Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i will straight up just shoot whoever feels the need to pipe up in LOOC entirely unprompted in the fucking face with nothing being said

Reactions: List

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
The fog exists as it does right now because it perfectly matches the draw distance of the map, down to the exact unit.

You would not be able to shoot beyond it regardless if the fog were completely removed or not as other players, props and map elements wouldn't render past it anyway.

One of the reasons why this map works so well despite its size and attention to detail is that it severely limits your draw distance, which includes the rendering of players, so the fog /exactly/ stops people quite literally popping in and out of existence on your screen as you walk towards them.

There is no way to scout players from a long range, they will only be drawn when incredibly close to you, which for example means snipers would never be able to hold a chokepoint or gather intel ahead.

This map cannot provide a good experience for snipers, Combine or Vort, that isn't incredibly jarring, thus sometimes I do bring fog in to the rendering edges to make the adjustment more seamless.
i didn't see this initially because i have tommy ignored

stormfox or some other fog was definitely amping up the regular map fog, hence why I made this post

yesterday you could barley see two food in front of you without fog

Last edited:

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
ignoring people is next level tragic ahahaha

There are some people in online spaces who continuously demonstrate their incapacity to not engage with others in bad faith. I've certainly made use of this feature more than once; some people aren't worth having to read through their crap.

That said, it is kind of poor taste to air the fact that you have someone ignored.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There are some people in online spaces who continuously demonstrate their incapacity to not engage with others in bad faith. I've certainly made use of this feature more than once; some people aren't worth having to read through their crap.

That said, it is kind of poor taste to air the fact that you have someone ignored.

if youre gonna take the piss out of someone by accusing them of being a nazi, do it to their face yea?

and don't put them on ignore so they cant even defend themselves from your shit accusations reggie

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I remember the early neb days when lots of people had the likes of infamous Nazi war-criminals as their profile pictures.

Times have changed and people have wisened up to that stuff.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's kinda funny if they take it really personal, and get genuinely frustrated with it to such a degree that it lives rent free in their heads though

if its justified its funny

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
if youre gonna take the piss out of someone by accusing them of being a nazi, do it to their face yea?

and don't put them on ignore so they cant even defend themselves from your shit accusations reggie

I was in no way aware of that context, was moreso referring to the general use of the ignore feature.

Sheesh, that's a hot cup of tea, though.

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae

s57KP7E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.