Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've got a wee bit of feedback for this map at least.

WTF are we doing? I'm sat here as a CP playing with my worm and RPing with other units and not much else. I'll probably end up getting bored in a few days and stop playing until a map change or something.

So far the loop for me has been this:

Get on the server, RP with the units that are on, go on a patrol and get into a fight (doesn't happen about 60% of the time), either win that fight or pull back, MedRP/RecoveryRP if I need to and then go back to RPing with the units, repeat.

At Azov there was an objective. At first it was to uphold stability in the prison and just act like Prison Guards. Once that was out the window with the breakout we all sort of knew the next big thing was the Lighthouse.

Here? There's a facility near our Garrison that has so far turned its lights on and back off again. There's no objective. We've no clue what the fuck we're here for.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've got a wee bit of feedback for this map at least.

WTF are we doing? I'm sat here as a CP playing with my worm and RPing with other units and not much else. I'll probably end up getting bored in a few days and stop playing until a map change or something.

So far the loop for me has been this:

Get on the server, RP with the units that are on, go on a patrol and get into a fight (doesn't happen about 60% of the time), either win that fight or pull back, MedRP/RecoveryRP if I need to and then go back to RPing with the units, repeat.

At Azov there was an objective. At first it was to uphold stability in the prison and just act like Prison Guards. Once that was out the window with the breakout we all sort of knew the next big thing was the Lighthouse.

Here? There's a facility near our Garrison that has so far turned its lights on and back off again. There's no objective. We've no clue what the fuck we're here for.

Not to sound like a dickhead or anything, but you can make your own RP and such. Like me for instance... im whilst all things considered this is a nod to an IRL event, I'm doing it because it's funny and something fun for the Rebels to engage in.

Let your creative juices flow and do something your character would. Pick their niche. Some cops are medRPers. Some are Engineers and Some are just fucking mental like me.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Not to sound like a dickhead or anything, but you can make your own RP and such. Like me for instance... im whilst all things considered this is a nod to an IRL event, I'm doing it because it's funny and something fun for the Rebels to engage in.

Let your creative juices flow and do something your character would. Pick their niche. Some cops are medRPers. Some are Engineers and Some are just fucking mental like me.
We do. I've taken part in quite a few scenarios that occurred within our base and outside of it. I'm just saying we have no clue what we're here to do.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
We do. I've taken part in quite a few scenarios that occurred within our base and outside of it. I'm just saying we have no clue what we're here to do.

Oh, you make a good point, but from asking around i deduced we're here to reinstate combine infrastructure and stamp out rebel intefereance.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Oh, you make a good point, but from asking around i deduced we're here to reinstate combine infrastructure and stamp out rebel intefereance.
Not done much reinstating really. We can't even go very far and it took multiple terrible ambushes and combat scenarios in the single apartment block to even stick a forcefield down.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i will echo that it doesnt feel like theres that much of a central objective or event running through this map - whether on the rebel or cp side, like there was the spire and outposts on the last map. maybe its just less obvious this time around. i am still having fun tho and all the event staff are killing it

Last edited:

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i will echo that it doesnt feel like theres that much of a central objective or event running through this map - whether on the rebel or cp side, like there was the spire and outposts on the last map. maybe its just less obvious this time around. i am still having fun tho and all the event staff are killing it
this map does have something yes as will every map we go to

im not fully in the know (mainly cus i tend not to involve myself a ton in the main shit) but i know shit's being talked about and planned

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
not every map needs immediately spoonfed objectives, people are pretty good at creating conflicts on their own while staff take their time to get inspired to make new shit

we arent as slow-moving as we were back then in the cities. having a lack of spoonfed objective for a bit is completely fine while people learn to accommodate for themselves as well

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
not every map needs immediately spoonfed objectives, people are pretty good at creating conflicts on their own while staff take their time to get inspired to make new shit

we arent as slow-moving as we were back then in the cities. having a lack of spoonfed objective for a bit is completely fine while people learn to accommodate for themselves as well
Plus if we just create objectives that were thought about in a week, chances are that the plot feels rushed/incomplete, or if people do it faster than expected (lighthouse vortigaunts) we need to have alternative solutions ready.

To be frank, we are not sleeping on the topic, we are touching up the last bits as we know what the set baseline is, its goals and thus we are leaving people time to roleplay, get equipped, form groups, etc.

In comparison to the depot and apoc it is indeed way slower, but we have a map that makes sense to stay in longer as we are doing/pushing said goals.

~Server Administration + Event Staff

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
people do it faster than expected (lighthouse vortigaunts)
From a vortigaunt's PoV from that time, it honestly seemed the opposite. We were still trying to think of ways to approach the Arc by the time it started doing its doomsday thing. At that point, every vort was kinda like "Oh fuck we really need to teleport now" and did just that. It was a hail mary maneuver more than anything else.

I will admit that after the teleportation, I definitely was trying to rush things (because I thought it was a matter of minutes).
While everybody else was fighting the super soldier, I went up the lighthouse stairs (because one of the vorts said we should do that).
While everybody else was dealing with the core, I rushed inside the Arc itself (as per /localevents heavily hinting we should do that).

But hey, it's not like my rushing mattered a single bit. Since there was a whole fight going on across the map, what staff could oversee the vorts were more focused on those that were dealing with the core - so all of my /me's and /help messages about interacting with the Arc itself went under the radar of admins.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I have two ruleset changes to suggest
■ Switching characters enforces a cooldown of 10 minutes before you may enter any combat situation or patrol.
Clarify the above to only apply when changing sides (as in, doesn't apply when going CP -> OTA or swapping between rebel characters etc.). I am fairly certain that this is how the rule is enforced right now anyway
Healing mid-combat must be roleplayed properly and will be limited to one item per firefight. This restriction does not apply if you successfully retreat to a safe zone outside of the conflict (like for instance retreating inside a base). You are not allowed to return to combat until 15 minutes have passed since you retreated for treatment.
Change the "medical NLR" to 10 minutes. Given you have to factor in the retreat itself, it's currently more "worth" to just rush in to your death if you're low health and wait out the standard NLR (provided you can spare the gun being dropped)

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I don't think saying that event team mainly caters to rebels is controversial in any way because it's true
yeah true. it was always easier to work with and more freeform always has been
can do any sort of event at any level

cops are still limited by their access to facilities and other lore restrictions + the fact that they're union aligned so it makes it harder to make events with a lot of nuance. might be easier now that the citadel is blown out.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Could do with a cover placement pass on the bridge haha.
rebels and CPs alike all hunched at the support beams with nobody able to push without overwhelming firepower, as all the cover is perfectly aligned along the length of the track. bit more setup like the crashed razor train would be good, makes it more interesting for that long stretch when fights take place on either end of the bridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.