Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Tomorrow is the one-month anniversary for HL2RP². It's wild how far we've come already.

IMG_7452.gif

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
why do rebels get opportunities to disrupt cops' resupplies even though the latter are outgeared in every capacity while simultaneously, rebels are rewarded for being retaliated against, they get both food AND armour scraps from harvesting cannister shells/the headcrabs

I play a bit of rebel and scripts in general are hilariously easy to obtain. I was given 100 armour for free just by asking, various guns I got from looting a cop who got 1tapped by a vort and by looting caches which are placed in a rebel OOC safezone. meanwhile the cop armour situation is so delicate that it takes a single RL deciding to do le funny bridge attacks for a single day to completely remove the viability of the faction until the next restock (which is not formalized in any way. happens when somebody feels like it)

we had a "restock" today which I was requested to flag on for. it was announced by multiple /events to allow rebels to contest it, who did arrive and had at least one AK among them (reminder that cops use MP5s/MP7s at most, we have been asking for ways to acquire ammo for the better guns we scavenged for two weeks to no avail). during the fight, cops had a flying instakill AoE event enemy flying above them that cannot be killed even though we were facing real rebels??? not sure when did this degree of staff intervention into player vs player conflict become normalized but I'm not a fan of it (and yes, I did die to it - I was trying to run away from the beam but it was pushing me towards the rebels' territory so I ran sideways which turned out to be too slow.)

rebels had winchesters which could 3tap phase 2 ota since day 4 of the event (yes, on the first map). the powercreep of rebels continues and it's reaching absurd levels. losing even fights is fun (see the EMP fight) but not when the disparity is this high

waiting for the day cops get to disrupt rebel supplies for a change but I feel it might not come, has not happened so far. staging fights between the two factions I am a fan of but not when one side gets to shoot for fun and the other's survival depends on it, especially when one is already much stronger than the other

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why do rebels get opportunities to disrupt cops' resupplies even though the latter are outgeared in every capacity while simultaneously, rebels are rewarded for being retaliated against, they get both food AND armour scraps from harvesting cannister shells/the headcrabs

I play a bit of rebel and scripts in general are hilariously easy to obtain. I was given 100 armour for free just by asking, various guns I got from looting a cop who got 1tapped by a vort and by looting caches which are placed in a rebel OOC safezone. meanwhile the cop armour situation is so delicate that it takes a single RL deciding to do le funny bridge attacks for a single day to completely remove the viability of the faction until the next restock (which is not formalized in any way. happens when somebody feels like it)

we had a "restock" today which I was requested to flag on for. it was announced by multiple /events to allow rebels to contest it, who did arrive and had at least one AK among them (reminder that cops use MP5s/MP7s at most, we have been asking for ways to acquire ammo for the better guns we scavenged for two weeks to no avail). during the fight, cops had a flying instakill AoE event enemy flying above them that cannot be killed even though we were facing real rebels??? not sure when did this degree of staff intervention into player vs player conflict become normalized but I'm not a fan of it (and yes, I did die to it - I was trying to run away from the beam but it was pushing me towards the rebels' territory so I ran sideways which turned out to be too slow.)

rebels had winchesters which could 3tap phase 2 ota since day 4 of the event (yes, on the first map). the powercreep of rebels continues and it's reaching absurd levels. losing even fights is fun (see the EMP fight) but not when the disparity is this high

waiting for the day cops get to disrupt rebel supplies for a change but I feel it might not come, has not happened so far. staging fights between the two factions I am a fan of but not when one side gets to shoot for fun and the other's survival depends on it, especially when one is already much stronger than the other

because you get striders and apcs and they dont

non-meme answer, the combine are a static element in the map, no amount of rebel aggression is going to push them out
one good disruption from the combine and you're venturing into immersion breaking "why don't they just walk into the rebel camp and kill them all" territory

Last edited:

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
because you get striders and apcs and they dont
strider which gets deployed when uhh hmmm uhm
ah, when event team feels like it
APCs are Ordinal+. We don't even use them this map since combat is slightly less long-range than it was and vorts aren't that strong anymore (render distance gaming)
you call it a meme answer but I can see some people try to argue this, so let it be known that cops get 100/100 mp7 (best case scenario!), everything else is at liberty of event staff

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
strider which gets deployed when uhh hmmm uhm
ah, when event team feels like it
APCs are Ordinal+. We don't even use them this map since combat is slightly less long-range than it was and vorts aren't that strong anymore (render distance gaming)
you call it a meme answer but I can see some people try to argue this, so let it be known that cops get 100/100 mp7 (best case scenario!), everything else is at liberty of event staff
i seen a cp with a shotgun

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i seen a cp with a shotgun
probably the only one too lmaoooooooooooo

there might be an abundance of "scary looking guns" but i have an AKS-74U with 23 bullets in it and nothing else

other weapons definitely have similar if not worse situations

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
probably the only one too lmaoooooooooooo

there might be an abundance of "scary looking guns" but i have an AKS-74U with 23 bullets in it and nothing else

im not saying its the standard im just saying i deffo saw a cop with a shotgun aha

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

what happened to the equipment confiscation thread
ask other cops for ammo, trade, etc

if I can get 4 magazines for an SKS you can do it

rebels had winchesters which could 3tap phase 2 ota since day 4 of the event
the amount of cops with high-powered rifles and the amount of insurgents with high-powered rifles are (shocker) roughly the same

most have pump-action shotguns, MP5/7's, or AK74U's

I play a bit of rebel and scripts in general are hilariously easy to obtain. I was given 100 armour for free just by asking
cops spawn with their armor, insurgents don't

various guns I got from looting a cop who got 1tapped by a vort and by looting caches which are placed in a rebel OOC safezone
most of those caches get rigged to kill people who rush in to loot them

& cops start with a pistol minimum, someone who spawns in has to spent at least twenty minutes trying to get a pistol or a scrap SMG

waiting for the day cops get to disrupt rebel supplies for a change but I feel it might not come, has not happened so far.
you stole @Trains buggy that we were going to move stuff with, so congratulations, you already did exactly what you complained about not doing before.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
cops start with a pistol minimum, someone who spawns in has to spent at least twenty minutes trying to get a pistol or a scrap SMG
Not sure what metric this is meant to be. New cops can easily spend half an hour minimum being acquainted with how things are run around the base before they hear the clarion call of PT assembly. Even then, they're probably not gonna be allowed on particularly treacherous excursions right off the bat. To backstep onto your previous point from here:
cops spawn with their armor
Which depend on a repairing resource that is very fickle to acquire, as you should see here:
meanwhile the cop armour situation is so delicate that it takes a single RL deciding to do le funny bridge attacks for a single day to completely remove the viability of the faction until the next restock (which is not formalized in any way. happens when somebody feels like it)

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
I partly believe it is simply the conjunction of rebels slowly arming themselves/armouring themselves up gradually more and more while cops armament remains static. They should as more players are eventually transhuman don't get me wrong but we haven't even done a second batch yet so it might be going a bit too fast.
As I believe we're trying to flip the script here eventually Combine/Cops are going to be the ones on the back foot having to get by with whatever shitty ww2 weaponry they can find as Lamda gradually absorbs and links every cell in Europe and become a grand army

We've already seen plenty of black suits and soon enough we'll start seeing reinforced, the weapon issue is also slightly the same relying on transhuman for DA BIG GUNS isn't always an option but I think the whole issue can be solved with just being more liberal with crafting flags.

we got all these primers, we have like 15 AK varients and 3 different snipers but can't get jack shit for ammo even when we have all the parts to make them. Battery issues can be resolved by replacing them with armour scraps since they give 50 instead of 25, not making every cop dead a minimum of 4 batteries while still keeping the 216 limit

Not exactly anybody's fault, it's just some issues need a roller over them to smooth them out.

@Simman102 also died to a fucking manta ray ain't no way

aintnoway-aint.gif

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
what happened to the equipment confiscation thread
ask other cops for ammo, trade, etc

if I can get 4 magazines for an SKS you can do it
A singular cop getting a weapon and maybe a lucky two boxes in an event doesn't prove the system works. We had ammo spawned in once, we were pretty conservative with AK ammo and we were out within a week. No restock or system changes ever since, even though we ask for it
cops spawn with their armor, insurgents don't
Armour takes zero effort to get on the rebel side, I don't see the argument here

most of those caches get rigged to kill people who rush in to loot them
ahahahahaahahahaha
East back at straight up lying I see, never change. I first-hand saw SEVEN caches get looted today, all were in the safezone and not a single one was 'rigged'
& cops start with a pistol minimum, someone who spawns in has to spent at least twenty minutes trying to get a pistol or a scrap SMG
The pistol is given out by an RL from a limited stockpile. Low-tier guns get handed out left and right to new players on the rebel side, again hardly an argument.

you stole @Trains buggy that we were going to move stuff with, so congratulations, you already did exactly what you complained about not doing before.
We "stole" it because it was driven straight into announced combat outside of the OOCly protected zone. I still see rocket and delivery trucks driving around the rebel area, so I really doubt this will make any impact

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Hi, Laura here. Can I write up a reply sharing my thoughts on the event that I did? And then we can continue the discussion.
Just so the my thought process behind the resupply event is evident and able to be understood.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
can't get jack shit for ammo
Can confirm. Overhearing transmissions over rebel radio on my vort, practically every firefight or its aftermath is marked by people calling out requests for ammo. Whereas cops can pretty reliably keep their pistols and SMGs armed with the abundance of nine-mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.