stopper of a post i send radiation beams to your fucking forehead that half your lifespan

go on, keep doing the unfunny 'shut up pilot' and high fiving yourself for such a witty comment when i dislike your event.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
don't give criticism pilot fuck you pilot

shut the fuck up dallahan, every time people reply with this show stopper of a post i send radiation beams to your fucking forehead that half your lifespan

go on, keep doing the unfunny 'shut up pilot' and high fiving yourself for such a witty comment when i dislike your event.
shut up pilot

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
prison gangs throwaways that die and get remade
So? People are having fun and I thought that was the point of events?

drug deals, that get you shot for some reason that cops care for
Because not all cops are obligated to let the place turn into a lawless shithole. Some will. Its IC, rebels don't have to change their motivations on a dime (in your own words; "my character has no reason to do it") so cops shouldn't either.

what passive
I guess all the people sitting around or chatting or talking in groups don't count as passive because... reasons? Or is it a case of ignoring them all again? Or is there some passive metric you follow?

portal events where an alien grunt tps into medbay and slaughter everyone
Oh no, a one-off compared to the others.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Oh no, a one-off compared to the others.

minimum of 3 alien grunt events in this event alone

I guess all the people sitting around or chatting or talking in groups don't count as passive because... reasons? Or is it a case of ignoring them all again? Or is there some passive metric you follow?

and then some guy starts beating the fuck out of them with a throwaway or a cop gets mugged and you tear gas in, or an antlion swarm goes off cause <:: restrictors offline ::>

Because not all cops are obligated to let the place turn into a lawless shithole. Some will. Its IC, rebels don't have to change their motivations on a dime (in your own words; "my character has no reason to do it") so cops shouldn't either.

their only motivation is dispatch, necessarily that's been instilled

you don't have to. proselytes are way less obligated and let way more shit go then a cop at this point which is frankly fucking stupid that cops can just use that excuse as an ooc loophole to pk people

So? People are having fun and I thought that was the point of events?

events aren't meant for captain wokumbo tier throwaways to fuck around.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Idk event lacks story and the goal isn’t clear but I’ve been content with it so far

Doesn’t help the event was done during exam time but I’m surprised we got along well despite that. Had it been done during a different time, there’d be more potential for a better event

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
whats even the event story, why are rebels here?

why do we have such a strong rebel presence, god heavy snow even felt more competent in that regard even with incompetent leaders and shit. there was logistics, supply lines that were moderated and gear pushed up, it felt like an actual effort was done

now? naw

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

why do we have such a strong rebel presence, god heavy snow even felt more competent in that regard even with incompetent leaders and shit. there was logistics, supply lines that were moderated and gear pushed up, it felt like an actual effort was done

now? naw
be glad youre getting something rather than having c08 /meRP the whole time

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
be glad youre getting something rather than having c08 /meRP the whole time
the argument of "something is better then nothing" is redundant when "something" could be better

but i like the event so

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
minimum of 3 alien grunt events in this event alone
And the last two didn't end as badly as the "three medbay PK's."

People gave a hell of a lot of praise.

and then some guy starts beating the fuck out of them with a throwaway or a cop gets mugged and you tear gas in, or an antlion swarm goes off cause <:: restrictors offline ::>
Its a prison, if people wanna do that shit then its on them I dunno how you expect us to go "Okay no you can't make gangs or do bad things in a prison because its not acceptable RP" unless you want to cripple options.

And if the restrictors go offline then blame the folks doing it.

their only motivation is dispatch, necessarily that's been instilled

you don't have to. proselytes are way less obligated and let way more shit go then a cop at this point which is frankly fucking stupid that cops can just use that excuse as an ooc loophole to pk people
I've seen just as many Proselytes killing people for the crimes cops do, if not more. People just don't usually rag on them for it.

There's a vested interest in keeping the prison functioning. Corruption doesn't mean "do whatever lads" across the entire force, and not every cop is gonna wanna follow that line of logic.

events aren't meant for captain wokumbo tier throwaways to fuck around.
Calling them throwaways because they're choosing to do rebel stuff or form a gang and make the prison a bit more spicy is hardly ideal lmao.

If they weren't doing shit you'd be complaining the event guys aren't stuffing things into your mouth every hour to keep you entertained.

First no passive happens, then you admit passive happens but it gets ruined yet also say there's nothing for citizens to do... hm.

Literally multiple people including @'77 East have stressed IC since day one that the point is to eventually hit the prison and destroy their capacity to run fuel and logistics through this region of the Wastes.

But again I figure people just ignore that.