What do you guys do for a living? / Dockworker AMA

• Thread starter Deleted member 3129
  • Start date

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
Traded a small account to get starter cash
used starter cash to pay to take tests to trade on behalf of a company (bigger account)
traded said account to accumulate money to have a big account myself
stopped trading for company, trade only for myself
piled up cash and created a portfolio
Invested into a common pool at a hedgefund
living off of passive income from diversified investments and private personal trading
waiting for the next financial crisis to buy property
thinking of renting cars for people to drive uber?

realizing that being "retired" in your twenties is actually.. kinda not that fun? at least it's not what i thought it would be. but then again covid, so have been stuck for nearly two years... will see how it is when everything is back to normal
posts like these make me extremely glad I picked economics and at the same time scare me to no end

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Is that dividend which is your passive income? Assuming you're trading stocks as opposed to whatever.
I trade currencies. Stocks I hold (just like crypto), because if you're trading stocks, you can't really get the dividends.

I don't like individual stocks too much, to be honest. I prefer indicies because them collapsing is way harder and the middle class is absolutely dead and obliterated, meaning companies are gonna continue to grow which makes the indicies grow (things like US30, SPX500, NAS100, GER30 etc)

the crazy capitalist mode we're living in right now, where companies are just buying out each other and killing competition makes things way simpler and more 'stable'

Reactions: List

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I've a small sum invested in passively transformed funds such as funds featuring the top 500 companies both on an international scale and on a national scale with only danish companies in them. Regardless, they pay a small number of dividends, but I'd need a couple of million dollars invested for it to be half-decent.

I've always seen trading currencies as a gamble, or so I've been taught since they're so stable.

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
University

@Havok I like your line of work, I once thought about taking a degree in Logistics & Transportation management at the Naval Institute in here but ended up going with my first option.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
worked for KFC and quit, went to Ikea for almost half an year and now I'm quitting again with hopes of joining the police academy to become a detective

failed due to partial colorblindness

so now I do logistics 4 hours a day for a thousand bucks monthly + university

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I do deliveries for an amazon dsp but im ending that this summer for an internship before schooling

a lotta the complainers about how amazon treats employees are pretty overblown. people piss in bottles and all because they skip their lunch breaks trying to end their 10 hour shift early like its a 9 to 5 job then complain that amazon is rushing them. granted thats provided that your 3rd party provider also treats you well

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yesterday I got 52 apartment stops, and almost all of them were group stops - meaning that I had 3-4 apartments per stop. They were 3 stories and had no elevator, and for some reason only like 3 mother fuckers ordered anything on the bottom floor. The complex was massive and I was stuck between the 58 apartment blocks from 9 to 4:00 climbing stairs.

On top of that, the routing system for each stop was completely fucked up and tried sending me from one corner of the two blocks to the other corner constantly. There was also no parking spaces as my van's clearance wouldn't physically fit anywhere so for those near 7 hours I was just stuck behind people trying to leave the apartments with my hazards on. After all of that it was very smooth, I even got sent to Grove street.

Midway through my apartment struggle dispatch sent someone to come help me out, but instead of actually helping me this person just took two of my residential bags of packages then went to deliver those. Towards the end I decided to trust the GPS routing over actually reading the address on one of the buildings, climbed up to the third floor and then across the street spotted the address I was meant to be at. It took every part of me to not launch the package across like a frisbee to their door.
IMG_20211023_093416289.jpg

20211023_131701.jpg

QVopfpD.jpg

f9FfNMC.jpg

One major issue at amazon, like my last post about it is the people that sprint to every one of their stops. When they do that and rush, it makes it so the system that sets up our routes filled with a greater number of stops. It sees these idiots running and doing a 10 hour shift by 5 or 6 and then expects everyone to speed up, thus giving us 300-400 packages. These apartments were only meant to be the first quarter of my day, since I had 5 more bags of regular residential and business stops to make afterwards.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I live in Arizona, this guy put down his Arizona address. The delivery note tells me that I need to drive all the way to Oregon to deliver his package
Of course I just dropped it off at the place I was already at and ignored the note
czrpN1C.jpg

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I live in Arizona, this guy put down his Arizona address. The delivery note tells me that I need to drive all the way to Oregon to deliver his package
Of course I just dropped it off at the place I was already at and ignored the note
czrpN1C.jpg
lol owned maybe put the correct address next time lol

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
I slam the keyboard and program comes out the other side and boom now you can track your whole fleet of vehicles, employees and business finances or smth idk

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm a simp

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
delivered to the salt river indian reservation today. had almost no service or gps functionality and there was literally hundreds on hundreds of stray dogs running around

I also delivered to a house that looks like every serial killers cabin and it was honestly a tad scary. it was also pretty funny at the same time since I had a momma dog and her pups legit steal one of my packages
20211101_140932.jpg
20211101_140502.jpg

20211101_155631.jpg

Samurai Jack

String
Nebulae
Personally, I host a PVE server in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and also in Minecraft. But since the first game is slowly dying (its community) --> I am looking for other ways to receive money from players. Plus I also want to change my hosting server. Right now looking at https://www.cloud4u.com/cloud-hosting/gpu/ and its GPU features. However, have some doubts.

Along with that, I am a teacher of English in secondary school in Spain, in Valencia. Unfortunately, most of the children from my class died from COVID during the first wave. Ten people were left out of 20.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Personally, I host a PVE server in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and also in Minecraft. But since the first game is slowly dying (its community) --> I am looking for other ways to receive money from players. Plus I also want to change my hosting server. Right now looking at https://www.cloud4u.com/cloud-hosting/gpu/ and its GPU features. However, have some doubts.

Along with that, I am a teacher of English in secondary school in Spain, in Valencia. Unfortunately, most of the children from my class died from COVID during the first wave. Ten people were left out of 20.
let people pay money for the lowest form of staff status and you'll make bank