Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
i dont get why you'd want it to be a 50/50

rebels are never the winning team
they have never been the winning team
they are the underdog
you take what you can get
you get handed the biggest losses known to man and then point to the minuscule win and go "that was worth it"

the Resistance in Terminator did not whine that they were fighting robots
the Resistance in Star Wars did not whine that they had one planet to the Empire's thousands
the Resistance in Half-Life 2 did not whine that the Combine had AR2s and they had SMGs
u played HL2 and the episodes?

I’m pretty sure the Combine were taking a pretty massive L throughout the uprising. Most of the Combine Soldiers had SMGs (aside from the few that had ar2s). The rebels -did - infact had pulse weapons before.

The Combine are supposed to be on their weakest. They lost to White Forest whilst even the advisors got into control, they are permanently cut off from the Overworld, and most of numbers are being drawn to the artic (which they’re definitely going to get entirely fucked by the time HL3 rolls over).

The only losses that were present in the game the unarmed railroad points getting obliterated by the Civil Protection, and the loss of Black Mesa East (a suprised attack orchestrated by Judith Mossman). The reason why the there haven’t been significant losses to the Combine was solely because the Resistance were on the defensive 24/7 of the time than needed.

They’re literally the most morally good, and yet successful, survival groups in a sci-fi setting compared to the Terminator.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I’m pretty sure the Combine were taking a pretty massive L throughout the uprising. Most of the Combine Soldiers had SMGs (aside from the few that had ar2s). The rebels -did - infact had pulse weapons before.

The Combine are supposed to be on their weakest. They lost to White Forest whilst even the advisors got into control, they are permanently cut off from the Overworld, and most of numbers are being drawn to the artic (which they’re definitely going to get entirely fucked by the time HL3 rolls over).

The only losses that were present in the game the unarmed railroad points getting obliterated by the Civil Protection, and the loss of Black Mesa East (a suprised attack orchestrated by Judith Mossman). The reason why the there haven’t been significant losses to the Combine was solely because the Resistance were on the defensive 24/7 of the time than needed.

They’re literally the most morally good, and yet successful, survival groups in a sci-fi setting compared to the Terminator.

Gordon Freeman is the most successful rebel in a sci-fi setting

remove gordon freeman and count the W's the rebels would've had.

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae

rose tinted glasses

you're ignoring the amount of people that died in the brutality of white forest's siege alone to the seven or so striders that destroy so many of their outposts to shreds

ignoring the fact that the uprising was literally an improvised scenario due to nova prospekt getting boom'd and the subsequent citadel evac was not planned for well either. vortigaunts had to send freeman BACK IN to buy them more time to evacuate just a few more people

and the fact that despite all their efforts, eli vance still dies. the uprising started because gordon freeman went to go save eli vance and he died anyway

so what if x guy had y gun type, you're thinking with the perspective of a hl2rper

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think people have to keep in mind that your SD is literally the least biased headcop LP or Neb ever had who bent over backwards to help make RebelRP fun and mend relations at every turn while complaining constantly about red tape and other stuff. He nerfed cops into the ground for four months on C8 despite their complaints.

Your event team is packed with rebel mains.

I don't think you need to be worried about any kind of biases, but equally a server where the Combine blow over with the slightest sneeze is boring af. Look at Finus for an example of when that balance goes wrong because both sides are equal but one side actually massively outclasses the other.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think people have to keep in mind that your SD is literally the least biased headcop LP or Neb ever had who bent over backwards to help make RebelRP fun and mend relations at every turn while complaining constantly about red tape and other stuff. He nerfed cops into the ground for four months on C8 despite their complaints.

Your event team is packed with rebel mains.

I don't think you need to be worried about any kind of biases, but equally a server where the Combine blow over with the slightest sneeze is boring af. Look at Finus for an example of when that balance goes wrong because both sides are equal but one side actually massively outclasses the other.

dw i'll join the event team and every few days I'll just have a portal storm, tell every rebel to pick a number between 0 and 100 and then whatever one is closest to what I'm thinking of gets PKd

Russell

Proton
Nebulae
dw i'll join the event team and every few days I'll just have a portal storm, tell every rebel to pick a number between 0 and 100 and then whatever one is closest to what I'm thinking of gets PKd
respect

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also I sympathise with the fact rebels are taking L's, but the problem is quite literally the lack of organisation - and how do you solve that?

Do you cram everyone into a faction and enforce leads who people are forced to be listened to, which basically makes it two factions butting heads? Do you make event characters who'll take the brunt of the drama OOC if it doesn't pay off?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also I sympathise with the fact rebels are taking L's, but the problem is quite literally the lack of organisation - and how do you solve that?

Do you cram everyone into a faction and enforce leads who people are forced to listen to, which basically makes it two factions butting heads? Do you make event characters who'll take the brunt of the drama OOC if it doesn't pay off?

you accept the Ls as they come and stop whining about it on the forums

literally who cares that your virtual character didn't win in a virtual scenario

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
rose tinted glasses

you're ignoring the amount of people that died in the brutality of white forest's siege alone to the seven or so striders that destroy so many of their outposts to shreds

ignoring the fact that the uprising was literally an improvised scenario due to nova prospekt getting boom'd and the subsequent citadel evac was not planned for well either. vortigaunts had to send freeman BACK IN to buy them more time to evacuate just a few more people

and the fact that despite all their efforts, eli vance still dies. the uprising started because gordon freeman went to go save eli vance and he died anyway

so what if x guy had y gun type, you're thinking with the perspective of a hl2rper
You're also ignoring the fact that the Gman has been actively helping the Resistance and brought Eli back to life
The Vault in Half-Life Alyx was brought down by a teenage girl with a gun. You obviously cannot beat the Combine alone without an HEV suit, but most of these tasks (like destroying the striders in Ep2 with sticky bombs) can be still carried out by an armored caravan of regular humans be successful. The resistance still Gravity Guns (and even in forms of wearable gloves for crying out loud).

We are -not- in the timeline where Gordon Freeman hadn't existed in HL2. This is the (relativity close) timeline where the Combine are outsupported by Gman and his employers, the Vortigaunts, and nerdy Einsteins.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
The reasons why the rebels are so heavily disorganized right now was because there wasn't an official rebel faction, nor planned beforehand in the relaunch.

The CP remnants have actively played by admins, with Numbers commanding squads of them, whilst all of the rebel players are left with a bolly ball and with the occasional series of supply drop events. Of course people will be clueless on what to even do against the enemy faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.