Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
all rank leaders collectively said no because they don't trust the lower ranks at all, not even 75
Well, uh... that stings. I felt happy when I got from 25 to 50 not too long ago - like some modicum of trust was placed on me. Maybe I couldn't clear even that low bar without a pity promotion.

Reactions: List

Jake

Proton
Nebulae
but all rank leaders collectively said no because they don't trust the lower ranks at all, not even 75
Then maybe allow the 75s to take patrols out but with more restrictions such as smaller squads, map boundaries and engagement protocols the RLs see fit.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Then maybe allow the 75s to take patrols out but with more restrictions such as smaller squads, map boundaries and engagement protocols the RLs see fit.
RLs do let 75s take patrols out if requested usually (some needing more convincing than others).

They just dont let 75s decide that themselves so they have that control (Giving ROEs and potentially altering the OBJ).

I'd happily run and/or coordinate supply/mini-missions with staff on my Phase 1 OTA (as I had done while 75 a couple times). Why not cop? Cuz my current one is 25

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae

97AB195341EFD09A79C68DA84DC938C623369544

zyzz-zyzz-dancing.gif

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
RL's need to start letting their faction do more or they can't complain when they don't get much GM work done for them.

Of course rebels are easier to GM for when you can take a gaggle of them out to do something on a whim.

Also good god stop caring about lost guns it's not CityRP. Let folks have fun lol.

Deleted member 38

john rebelrp
Nebulae
RL's need to start letting their faction do more or they can't complain when they don't get much GM work done for them.

Of course rebels are easier to GM for when you can take a gaggle of them out to do something on a whim.

Also good god stop caring about lost guns it's not CityRP. Let folks have fun lol.
i have dropped about 10 guns and 3 of them were aks.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i have dropped about 10 guns and 3 of them were aks.
For my context as cop or as rebel?

E: Deduced you were rebel based on roster, regardless of idc much and rn I believe we somehow got a surplus on some weapons but dont take my word on it.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i am rebel main

john rebelrp
My mortal enemy but yeah, refer to my edit.

Generally I dont have much view on the weapon situation, might get one today so I can discuss better.

And in-so-far my opinion is on the matter, we need some more ways for cops to go out. I see the reasons for both perspectives... Ive got an idea

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

god damn rabid posted this?

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
it was a staff member messing around though, just like the helicopter it's fodder that they pull out for whatever reason and promptly get thrown in the bin when they're done with it

the helicopter's gone because a bunch of cops shot at it with h&k trash & I still have no clue why the GRAD truck is driving around, or why none of the event/other staff know about it
@TommyGman

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The GRAD truck is only making appearances as part of the setup for a later event myself and @Numbers will be doing together. Any retaliation to clearly event-related rebel actions should be met with a similar calibre of thematic setpieces that don’t do any actual damage or mass destruction to real players or their infrastructure but demonstrate a bigger picture at play.

It’s also there among with plenty other things staff are doing rn to give a sense of a much wider, more well organised resistance with the help of Lambda at the wheel to provide things like helicopters, artillery, EMPs etc for the much bigger objectives, much like how lambda offered one to the region in Apoc to help provide an answer to the rebuilding mainframe.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
most of the time, i died to my own vortbeam while last time I literally shot out in the open and still killed myself. It's fun doing battles but why does this keep happening?!

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
but also forgetting fact that its easier to get item-heavy events gm'd for you when you're more frequently outside of base (even within city perimeter)
but that's not how things worked for Civil Protection, ever
not on the previous maps and certainly not on previous iterations
we are an OOCly heavily regulated purely reactionary force a week into the map with zero objectives, our gear is standing still (or even getting worse if you take battery shortages into account) and the "solution" we're being offered on the forums is walking around a city that's empty 80% of the time (the remaining 20 is rebels setting up ambushes or stragglers). if we were to draw any conclusions from what happened so far, we're incentivized to just sit all day in base because we have no reason to go out. we still do to poke the rebels from time to time (with varying results) because otherwise the server would be boring as fuck
Well, uh... that stings. I felt happy when I got from 25 to 50 not too long ago - like some modicum of trust was placed on me. Maybe I couldn't clear even that low bar without a pity promotion.
we started handing out rank 50 like candy during the first map because USP cops were getting absolutely shredded and we needed to diversify gear
rank 75 doesn't hold that much weight either - we can't gatekeep it because it's the pathway into OTA, an intended progression on the server. making it a leadership role is about to make things much more convoluted

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
but that's not how things worked for Civil Protection, ever
not on the previous maps and certainly not on previous iterations
we are an OOCly heavily regulated purely reactionary force a week into the map with zero objectives, our gear is standing still (or even getting worse if you take battery shortages into account) and the "solution" we're being offered on the forums is walking around a city that's empty 80% of the time (the remaining 20 is rebels setting up ambushes or stragglers). if we were to draw any conclusions from what happened so far, we're incentivized to just sit all day in base because we have no reason to go out. we still do to poke the rebels from time to time (with varying results) because otherwise the server would be boring as fuck

we started handing out rank 50 like candy during the first map because USP cops were getting absolutely shredded and we needed to diversify gear
rank 75 doesn't hold that much weight either - we can't gatekeep it because it's the pathway into OTA, an intended progression on the server. making it a leadership role is about to make things much more convoluted
The worst part is I think you just accurately described the state of the Combine side on this map better than anyone else ever has.

One of the biggest issues I think rn is just a simple lack of objectives for cops, last map there was multiple facilities like ration access, airwatch deployment, canister artillery, transhumanisation centre, the Spire and more they had to protect and were constantly needed for, areas that through interaction advanced their capabilities and weren’t built in the comfort of their own base.

On this map there is not a single combine-occupied or relevant structure outside of the main forcefield that isn’t the Transhuman facility, and its purpose and security is already well established and automated. They already have a steady flow of food, trains that constantly deliver new resources IC, canister deployment at their own base and more.

I’ll take some responsibility for doing so much with the mainframe and spire last map but for Asheville I’m creatively uninspired and don’t have as much time as I did during Apoc, I’m focusing on much more smaller world building and passive focused events.

A series of distinct and deliberate combine objectives that rebels can also see as objectives of their own to disrupt / destroy that isn’t guarded by an OOC elite garrison is what this map really needs rn.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
think ull find this is just a vocal minority cus i rlly aint heard much complaining from the resistance aside from on-the-spot annoyance at stupid shit/mistakes

we're - to the day - a month in, it's gonna take a bit of time to reach some sort of ultimate balance where as many people as possible are happy

I don't think we need ultimate balance - There will never be. I think people need to eventually get used to how easy and light hearted the gamemode is, that they can die and get their stuff back no problem, they have a crazy arsenal at their disposition they can try for free, and enjoy their shooty shooty as well as RP (I think we have a good balance of both at the moment even if many prefer the bulleting).

It's better than it used to be, sure, but the kinda attitude that gets thrown at Combine players over any kind of substantial, proactive action or retaliation is still absolutely atrocious. No wonder so many of them are so jaded about it. A month in, and from the perspective of the average cop player, things probably don't look that great as far as avoiding the crippling 'status quo' issues previous iterations've had. Which was, in of itself, a draw of this new iteration to begin with.

It's this, mainly. Nothing about winning or losing, just the generally shit attitude that honestly makes me, whether Combine or Resistance, want to reply ban people from these threads because all they do is throw snarky remarks and dodgy passive-aggressive memes and then have their friends join on the harassment.

In fact we might just do that, to tackle shit attitudes individually and directly (like when the cop main-rebel main shit happened), rather than keep trying to be reasonable with unreasonable people.

Last edited:

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
city that's empty 80% of the time
It's empty half the time because rank leaders' patrol spontaneity is so fucking unpredictable that staff can't actually do anything for you without immense preparation & communication

I've offered your guys more freedom to move around but you refuse to allow others to do it because "they're too stupid" – in essence, you want me to spoonfeed only the RANK LEADERS new objectives, not the rest of the faction, because you think they are too inept to tackle anything without you micromanaging them anyway

Yes, you cannot gatekeep the 75 rank, but you can still differentiate leader-like players with a simple datafile note to highlight who takes precedence in leading teams. Nobody said you couldn't, after all

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
It's empty half the time because rank leaders' patrol spontaneity is so fucking unpredictable that staff can't actually do anything for you without immense preparation & communication

I've offered your guys more freedom to move around but you refuse to allow others to do it because "they're too stupid" – in essence, you want me to spoonfeed only the RANK LEADERS new objectives, not the rest of the faction, because you think they are too inept to tackle anything without you micromanaging them anyway

Yes, you cannot gatekeep the 75 rank, but you can still differentiate leader-like players with a simple datafile note to highlight who takes precedence in leading teams. Nobody said you couldn't, after all

You could mark their datafile with an "S.I." notation

Status
Not open for further replies.