What brought you to nebulous and what server do you prefer?

Which server do you prefer

• Total voters

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
I was really bored back when I used to play on a semi serious zombierp server (I even won GoldVIP somehow and was a master thief and good friends with the staff), and I decided to check out a gamemode called "HL2RP", and I joined a server owned by "Lemonpunch", but I didn't find the fun in it. I then joined another server called WW3RP owned by LP as well, and after getting my first char PKd due to unauthorized desertion, I made a new char and got hooked; I liked its serious tone of war compared to the semi-serious war servers. After about a month, I returned to HL2RP and found the fun in it eventually until the bastard shut down LP. After a few days of emptiness, boredom, memes and a denied Combine Control invite, some guys sent me links to both jokeflash and nebulous, but I decided to go neb, where I was re-introduced to HL2 again (Was, like before, not as interested in it at the start), but it wasn't until FT where I became a more active S̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶h̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ RPer again.

I play both, but as for the actual RP, I think HL2RP deserves more of my attention. Eventually.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 2337

What brought me to Nebulous HL2RP was the overall Immersion, When I first joined after a while I think what separated it for me from other HL2rp
Servers was the feel of life in the city there was always a realistic population on it and it feels as if there actually is a living breathing community in it with tons of Individual people each with a unique story and background with each of the characters, they all had a different feel to them and I found it Interesting and somewhat engaging along with the passive RP jobs you could acquire.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
since big man gurra decided to sink down lp, what else could i do?

take a hiatus and leave for year and a half to cure my gmod addiction of course. now i'm back at full force babee

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I played LP from time to time but it wasn't my main server at the shutdown time...

A lot of Neb guys actually came from a Black Mesa community called Aerolite which used the DarkRP format in a Semi-Serious environment. Oh and yes if you're wondering Aerolite did eventually morph into Apex which I'm sure lots of you 'S2K Gods' are familiar with.

Anyway, Aerolite was extremely fun and I met a lot of good guys on there but one day the Owner just snapped and couldn't take it any more which then led to the upstarting of one community which failed then another with the same results until we basically gave up and came to LP/Neb

Aerolite Team Represent

@Wheatley - Owner of SST with the 2nd biggest coding bonanza I've ever seen
@Mesa - HECU commander and Black Mesa extremist who would kill for a BM:RP community
@Redhunter - High security sergeant and inhabitant of a fucking amazing E2 base which practically covered the whole of Sector C
@Earthnov - High Security Corporal and local nebulous shitposter

Oh, and everyone here will know the infamous Clanof23, the Scourge of Black Mesa and fucking god tier coder and mapper.​

Captain Cardgage

Possibly Union Bias
Nebulae
I joined due to the fact this had a community that had been active around my time scale and the fact high command wasn't a thing with edgy staff that says you auto lose the fight because of a /me

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I came to nebulous because every other HL2RP server is a conglomerate of fecal matter.

then I quit HL2RP and just stalk forums for that sweet sweet purple disk nectar

D

Deleted member 930

I played LP from time to time but it wasn't my main server at the shutdown time...

A lot of Neb guys actually came from a Black Mesa community called Aerolite which used the DarkRP format in a Semi-Serious environment. Oh and yes if you're wondering Aerolite did eventually morph into Apex which I'm sure lots of you 'S2K Gods' are familiar with.

Anyway, Aerolite was extremely fun and I met a lot of good guys on there but one day the Owner just snapped and couldn't take it any more which then led to the upstarting of one community which failed then another with the same results until we basically gave up and came to LP/Neb

Aerolite Team Represent

@Wheatley - Owner of SST with the 2nd biggest coding bonanza I've ever seen
@Mesa - HECU commander and Black Mesa extremist who would kill for a BM:RP community
@Redhunter - High security sergeant and inhabitant of a fucking amazing E2 base which practically covered the whole of Sector C
@Earthnov - High Security Corporal and local nebulous shitposter

Oh, and everyone here will know the infamous Clanof23, the Scourge of Black Mesa and fucking god tier coder and mapper.​
shitposter....I feel honored.

TedHatty

Proton
Nebulae
One day, like two years ago I saw this gamemode, HL2RP. I really wanted to give it a try, and then I saw LP had a server with the gm, and since I knew the LP community was pretty famous and the other servers were
a conglomerate of fecal matter.
I decided to try it. It got me bored a couple of hours then, but the day after I decided to join again, which I played until it closed. I heard then that a new one named Nebulous opened up, I decided to join an play the GM again, without even knowing it was hosted by some of the old staff members of LP.

D

Deleted member 930

People got so pissed when Finley (Not that one) made us a separate HUD through wire it was fucking hilarious
I can remember what we did to those who didn't really agreed with our terms

Evie

eternal No-Lifer/resident Vampire
Nebulae
I have always been here.
I am everywhere.

... I am undunkable.

No, honestly, I'm a LemonPunch veteran and I wanted to kms* after LemonPunch died, but I heard rumours.. tales of a supposed.... newwwwwwwwwww era.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED! ^_^ :'DDDD

(*not rlly, I didn't wanna kms, it's a joke, shuddup.. :/)

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Was on LP for the last few months of it's life, bailed when I heard it was dying, heard nebulous was starting up and shoved my ass in as quick as I could.

Obviously I prefer HL2RP, given it's a lot slower paced for my tastes an the lore is much preferable. In saying that, I've never been in favour of following strict canon.

Evie

eternal No-Lifer/resident Vampire
Nebulae
Was on LP for the last few months of it's life, bailed when I heard it was dying, heard nebulous was starting up and shoved my ass in as quick as I could.

Obviously I prefer HL2RP, given it's a lot slower paced for my tastes an the lore is much preferable. In saying that, I've never been in favour of following strict canon.
You always DID love shoving your ass into things.
Or was it that you love shoving things into your ass?

I never got that part right...

EDIT: HOW IS IT A BAD IDEA?! WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING, @Subeh?! Don't scare me like this, you play MOSLAK, DAMN IT! (also check my bio I updated you, you might find it interesting........)

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
Saw HL2rp on youtube, found it interesting so I joined LP and that's where it all started

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
you watched someone roleplay on youtube..?
I did it too I confess

Not much mind you, but that's actually how I found it in the first place, years ago. I just never got into it.