Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Seven maps in and this is a surprise?
This is a surprise because I know for a fact Combine discord did have a bucket list during C24 - which is not seven maps ago. I never partook on them with my then-cop, but I know these sort of minor mission directives should've laid the groundwork for more varied side gigs for Combine side.

Reactions: List

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Seven maps in and this is a surprise?
We've been asking for consistent objectives since asheville, or we used at least since I don't even bother asking anymore
we had some on metro to defend, we had some on city24 to defend, we've had a radio station which no one interacted with (and it was advertised, albeit i don't remember if it was ota announcements only and if so my bad), and we have some objectives that are i believe still being made after dingus suggested them

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
FyprgrE.jpeg

RP only dies in the town because one side throws up their arms and goes It's never been more over than this, interaction is very much possible but I chalk it up to the possibility of annoyance that people can't walk around with their guns in their hands without CP's telling them to stash it (as they rightfully can request as they own the town)

Grumbling about how stuff like there can be no mayor election because rebels don't own it is stupid and on the contrary goes against the essence of what you're trying to do, It would be pretty funny in that situation if the CP's attempt to enroll some faceless goon into the ballot box to contend with everybody else but we can't have these situations because one side gives up all hope.

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
reliance on events to do literally anything on this server can only be chalked up to one thing: your own damn problem

in the same regard there's not shit to do on this map, there wasn't shit to do on boreas or any of the other seven maps we've been on. someone just needs to take charge and actually try and foster some roleplay (see: every pt-66 patrol). if you can't take the initiative to make roleplay for yourself & others around you, you're not roleplaying, you're here for scripts/s2k/objectives/etc.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
FyprgrE.jpeg

RP only dies in the town because one side throws up their arms and goes It's never been more over than this, interaction is very much possible but I chalk it up to the possibility of annoyance that people can't walk around with their guns in their hands without CP's telling them to stash it (as they rightfully can request as they own the town)

Grumbling about how stuff like there can be no mayor election because rebels don't own it is stupid and on the contrary goes against the essence of what you're trying to do, It would be pretty funny in that situation if the CP's attempt to enroll some faceless goon into the ballot box to contend with everybody else but we can't have these situations because one side gives up all hope.
My only fear is turning up to the bar as a vortigaunt and the immediate reaction is like 'ENSLAVE THAT GREEN FUCK' while I wish to drink beside the cops or start discussions about the conflict

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
My only fear is turning up to the bar as a vortigaunt and the immediate reaction is like 'ENSLAVE THAT GREEN FUCK' while I wish to drink beside the cops or start discussions about the conflict
I have chatted with Vorts and many other prominent members of the resistance inside of Agora. As long as you don't do anything to provoke people you'll typically be left alone.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I treat vortigaunts with a more general hostility in the same way (most) rebels treat OTA with more hostility.

Doesn't stop of us from roleplaying though, a bit of an jest/insulting fest between me and Harland let to a fun fist brawl between us that was actually anyone's game at most points @deathwolf

Simplifying it down, you might be called an abomination, greenskin or likewise but you won't get killed and just like us OTA I encourage you to RP through it or with it. Call us faceless soldiers soulless, insult us back or try to convince us we can still be saved. Or just talk about shit and laugh

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
I have chatted with Vorts and many other prominent members of the resistance inside of Agora. As long as you don't do anything to provoke people you'll typically be left alone.
I treat vortigaunts with a more general hostility in the same way (most) rebels treat OTA with more hostility.

Doesn't stop of us from roleplaying though, a bit of an jest/insulting fest between me and Harland let to a fun fist brawl between us that was actually anyone's game at most points @deathwolf

Simplifying it down, you might be called an abomination, greenskin or likewise but you won't get killed and just like us OTA I encourage you to RP through it or with it. Call us faceless soldiers soulless, insult us back or try to convince us we can still be saved. Or just talk about shit and laugh
Aight cheers, it was just that everytime I tried come in peace with CPs/OTA in the past, it always resulted them trying to knock me down and taking me in, but this is enlightening to hear.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Aight cheers, it was just that everytime I tried come in peace with CPs/OTA in the past, it always resulted them trying to knock me down and taking me in, but this is enlightening to hear.
As long as you are in Agora, both IC mandates and OOC rules are in your favour. If anyone tries to capture you/shoot you/kill you, of-course with some discretion on circumstances ala Me and Harland's fistfight, you are protected where-as they are under PK-risk. I imagine a ground-pound will discourage further action

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Agora has been a big breath of fresh air. I only wish that people use it more when the opposite side in in-charge. There have also been a few scenario's where I've lead a recon team of two other OTA and encountered a heap of people who were fixing that rope bridge.

After one of their guys approached me, we talked and I let them pass as they didn't shoot us or anything. It's definitely possible but you'll get more reliable results inside Agora.

Nebulae
i dont understand where this "the combine are neglected, staff are doing contracts for them but not us. theyre giving us no attention besides curated events!" thing is coming from; rebels don't get those curated events, and the only reason the contracts came about was because not a week and a half ago it was the rebels that were being neglected

juggling both sides for attention is hard. to begin with this is an asymmetric event making system; one side gets the big events while the other side gets the mini events. it is beyond comparison and i think the pattern drawn there is indicative of a self-victimizing attitude that some people should really learn to move past on both sides; we are not out for your faction's heads. if staff team decisions had bias in either direction the other side would've realized it and been out a long time ago

instead more often than not its a matter of tilting the ship one way or the other for balance and someone accusing us of wanting to tip it over the edge every time there is a movement

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I'm quite confused as to when the state of the server reached a point where freely available assets get toolgunned away mid-fight, despite the opposite side being given means to deal with it? It's happened previously, we've had APCs destroyed.
What confuses me even further is that it was allegedly in response to failure to obey a command:
P3BsLOu.png

I struggle to comprehend why such a command is issued in the first place by staff during a generic player vs. player engagement, but what's even weirder to me is the fact that, contrarily to my understanding of the command (to drive it up - higher - which I did, I drove it up a hill and when combat ended there I brought it back down), it meant to remove it from the fight?
MKBl6Pw.png

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
available assets get toolgunned away mid-fight, despite the opposite side being given means to deal with it?
because there was already a number disparity between both sides, nobody was on who had the means to combat the apc which i'd kno cuz i was overseeing the raid and you interpreted 'put the apc up' as a command to drive up to where all the combat was currently happening which was alrdy in the combine's favor lol

edit: i guess i'll go fuck myself tryna balance these raids going forward, if you're legit ignoring staff telling you to put up an apc and suprised pikachu face when it gets taken idek

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
because there was already a number disparity between both sides, nobody was on who had the means to combat the apc
But why is that relevant? No vorts or snipers ever got slain/physgunned away back in c24 when odds were overwhelming against cops and no OTA snipers were on.
drive up to where all the combat was currently happening which was alrdy in the combine's favor lol
I did not know that, I only drove up there because you told me to (or so I thought)

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
But why is that relevant? No vorts or snipers ever got slain/physgunned away back in c24 when odds were overwhelming against cops and no OTA snipers were on.
idc about the this vs them 'oh but rebels have done it too111!!11' rhetoric, i'm not accepting that as a precedent

they shouldve been told to fuck off all the same

I did not know that, I only drove up there because you told me to (or so I thought)
im sorry i wasn't clearer

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I can relate to having sent someone a PM as staff and it sounded obvious as fuck to me then a while later I realized that they probably had no clue what I was asking them to do lmao

It happens when you are juggling things.

Status
Not open for further replies.