Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Could do with a cover placement pass on the bridge haha.
rebels and CPs alike all hunched at the support beams with nobody able to push without overwhelming firepower, as all the cover is perfectly aligned along the length of the track. bit more setup like the crashed razor train would be good, makes it more interesting for that long stretch when fights take place on either end of the bridge.
build one idk
hy.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Reckon I'll take a few days or week off the server, been very difficult to pursue my ic goals and activities as combat has been really heavy the past several days, got me fatigued as i can't reach areas that interest me or combat keeps forcing me elsewhere.

Combat on this map is a struggle, largely from the intense distance, fighting on the borders of the fog and really wierd positions especially with city, i have mixed feelings about being engaged by players in what looks like traditionally unreachable posistions (some facade building roofs)

Reactions: List

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Reckon I'll take a few days or week off the server, been very difficult to pursue my ic goals and activities as combat has been really heavy the past several days, got me fatigued as i can't reach areas that interest me or combat keeps forcing me elsewhere.

Combat on this map is a struggle, largely from the intense distance, fighting on the borders of the fog and really wierd positions especially with city, i have mixed feelings about being engaged by players in what looks like traditionally unreachable posistions (some facade building roofs)
I do think resistance and/or (especially) independent players should be allowed and even encouraged to similarly adapt the urban environment to their own needs as well, honestly, as long as the idea isn’t wholly absurd or unsustainable.

If that is the case, though, then it should be similarly permissible for Combine to have more wiggle room in the outskirts. Really kick up the asymmetry that the map has so much potential for.

Combat on this map by and large really can seem like a slog of trying to tell one dark shape from another, though, and I’m sorry it’s worn you out. If you want to message me on Steam, I’d be happy to see what I can do to help ease the issues you’ve been having with your personal character goals.

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
Combat can be opted out entirely so long as you don't carry a gun when it comes to combine vs rebel, holstered or otherwise on you, a uniform will probably put people on edge and they'll undoubtfully search you but the rule is no gun, no execution as you aren't considered an insurgent

I don't know who plays the Fisherman but everybody on the CP side knows that man does not carry around a radio or a weapon outside of his Harpoon and the worst thing that has ever been done to him is get tossed off the side of the bridge, a man of true fishing commitment and a beacon of knowledge.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Combat can be opted out entirely so long as you don't carry a gun when it comes to combine vs rebel, holstered or otherwise on you, a uniform will probably put people on edge and they'll undoubtfully search you but the rule is no gun, no execution as you aren't considered an insurgent

I don't know who plays the Fisherman but everybody on the CP side knows that man does not carry around a radio or a weapon outside of his Harpoon and the worst thing that has ever been done to him is get tossed off the side of the bridge, a man of true fishing commitment and a beacon of knowledge.
@Alexander The Great

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Not to sound like a dickhead or anything, but you can make your own RP and such. Like me for instance... im whilst all things considered this is a nod to an IRL event, I'm doing it because it's funny and something fun for the Rebels to engage in.

Let your creative juices flow and do something your character would. Pick their niche. Some cops are medRPers. Some are Engineers and Some are just fucking mental like me.
(FOR COMBINE) there must be some context first. "making your own rp" doesn't occur in a vacuum.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
As said by Brandon pretty well, if you don't look like an Insurgent and if you don't have a gun on your when searched you're typically let go as long as you aren't being a bother. It's pretty sad when there's so much map and we're essentially confined to one half because of all the combat that goes on.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
As said by Brandon pretty well, if you don't look like an Insurgent and if you don't have a gun on your when searched you're typically let go as long as you aren't being a bother. It's pretty sad when there's so much map and we're essentially confined to one half because of all the combat that goes on.
I am going to say that in theory there is little difference from the apocalypse map in terms of where combat can occur.

Issue is that players do seek something to do objective wise and in the absence of such default back to the most basic objective. Speaking from a combine-perspective that is to patrol the 'Area of Operations', Combat Zone or map they have been given or to assault insurgents.

E: This means that due to the lack of objectives, player conflict is widespread instead of focused. Which while it provides it's own interest can harm people seeking to avoid conflict (As you can't avoid the 'hotspots' generated by objectives)

I've been meaning to find something in regards to objectives to be planned but in light of me having no access to staff tools I wanted to approach specific staff with the idea but it is probably helpfull if I post it generally.

While the event(s) itself is basic, it effectively serves as a simple but dynamic objective for both sides (daily if possible but everyone has schedules).

Defending side gets forewarning about a shipment coming in, a damaged vessel flying overhead or otherwise to prepare and will likely be the first at the 'objective', attacking side gets informed through events ('A smoke plume', 'An explosion') and will likely move to inhibit the other side. As a reward for successfully holding it for a time or kicking off the defenders you are awarded supplies (Ammo for weapons is the most universally rewarding, but batteries for cops or medical scripts for rebels are examples)

An combine-defensive example would be: "Warning, BOOMER-X-X has sustained critical damage and is going down around (as specific location as you want it to be)", Combine move to defend and if you want a timer you can make it so the pod needs to reboot itself and will open in Y time.

An rebel-defensive example would be: "XXX.X frequency: Hey! We've got a convoy coming in but we're being chased by hunters- we're not gonna make it long please prepare some help!" and then somewhere on the map the destroyed convoy is spawned in, the hunters or chaser moving on and the rebels hopefully being faster.

Effectivelly remember that objectives from event staff dont have to be map-born or stationary, there is a greater conflict and both sides are fighting and it can effect on-map events.

Last edited:

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Where is the prison on the server like or is it just a single jail thing

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
One for CP players
If you're putting down mines around a prop build, please give some distance away from prop doors that don't physically open, since nobody can OOC'ly see them until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.