News THERMOGENESIS

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
you're very fucking well aware of that so don't try to pull that shit you gangrene brain moron.
i'm gonna italics everything i write like im making a point when you're just behaving like a sped
first off, this kind of attitude just makes me want to disregard every point you've tried to make, so in the future if you don't go around insulting people for daring to disagree with you, that'll incite less hate towards yourself

but, because i'd like to actually address concerns, i'll do it anyways

it's just that every avenue of roleplay has been shut down, the depot has degraded way too fast instead of it being gradual you just disable parts of the map with radiation, 'BLOWN UP THUMPERS' or other dumb random shit.
every pipeline sabotaged, thumper disabled, prison riot, and antlion outbreak has been the direct result of actions by players, just about the only thing that's been completely manufactured is the portal storms, and that's just by the nature of it; even then, i've been giving people flexibility in HOW to go about interacting with them

the lack of ammo is fucking annoying and the head staff insistence on not giving ammo cause a bunch of ELA got it makes you feel like if you're not with the in crowd, you're left out of the fun and fucked on ever getting a decent experience
maybe your timing is just horrendous, because several times i've given out legitimate tasks to rebels in exchange for the ammo they'd use accomplishing them plus some extra

no focus on passive, rebel side is going fetch quests and getting fucked up for a tub of sulfur, which nowadays might as well spawn me a 5kg piece of granite in exchange for my guns.
@Remen and @Braňo♥ can vouch that one was done just recently and wasn't "go here, take item, come back", and i've been doing similar throughout the course of the event

cops are doing this weird borderline 'im corrupt but if i see you with contra im gonna pk your char cause the rules say i can' so you can't do cool corrupt shit on the off-chance an 'abiding' cop sees you and swears off any sort of development with a pk or a BOL and kicks you off the cliff
maybe that's just the risk you take when you're interacting with cops who are making their own decisions. would you prefer that i force every cop to be corrupt and never dole out punishments unless specifically authorized to?

civis? fuck civis. here's your passive and roleplay for this event, you stand by a pipe and whack it with wrench scripts whilst everyone shoots around you. pks are blatantly rampant on the purpose of 'GRITTINESS', the current event overseers see death as an alternative to development and story.

this event has several issues, any criticism is given the typical response of 'well i've been very busy'
a) because yes, i have been busy as fuck, and b) all your criticism is contradictory and unhelpful, it boils down to "I DISLIKE IT, REWARD ME MORE"

so this event, as good as a start it had - dropped off a cliff in terms of quality and enjoyment. there is no line for criticism to be directed at, except here, and it gets ignored as 'you're just hating the server lol' instead of actually, taking, the fucking criticism.
see above

whats even the event story, why are rebels here?

why do we have such a strong rebel presence, god heavy snow even felt more competent in that regard even with incompetent leaders and shit. there was logistics, supply lines that were moderated and gear pushed up, it felt like an actual effort was done

now? naw
there has been explanations handed around in-character several times, though i'll admit the one thing i definitely should've done was just scrap rebel presence entirely for the majority of the event; even then though, what's the guarantee you wouldn't have just started complaining about how it's stupid that rebels aren't there and that they totally should be and i'm ~restricting roleplay~ by not having them?

that's why everybody hates you so much, because you bitch about literally everything, no matter if it aligns with your previous complaints or tries directly to solve them

if you really despise the server so much, kindly fuck off and find another one that suits your exacting specifications better

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
@Remen and @Braňo♥ can vouch that one was done just recently and wasn't "go here, take item, come back", and i've been doing similar throughout the course of the event
And to add on to this.
The one I did last night was foreshadowing next to the terminal article that'll be up soon enough.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
idk about the player side but from a staff side it was an absolutely incoherent, unstructured mess without a proper direction or a widely known story beyond "fight the other side"
i aint even gonna lie, it came together in like three days while i was scrambling to get everything finished, and that's on me for overestimating how quickly i could meet deadlines, but to quote joseph staten, "it was like a hurricane assembling a house", and considering the circumstances i'm glad it didn't end up as city of roleplay v2

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i aint even gonna lie, it came together in like three days while i was scrambling to get everything finished, and that's on me for overestimating how quickly i could meet deadlines, but to quote joseph staten, "it was like a hurricane assembling a house", and considering the circumstances i'm glad it didn't end up as city of roleplay v2
talking about heavy snow, thought that was a baker event, either way it was a mess and should've been structured or at least re-structured midway through by someone else

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
ed4eb92c697796cde86b7f0740f60a58.jpg

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
talking about heavy snow, thought that was a baker event, either way it was a mess and should've been structured or at least re-structured midway through by someone else
@Baker had some important stuff that came up Unfortunately. Would've been a bit sudden and hard to make something engaging.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This event has been fun, got a lot of entertainment the times I’ve been on, Could use with a better story as I’m pretty lost but at least I’m having fun and I understand the general context!

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
first off, this kind of attitude just makes me want to disregard every point you've tried to make, so in the future if you don't go around insulting people for daring to disagree with you, that'll incite less hate towards yourself

that doesn't matter. you're gonna be met with criticism in the first place, and i've really, really politely put my criticisms back then w/o snark, without any sort of flavor and it literally gets met with no response or responses with no actual sentiment behind it, no solution.

every pipeline sabotaged, thumper disabled, prison riot, and antlion outbreak has been the direct result of actions by players, just about the only thing that's been completely manufactured is the portal storms, and that's just by the nature of it; even then, i've been giving people flexibility in HOW to go about interacting with them

no. it hasn't. it literally hasn't, there's been several events that alien grunts destroy gates, thumpers smashed by antlions by tasks of events, and prison riots have been given the 'THIS ENTIRE ORDEAL IS NLR FOR YOU IF YOU RIOT'.

these are manufactured, don't pull this fucking bullshit. they're way too overboard and way too early in the event to have impact, it's unenjoyable. and i can only source people turning off thumpers and cutting off the crane as 'player-driven actions' having consequence. most are event chars who have items like explosives who disable shit, if anything.

maybe your timing is just horrendous, because several times i've given out legitimate tasks to rebels in exchange for the ammo they'd use accomplishing them plus some extra

no, more so @Blackquill has said to event fellas like @Lzom that no ammo can be provided in events, even after a 2 hour expedition where we went around capturing creatures ALIVE for the sake of it, and we got burnt out and left it at that.

after that 2 hours, we got like two boxes of 9x19mm or something and a travelpack, which i guess you can exclude food. for about five people who attended.

they've been hardly story-specific events. i've been around waiting for a nice story event and sit here for hours, passive rping and going 'oh man can't wait for a cool event to make this whole ordeal worthwhile'

maybe that's just the risk you take when you're interacting with cops who are making their own decisions. would you prefer that i force every cop to be corrupt and never dole out punishments unless specifically authorized to?

cops can have punishments that aren't 'you're now bol'd/pk'd'.

you can confiscate it just enough and beat me and whatever the fuck, you can be a hardass prison warden. but when you're met with 'yeah you know we're low on people' it shouldn't tell you to start shooting more people for cocaine scripts passed out by COPS themselves.

you know there's more punishments that exist then getting perma killed, right?

a) because yes, i have been busy as fuck, and b) all your criticism is contradictory and unhelpful, it boils down to "I DISLIKE IT, REWARD ME MORE"

a. so has everyone, it's finals week and you plopped an event dookie on everyone, so people who get on scramble for the pieces of any roleplay and unwind and get met with garbage

b.
i think asking for events that either have good reward, or good roleplay in it isn't hard to ask.

if i expend all my ammo surviving antlion npc spawns with ass hitreg due to server latency, well yeah. i expect something in that back.

if the event turns out shite, can you blame people for being disappointed and giving you flak for it when the server puts so much insistent importance on items as rebels, and that every round and item counts to your survival

there has been explanations handed around in-character several times, though i'll admit the one thing i definitely should've done was just scrap rebel presence entirely for the majority of the event; even then though, what's the guarantee you wouldn't have just started complaining about how it's stupid that rebels aren't there and that they totally should be and i'm ~restricting roleplay~ by not having them?

no. i wouldn't mind and people have literally preferred scrapping certain factions in big events to give focus to other avenues of rp.

you, yourself, decided to opt in rebels and union, and find it difficult to understand you'll run into issues if there isn't fun to be had on a side.

me sitting inside a cave, not even being able to venture from the sub across in a tiny pit isn't enjoyable as a rebel, comparing that to a union force who's got infinite ammo, a giant depot to be in, finds enjoyment shooting from walls and potentially killing refugees for some reason, and just drug rps and power trips to pk people

yes. i will name how distinctly egregious the differences are in terms of 'enjoyment'.

that's why everybody hates you so much, because you bitch about literally everything, no matter if it aligns with your previous complaints or tries directly to solve them

if you really despise the server so much, kindly fuck off and find another one that suits your exacting specifications better

lol zing yeah don't criticize the bad stuff just go elsewhere

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
that doesn't matter. you're gonna be met with criticism in the first place, and i've really, really politely put my criticisms back then w/o snark, without any sort of flavor and it literally gets met with no response or responses with no actual sentiment behind it, no solution.
lol zing yeah don't criticize the bad stuff just go elsewhere
Thats an outright lie lmao

You've come onto this thread several times and politely put things across and they've been handled by the guys doing the events or sorting stuff for it either that day or the next day if it was late.

Compare that to your response as of these past few posts and see the difference - except you never seem to understand that, you seem to think coming in acting like this makes any difference when it just gets you brushed off and ignored. Literally even people who supported your points a year or two ago have directly told you why you get brushed off and it just doesn't seem to stick.

Your snark gets you nowhere but people telling you to fuck off because nobody wants to deal with you when you storm into threads like this.

ta. so has everyone, it's finals week and you plopped an event dookie on everyone, so people who get on scramble for the pieces of any roleplay and unwind and get met with garbage
Not everyone, far from everyone.

Also, thats an opinion. Far from fact. Plenty have people have managed to have fun and enjoyed the event.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae

no. it hasn't. it literally hasn't, there's been several events that alien grunts destroy gates, thumpers smashed by antlions by tasks of events, and prison riots have been given the 'THIS ENTIRE ORDEAL IS NLR FOR YOU IF YOU RIOT'.

these are manufactured, don't pull this fucking bullshit. they're way too overboard and way too early in the event to have impact, it's unenjoyable. and i can only source people turning off thumpers and cutting off the crane as 'player-driven actions' having consequence. most are event chars who have items like explosives who disable shit, if anything.
listen man no offense or anything but this type of attitude will only cause people to laugh at you my friend

like yeah i think you do have some valid points but this isn't the right way to point em out
c'mon man

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd like to point out the Alien Grunt smashed the gate once due to the way the FightRP worked out, the 'thumpers smashed for events' come from players doing it mostly (or players doing it from rebel events!) and the "ENTIRE RIOT IS NLR" is so people don't flinch away from enjoying themselves and doing stuff.

I don't see how players starting something and the event guys adapting to it is bad?

But I suppose if everyone got PK'd for it you'd have a high-horse to sit on about how "nothing fun can happen".

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
6f02410de27d258c9b3e59f324f5c4ad.jpg
I'm perfectly calm, my dude!

Pointing out why Pilot gets shit on for his attitude aside it doesn't mean I hate him or want to kill him IRL.

I'm not even frustrated, I'm just debating the points. He's right to have his views on the event after all.

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
I'm perfectly calm, my dude!

Pointing out why Pilot gets shit on for his attitude aside it doesn't mean I hate him or want to kill him IRL. I'm not even frustrated, I'm just debating the points.
fuck you rabid faggot ninety three i saw graphite on the roof

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
no no one purposely smashed a thumper that was player driven, zany portal storms, weird antlion/guard mixes destroy thumpers, and yes entire riot nlr sounds great but it's just silly and doesn't do much for the story. you don't get out of nlr and have this riot story to tell it's just, ah my throwaway minge char died anyhow.

its essentially like heavy snow, you know how all these civis got given conscripts in heavy snow and it took less than a week until they were completely dehumanized and were practically battle harden killers, shit some people still walk around with 'HEAVY SNOW BADGE' and base their entire personality over a fucking nlr event, instead of just using it for some chitchat shit.

that isn't how a character works, it's just not a switch and you now love the union and fucking wanna kill all rebels and are professional killers doing suicide rushes with machete.

nlr works in certain cases, but not when it's for the SAKE OF, conflict. characters with no development for the sake of being minges and prison riot minge punches and shit, or machete knuckle meme connies

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
no no one purposely smashed a thumper that was player driven, zany portal storms, weird antlion/guard mixes destroy thumpers, and yes entire riot nlr sounds great but it's just silly and doesn't do much for the story. you don't get out of nlr and have this riot story to tell it's just, ah my throwaway minge char died anyhow.

its essentially like heavy snow, you know how all these civis got given conscripts in heavy snow and it took less than a week until they were completely dehumanized and were practically battle harden killers, shit some people still walk around with 'HEAVY SNOW BADGE' and base their entire personality over a fucking nlr event, instead of just using it for some chitchat shit.

that isn't how a character works, it's just not a switch and you now love the union and fucking wanna kill all rebels and are professional killers doing suicide rushes with machete.

nlr works in certain cases, but not when it's for the SAKE OF, conflict. characters with no development for the sake of being minges and prison riot minge punches and shit, or machete knuckle meme connies
Shut up pilot bland

This event is nice but the one thing us rebel people kinda wanted to point out is that we want more events like in day two, more stuff on the event server that can help us a bit but either then that I just think its the people who take initiative make things interesting.