News THERMOGENESIS

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
yes entire riot nlr sounds great but it's just silly and doesn't do much for the story.
Now here I gotta disagree
It definetly had repercussions, be it the conflict between CPs and Foremen

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
no no one purposely smashed a thumper that was player driven, zany portal storms, weird antlion/guard mixes destroy thumpers, and yes entire riot nlr sounds great but it's just silly and doesn't do much for the story. you don't get out of nlr and have this riot story to tell it's just, ah my throwaway minge char died anyhow.
But the other side of that is if everything was a PK I'm sure the argument would be "well you can't do anything without dying and ending your character".

Sometimes you need to cut a little lose and embrace the fact that sometimes fun can break up the grimdark. The Bullsquid attack during the first portal storm event was a blast because some prisoners ran for it, some tried to murder us, they had a blast doing it too.

Its difficult to moderate how people take events and react to them, too. The Heavy Snow shit for example - people based their whole personalities around it but we can't moderate that.

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
yes entire riot nlr sounds great but it's just silly and doesn't do much for the story. you don't get out of nlr and have this riot story to tell it's just, ah my throwaway minge char died anyhow.
It does contribute to the downfall of the depot though, even without character bans. - Besides, even if it had no impact, letting players have some fun without being overly cautious for a change, it is an event after all, let's have some fun.

shit some people still walk around with 'HEAVY SNOW BADGE' and base their entire personality over a fucking nlr event, instead of just using it for some chitchat shit.
you imply people using their previous experiences to develop their character is a bad thing, Heavy snow badge is a sign of pride for them IC'ly, and even has the downside of turning them into massive targets if they ever got ambushed by resistance forces.

no no one purposely smashed a thumper that was player driven, zany portal storms, weird antlion/guard mixes destroy thumpers
There were active Resistance involvement, people willing to risk their necks had an open contract to sabotage those things, even if it was just turning them off for a while.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
talking about heavy snow, thought that was a baker event, either way it was a mess and should've been structured or at least re-structured midway through by someone else

@Baker had some important stuff that came up Unfortunately. Would've been a bit sudden and hard to make something engaging.
it's funny how a lot of people expect you to do things without having a clue themselves how to do it

may i also remind you @Nexus that not only was it new years but it was also my dads birthday which he usually spends alone and was going to spend alone if i didnt go see him

so in-hind sight if you think you could've done better why didnt you step up? there isnt no could've should've when you too were in a position to help and fix

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
it's funny how a lot of people expect you to do things without having a clue themselves how to do it

may i also remind you @Nexus that not only was it new years but it was also my dads birthday which he usually spends alone and was going to spend alone if i didnt go see him

so in-hind sight if you think you could've done better why didnt you step up? there isnt no could've should've when you too were in a position to help and fix
I wasnt throwing shade im saying it should've been restructured, I offered a lot of ideas and put a bunch of work into that event myself.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Main server events are mostly shit it’s just some are shitter than others and none beat event server events

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yeah that’s my job

@PilotBland hope you’re ready to die namaste
1*Pu9iAhs-IDb6DtXYslHJyA.jpeg

Same energy

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
Oh I was just explaining what happened and why things played out as they did.

Not trying to go against you x

D

Deleted member 1392

I find it absolutely retarded that after a dangerous workshift where you basically have to defend yourself and do whatever task asked, you aren't rewarded nor even given a ration. It's dumb and while it is IC, it's a bit bothering too. I don't think you want a starving workforce.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I find it absolutely retarded that after a dangerous workshift where you basically have to defend yourself and do whatever task asked, you aren't rewarded nor even given a ration. It's dumb and while it is IC, it's a bit bothering too. I don't think you want a starving workforce.
guy probably forgot.

also, now that the argument(s) are just about over with, I made this:
meme_2.jpg

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
joined for the first time and it was pretty much what i expected. 50 players are on the server yet through my strolls around the prison everything seemed depressing and empty, making me think there are only like 10 citizens. as i joined i immediately noticed that the roleplay was minimal everywhere and only considered of "talking to each other", fun for a max of five times or so. after concluding that 20% of the server was afking i took the oppertunity to check around the map. quickly noticed how everything was surrounded with antlions and how the only rebel place had no rebels in it, wasn't able to find an explanation of why we are here either. i ran around a few times with my friend to create some entertainment fo myself for around 1 hour. eventually we were taken in for a workshifts and we were all given saw blades, after joining in the event i walked away from the workshift with my saw blade with me and noticed alot of other people did this as well. left after this

tldr: prison events always suck and dont work for one week, max a day or two

this aint a stab at zak im just giving my views of the event and looked what other players were doing to enjoy themselves. 100 player events are hard enough as it is

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
as i joined i immediately noticed that the roleplay was minimal everywhere and only considered of "talking to each other", fun for a max of five times or so.
I think this is a core problem - and I'm not mocking you or saying you are wrong in your view, you just bring up an interesting point for me.

If you don't enjoy passive for more than a little bit you won't really get anywhere long-term. The event staff can't ram things down your throat all day every day for numerous reasons and if you can't entertain yourself beyond action then you probably won't have fun overall.

Its the eternal struggle of big events in general, no matter how often you try and sprinkle things to do.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think this is a core problem - and I'm not mocking you or saying you are wrong in your view, you just bring up an interesting point for me.

If you don't enjoy passive for more than a little bit you won't really get anywhere long-term. The event staff can't ram things down your throat all day every day for numerous reasons and if you can't entertain yourself beyond action then you probably won't have fun overall.

Its the eternal struggle of big events in general, no matter how often you try and sprinkle things to do.
might be a bit unreleated but we've always had the same problem with similar events on ww3rp with how they always keep getting stale to everyone always s2king and no rp being performed at all (a great example of this would be the ww2 generations event that got boring after 3-4 days after was it implemented)

i can see this performed in the same way in hl2rp by people always going afk and scattering around the map

but yeah i think this is a common problem which can be easily avoided if more mini-events (as in an event in the event, like the portal storm event which was dope) were made and the playerbase staying always in one place

this might take an enforcer-type of approach but this might me the only way to fix these events in my point of view

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
but yeah i think this is a common problem which can be easily avoided if more mini-events (as in an event in the event, like the portal storm event which was dope) were made and the playerbase staying always in one place

this might take an enforcer-type of approach but this might me the only way to fix these events in my point of view
The main concern I know a lot of people have is having to axe an entire portion of the playerbase to make these events work which basically incentivizes them not to come unless they have a secondary character. That and cramming them into a smaller map leads to frustration and a lack of places to go and explore.

Hell, Toride and Revolution effectively boxed both sides into two corners of the map (albiet they were semi-flexible) to allow them to work their own objectives without it turning to shit and even that was a struggle for all involved.

I don't envy anyone for setting up 100 slotters but I think including the event team in them was a fantastic step and really does open the door for the future and out of all of the prior Non-Dallas 100 slotters this is by far the best.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae

i get what you mean, i don't mind passive roleplay in general it just feels so forced in this type of scenario where you're forced in this prison. as for the small bit of action i joined in i gotta agree with @PilotBland that it ain't always fun either. call me a pessimist on how i dislike everything but im just speaking my mind, spawning 100 antlions around us is fun for both CP's and staff - i've done so enough-, but it doesn't make for fun for the other 70% of the server (citizens) that get the joy of watching

i just want shit with a genuine story, wouldn't even mind the passive rp then. i can't exactly word it right but it's different when you have a great story and forced to passive rp then no story with and passive rp (not implying this event doesn't have any story though, i just couldn't find any)

D

Deleted member 1392

i get what you mean, i don't mind passive roleplay in general it just feels so forced in this type of scenario where you're forced in this prison. as for the small bit of action i joined in i gotta agree with @PilotBland that it ain't always fun either. call me a pessimist on how i dislike everything but im just speaking my mind, spawning 100 antlions around us is fun for both CP's and staff - i've done so enough-, but it doesn't make for fun for the other 70% of the server (citizens) that get the joy of watching

i just want shit with a genuine story, wouldn't even mind the passive rp then. i can't exactly word it right but it's different when you have a great story and forced to passive rp then no story with and passive rp (not implying this event doesn't have any story though, i just couldn't find any)
All you can experience is anger that you are not rewarded enough nor fed. So that's good for story-telling, besides that though.