Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Its a shame that half of the Combine stuff has just gradually fucking broken tbh; a big part of the draw of the setting was the ability to put rebels against this sort of stuff (and give the Combine a chance to use it themselves).
side effect of using an addon that's older than some people in this community

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
side effect of using an addon that's older than some people in this community
That's why I just assumed it was the addon doing what the addon had always done when I saw people getting upset about tbh - it even used to do it when the guy who made the addon still used it on TnB.

I didn't know it'd broken even more.

Nebulae
That's why I just assumed it was the addon doing what the addon had always done when I saw people getting upset about tbh - it even used to do it when the guy who made the addon still used it on TnB.

I didn't know it'd broken even more.
to give you an idea of how broken it currently is, I saw a dropship land directly behind @Reggie and @TedHatty who were both clueless to it

it was admittedly quite amusing from afar

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
rockets work well against apcs and ground vehicles but are a bane when it comes to air vehicles

can't we make them slower, so the guidance system can be properly used?

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
we preemptively took it out because we expected vortigaunts and rebel snipers

both came out, so we were correct
it's not that you took out your sniper

no one has died to a 1 shotter from nowhere (2-3 shots if svd/m40, which i still have no idea why they got nerfed) and said 'mmm this is fun:)'

dying to snipers sucks, and this was why no one had them around in ww3rp for 5 years, i've been very skeptical about snipers ever since i've started playing

just please obliterate them

Nebulae
it's not that you took out your sniper

no one has died to a 1 shotter from nowhere (2-3 shots if svd/m40, which i still have no idea why they got nerfed) and said 'mmm this is fun:)'

dying to snipers sucks, and this was why no one had them around in ww3rp for 5 years, i've been very skeptical about snipers ever since i've started playing

just please obliterate them
either make them availble and their ammo or obliterate them for both sides. Beacuse the combine sniper 1 taps irc

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
rebel snipers+vortigaunts≠one tap gun

claim all you want about it's blue laser, when one side gets zero kills and one person on the other side has 12, it's unfair and imbalanced, no other way to cut it.

this lopsidedness is a result of a lack of perspective from the staff team, I don't have any evidence,.but if I had.to guess, most of the active staff members rarely experience what it's like on the other side.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
rebel snipers+vortigaunts≠one tap gun

claim all you want about it's blue laser, when one side gets zero kills and one person on the other side has 12, it's unfair and imbalanced, no other way to cut it.

this lopsidedness is a result of a lack of perspective from the staff team, I don't have any evidence,.but if I had.to guess, most of the active staff members rarely experience what it's like on the other side.
this quick jump to victimizing yourself and pointing fingers to inexperience is a bit much, this isn't a political activist thread, just a gameplay feedback thread. this kind of outrage isn't brought up on the forums when it's a lone cop team getting repeat oneshotted by an m40/SVD/vortigaunt

the combine sniper could place his shots well this time around because of the scanners taking routine pictures around the map to help him countersnipe, but i personally want all snipers gone outside of event usage, just need to fine tune some details first

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
A big chunk of those kills could be attributed to two very well played scanners giving accurate pings and pictures of hostile movements. Allowing the sniper to know where players would have been.

The combine sniper may have specifically inflated these stats, but you cannot dismiss how important the power of knowledge played into this.

Either way, I dislike long range engagements, so I'm for their removal anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.