Not open for further replies.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the rank leaders dont have a say in who gets in the faction, tho

but they have a responsibility to train those who do

and i swear to god if they don't have a responsibility then fuck me whats the point of the rank

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
The absolute fucking audacity and hubris involved in stating that your own faction members are “retards”.

Imagine thinking yourself that much more intelligent or talented than the people that YOU judged were sufficient to be in your faction.

If your faction’s full of morons, that’s due to YOUR poor management. An employer that takes on exclusively weak employees is the one at blame.

Here’s an idea, why don’t you, rather than sitting on your ivory tower and pretending you’re great at everything, support your faction members, run training and write guides. Sheesh. I hate to play the “back in my day” card, but this wouldn’t have flown back in 2018.

his faction is filled with retards

source: im retarded

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the rank leaders dont have a say in who gets in the faction, tho
They are in leadership positions. They should be leading by example, not belittling people with less experience. Someone that the faction leaders are willing to place at the top of the hierarchy should be held to a higher account, and if you’re not willing to act that way, you don’t deserve your position - simple as that.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We have a good opportunity with this map and server mindset to experiment and explore and I think that should be capitalised on.

Let 75s go out on patrols within the City up to the bridge and barricades with a minimum of 3-4 other units but make it so any patrols without a rank leader or phase 2 OTA put all within the PT at risk of a derank should they die, promotion cooldown of X days.

The 75s that lead patrols and repeatedly die and get their units killed in ambushes or hyper aggressive skirmishes without proper planning will very quickly get singled out as not fit with that responsibility, units won’t go out with them and it’s very very easy to just not promote them in the future till they do something to prove themselves if they really want to join OTA. Just because they can get promoted in X days doesn’t mean they should be.

Because so many quote unquote ‘incompetent’ units are within 75 at the moment, do something to identify the wheat from the chaff and give out details or extra responsibility where one sees fit.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
b) I die inside when I see a 75 throw one of our last grenades straight into water to try to kill a rebel who's on the other side of the river
I threw that grenade. I threw it because no one communicates ICly. Had I know he has moved I wouldn't have thrown the grenade.

I'll throw another grenade because grenades are made to be thrown.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
just let em go out

if they lose all their shit and you have to scrounge for supplies and go full berlin 1945 then so bet it cool rp

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Going to be restarting the server at 5PM today (90 minutes) to test a potential remedy of the lag which has been impacting the server recently, so as the night goes on let me know how it has been.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
those cops go galavanting half way across the map and die then that's on them and it should get them punished.
I agree, but the current system does not support it.
shouldn't mean the majority of cops who aren't 75's or RL's are stuck kicking rocks all day if someone wants to take them out to do something.
But I am, just like the rest, "stuck kicking rocks" because there's nothing other than death out there.
I have one of the highest playtimes within the playerbase and I tell you that while patrolling the city cops are met with various NPCs, event sniper chars or real rebels. The way you're portraying this is as if the city was some event/roleplay-rich environment and that RLs are holding other cops back from it which I assure you NOT to be the case. If this is to change then the change must come from the event team.
If you're saying yes to them all anyway despite claiming they're all handicapped then why do they need to ask at all?
At no point did I say they're all handicapped, I'm just saying the current bar for what's supposed to become a leadership role is artificially lowered because it's part of the path to becoming OTA. There is a reason RL is not an easily attainable rank.
The absolute fucking audacity and hubris involved in stating that your own faction members are “retards”.
Is this aimed at me? Because I did not any point call anyone a retard.
Imagine thinking yourself that much more intelligent or talented than the people that YOU judged were sufficient to be in your faction.

If your faction’s full of morons, that’s due to YOUR poor management. An employer that takes on exclusively weak employees is the one at blame.
Is your point here that the whitelist should be more gatekept? Because I don't agree with that, but who gets and doesn't get whitelisted isn't my choice regardless.
Here’s an idea, why don’t you, rather than sitting on your ivory tower and pretending you’re great at everything, support your faction members, run training and write guides. Sheesh. I hate to play the “back in my day” card, but this wouldn’t have flown back in 2018.
Your criticism falls flat because I DID write guides way back in the day (I don't anymore because forums get wiped too often), I did and still do train people (even as recent as the last map actually).
I threw that grenade. I threw it because no one communicates ICly. Had I know he has moved I wouldn't have thrown the grenade.

I'll throw another grenade because grenades are made to be thrown.
👌 is IC issue after all

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
but make it so any patrols without a rank leader or phase 2 OTA put all within the PT at risk of a derank should they die, promotion cooldown of X days.

i just wouldnt lead patrols, nor join patrols led by a 75

why are rebels and RLs allowed to walk about and die with impunity but 75 is this magical realm where suddenly a random death via shootout means I'm incompetent

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also, yeah, I don't disagree with Tommy or Simman that cops need goals/other stuff to guard and check up on. That's a given.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
But I am, just like the rest, "stuck kicking rocks" because there's nothing other than death out there.
I have one of the highest playtimes within the playerbase and I tell you that while patrolling the city cops are met with various NPCs, event sniper chars or real rebels. The way you're portraying this is as if the city was some event/roleplay-rich environment and that RLs are holding other cops back from it which I assure you NOT to be the case. If this is to change then the change must come from the event team.
see every post by the event team on here

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i just wouldnt lead patrols, nor join patrols led by a 75

why are rebels and RLs allowed to walk about and die with impunity but 75 is this magical realm where suddenly a random death via shootout means I'm incompetent
You’re not wrong. I just don’t really know what else to suggest that sees those unfit for the 75 rank be readjusted, patrols made way more available but those constantly throwing cops to their deaths identified that doesn’t punish the creativity / energy to organise patrols in the first place.

It’s a tough one to crack whilst I’m brainstorming at work

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
On a lighter note, @Numbers as a first time SD has managed to do a very hard concept and keep an active server for a solid month.

So props to him and all of the staff/event team.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
On a lighter note, @Numbers as a first time SD has managed to do a very hard concept and keep an active server for a solid month.

massive props to the staff, event team and everyone involved

doing an absolutely amazing job keep up the great work

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

massive props to the staff, event team and everyone involved

doing an absolutely amazing job keep up the great work
Couldn't agree more honestly

Stellar work so far. A few bumps are to be expected

Status
Not open for further replies.