Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
this quick jump to victimizing yourself and pointing fingers to inexperience is a bit much, this isn't a political activist thread, just a gameplay feedback thread. this kind of outrage isn't brought up on the forums when it's a lone cop team getting repeat oneshotted by an m40/SVD/vortigaunt

the combine sniper could place his shots well this time around because of the scanners taking routine pictures around the map to help him countersnipe, but i personally want all snipers gone outside of event usage, just need to fine tune some details first
I agree. Remove all snipers. Go into the repository and delete the files named sh_svd, sh_m40, and sh_combinesniper

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
if this is in reference to earlier they were literally humping rebel spawn bro
This argument hasn’t ever deterred rebels from base-camping the CMB.

Asheville and this map have been the worst offenders, but it happened on Depot and Apoc too. I’m all for removing the sniper meta because I love CQB anyway, but the spawncamping double-standard isn’t one I suspect many folks are particularly inclined to be sympathetic towards.

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Been a while since this place was lively. I'm aware the respective discord servers for both sides are already quite stirred after what happened, but does anyone want to put their thoughts in this thread about tonight's shenanigans?

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
A little curious question since the combine has now taken over Agora, isn't there any possibility for them to bring some sort of roleplay to the table?

With roleplay being the reason we even came here, I have my fair share of concern with what sorts of things the combine are doing. Apparently from what I've been told, the combine barely has anything to do but also mentions how the rebel has contracts to do, which makes me curious if they are attempting to imply that the combine hasn't chosen to do anything and awaits some sort of narration roleplay provided by the staff..

Are players in the combine faction prohibited to create a roleplay on their own that could play some impact on the servers scenario? or have they just been lately struggling to find some sort of goal that could amuse them along with others?

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Been a while since this place was lively. I'm aware the respective discord servers for both sides are already quite stirred after what happened, but does anyone want to put their thoughts in this thread about tonight's shenanigans?
We got hit hard on the approach in the river.

A lot more rebels should've been inside Agora itself rather than the ridgelines.

FPS was, once again, god awful the moment I started shooting anything.

I had some fun despite this.

(Please log on more when there isn't a raid)

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm glad RPG changes are underway

I don't understand why we are using desroyable generators for both sides, why are we BOTH destroying the pennies if we both use em, I think the actual objectives either need to be made more unique, or just made into last man standing owns it

OTA flanking the other ridge was smart

fog rolled in a bit too late for my liking, it was added after people had already set themselves up on the ridgetop

generators still looked broken the entire time since us rebels took agora, so I didn't even know the generators actually even needed defending since they constantly looked destroyed

I'm still waiting to see what the benefits to holding Agora are, in the past two days that we've had it I've not seen any potential benefits other than incurring funny role-play rules like no blacksuits

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
A little curious question since the combine has now taken over Agora, isn't there any possibility for them to bring some sort of roleplay to the table?

With roleplay being the reason we even came here, I have my fair share of concern with what sorts of things the combine are doing. Apparently from what I've been told, the combine barely has anything to do but also mentions how the rebel has contracts to do, which makes me curious if they are attempting to imply that the combine hasn't chosen to do anything and awaits some sort of narration roleplay provided by the staff..

Are players in the combine faction prohibited to create a roleplay on their own that could play some impact on the servers scenario?
The combine have nothing to do outside of staff-curated events OR taking Agora and some of it's resources.

So far Agora, both by server rules and by each side, is treated as (largely) a neutral zone no matter who controls it. Whether the rebels want to go in there to roleplay with us when we go out, to roleplay with the denizens, little actually changes depending on who controls Agora outside of the factory resources flowing to the controlling side

(Which is honestly an important distinction, technically we are fighting over the factory and not the town itself)

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm kind of surprised Combine don't have their own contract equivalent going on. You know, a sort of to-do list for missions of all sorts - primarily ones that don't take them off to an event server and further siphon Combine activity away from the main server.

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
The combine have nothing to do outside of staff-curated events OR taking Agora and some of it's resources.

So far Agora, both by server rules and by each side, is treated as (largely) a neutral zone no matter who controls it. Whether the rebels want to go in there to roleplay with us when we go out, to roleplay with the denizens, little actually changes depending on who controls Agora outside of the factory resources flowing to the controlling side

(Which is honestly an important distinction, technically we are fighting over the factory and not the town itself)

I recall speaking to an event staff in regard to the takeover in Agora (specifically rebel) and what sorts of change could ever happen, what they mention seems to hint that this shouldn't be too limited with what we are capable of doing in roleplays, this should include with the combine.

Has none of this ever been thoroughly looked into and discussed with changing the works with Agora? I personally don't see a huge problem with lifting some limitations and letting some sort of concept be brought to Agora, I think it'd be fun for everyone, even if it opposes some sides.

The blacksuit restriction for example made tension, I chose to make a whole outburst about it in-character with a speech and mob-like moment forming a little "anti-agora + combine" area, hoping that people could start thrashing and ignoring the blacksuit law which did actually sorta worked!

I really hope you guys could've taken the chance on maybe bringing a more-policing behavior around agora as you guys are combine and do technically own the place, the neutral people shouldn't be too refusal since you guys fought your way to own it.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'm kind of surprised Combine don't have their own contract equivalent going on. You know, a sort of to-do list for missions of all sorts - primarily ones that don't take them off to an event server and further siphon Combine activity away from the main server.
A suggestion has actually been made in the Combine discord but there's not really been a definitive "Lets do it" from anyone.

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
A suggestion has actually been made in the Combine discord but there's not really been a definitive "Lets do it" from anyone.
Really?
When I was talking about my concern with the activity in Agora in the dam, I did end up doing a "let's do it", rushing my way to just head in and build a little stage before roaring a mic to grab everyone's attention.

An admin told me that I was risking a PK but I still didn't care too much, if it brought roleplay to Agora, then let it happen!

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I'm kind of surprised Combine don't have their own contract equivalent going on.
Seven maps in and this is a surprise?
We've been asking for consistent objectives since asheville, or we used at least since I don't even bother asking anymore

Seb'ster

Proton
Nebulae
Seven maps in and this is a surprise?
We've been asking for consistent objectives since asheville, or we used at least since I don't even bother asking anymore
Why don't you guys make your own task? Do you really need to only follow with whatever the faction's main-announcement puts up?

Status
Not open for further replies.