Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Yeah you're right, but I'd love to hear who he was accusing of harassing both players and staff members over multiple channels.

I'm getting kind of tired of people throwing the stone and hiding the hand. I had not heard any similar reports anywhere and it's a serious thing I'd have tackled IF it had reached our ears at all.
I flat out said I wasn't going to respond to @Simman102's bait after he tried to coerce me with access to a bunch of closed channels and ancient drama logs, which is in rather poor taste. Haven't talked about it since Apoc but of course he's still rambling on about it.

If people want to come forward of their own accord or talk to the mods, it's on them, simman's the only person prolonging this BS by constantly bringing it up like a drama addict.

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
03537C5DDB3ED0908A8480A0CF98D6F05D8C5CEF

So... question, who were these two cops today? This was SUPER uncomfortable, he forced me to kiss roleplay someone.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I flat out said I wasn't going to respond to @Simman102's bait after he tried to coerce me with access to a bunch of closed channels and ancient drama logs, which is in rather poor taste. Haven't talked about it since Apoc but of course he's still rambling on about it.

If people want to come forward of their own accord or talk to the mods, it's on them, simman's the only person prolonging this BS by constantly bringing it up like a drama addict.
I miss the CCC thread so much you wouldn't even believe

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

If they're not coming forward with their evidence and talking to us at all, where's the complaint? Either come officially and contact us appropriately or don't do anything at all, just because someone did something (something nobody has reported and I have yet to see) it doesn't magically give you permission to fuel and even rekindle the drama publicly yourself to prove some point and attack his arguments and grow animosity.

You people are as addicted to it as he is if you don't perform the necessary steps so his shit is tackled and instead you join in and add onto the pile of issues. I'm not even going to ask you to excuse yourselves regardless, all I want is for this kind of stuff to simply disappear and if you have an issue come to us, not use it as flak for whenever Simman has a complaint because that will go nowhere, and the cycle will never end.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If they're not coming forward with their evidence and talking to us at all, where's the complaint? Either come officially and contact us appropriately or don't do anything at all, just because someone did something (something nobody has reported and I have yet to see) it doesn't magically give you permission to fuel and even rekindle the drama publicly yourself to prove some point and attack his arguments and grow animosity.

You people are as addicted to it as he is if you don't perform the necessary steps so his shit is tackled and instead you join in and add onto the pile of issues. I'm not even going to ask you to excuse yourselves regardless, all I want is for this kind of stuff to simply disappear and if you have an issue come to us, not use it as flak for whenever Simman has a complaint because that will go nowhere, and the cycle will never end.
no

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

You people are as addicted to it as he is if you don't perform the necessary steps so his shit is tackled and instead you join in and add onto the pile of issues. I'm not even asking you to excuse yourself regardless, all I want is for this kind of stuff to simply disappear and if you have an issue come to us, not use it as flak for whenever Simman has a complaint because that will go nowhere, and the cycle will never end.

I think the honest truth is that Simman has spent literally years cultivating - sometimes happily - the reputation he has. I'm sure he'll admit that himself, because he has before.

So when he comes into the feedback thread the way he has in the past - making jabs and claiming rebel bias - It reads the same way it has for years and years; like he's biased and with an agenda, complaining when things don't go the way of the faction he mains.

I'm not saying he deserves to be dogpiled at all but people aren't just going to forget what he's known for when he comes in kicking up dust.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there's just too many trolls on these forums imo

Nebulae
We said "no, what?" to the idea of ALL 75s having the ability to deploy teams on their own when it was brought up in a non-formalized voice chat because:
a) it does not solve any issues and we do not refuse anything they ask for
b) I die inside when I see a 75 throw one of our last grenades straight into water to try to kill a rebel who's on the other side of the river
c) we eventually give 75 to anybody if they don't show gross incompetence ICly
Just because somebody made it to 75 does not mean I (I assume this goes for other RLs as well in some capacity) feel comfortable granting all of them the ability to endanger limited resources we are collectively responsible for, especially considering that with how NLR works, if the 75 dies (which they most likely will if they mess up) they face absolutely zero punishment. Should the two aforementioned issues be alleviated (refunds upon death in the city? unlimited default inventory? derank upon death due to bad leadership? us gatekeeping the rank more?), I would have absolutely zero qualms with people doing their own things if so they desire.

There is no evidence supporting this.

bro!!!

its a fuckin video game!!!

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
not use it as flak for whenever Simman has a complaint
Yes, because clearly I was the one who brought it up and not simman when he wanted to bitch about how @Numbers is running things.

SMH man, this is the first time this has come up since Apoc and you're railing on me for defending myself against simman's inanity.

You people are as addicted to it as he is if you don't perform the necessary steps so his shit is tackled
What, do the reporting myself?

I'm not affected, I do know who was, but it's not my position to demand they perform that. Ball's in their court, not mine.

I will say that his attempts to bribe me were pretty shitty, considering he tried to offer me closed access to certain channels that I had no business being in, and you know this because you overheard part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.