How Do You Feel About Your Job

• Love It

• Neutral

• Hate It

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
I work as a software engineer, I love it although its quite tiring.

I am hoping to get some more qualifications in terms of computer science, so I am looking at going back to uni.

Reactions: List
D

Dazza

I am a road worker - tarring roads, building paths, laying kerb and all that jazz. It pays £7.20/$10.25 an hour which is about £2 more than my employer is legally required to pay me so I guess I can't complain. Getting up at 5am is shit and so is the job in general but my colleagues are some of the nicest guys I've known. Keeps me fit too, so I'm sticking at it for a little longer.

Don't want to do it forever, it's a dead-end job. I'm going to apply for the Police at the end of the year as well as apply for a combat systems engineering apprenticeship as a contingency plan.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Everyone involved in internet roleplay does drama.

On-topic

I joined the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs after earning my bachelor's degree and initially started as a junior security analyst with the Directie Veiligheid, Crisisbeheersing en Integriteit, which is a supporting directorate responsible for risk evaluation, safety of personnel abroad, screening of employees and internal investigation & development.
I'm very satisfied with my line of work, I was able to pursue my Master's degree and currently my doctorate through special programs to further educate existing staff, as such I've held a different position within the department every year for the past three years.

Once I earn my doctoral degree I'll be transferring to a similar position in a department under the Ministry of the Interior, as that would allow me to skip traffic and work in the city in which I currently live, Zoetermeer.

I must say I've been quite lucky getting this job, as I was part of a first wave of recruitment done by the government to increase the size of the various departments handling safety & security, and my Bachelor's degree (Safety & Security Management) being a completely new field of study at the time.
Highly irregular hours and the ability to do a lot of work from home allows me considerable freedom and an actual personal life as well.

I'm not going to spell out how much I earn because it's none of ya'll goshdarn business.
I can say i do roleplay and dont do drama.

I mean, I probs could, but i dont.
[doublepost=1465767752][/doublepost]
I work as a software engineer, I love it although its quite tiring.

I am hoping to get some more qualifications in terms of computer science, so I am looking at going back to uni.
Thats excaltly what i want to do. Accept i am getting a bachelors degree in computer science first.

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
Hopefully, yeah.

And I'll still be making art.

Lmao teachers rping in the filthy geralds mod if it still lives by then imagie if you go to school to teach little shitd to over hear one of them talk about geralds mod rp

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
Thats excaltly what i want to do. Accept i am getting a bachelors degree in computer science first.

It is a great job, although that sometimes depends on the company you work for. Most are pretty great though.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Anyway, my official designation is a GS-1811 (The cliche "Special Agent") under the Diplomatic Security Service. Handling criminal investigations, particularly specializing in digital forensics and cyber security. I have degrees in both Computer Forensics and Computer Science. I quite enjoy my job, actually even if it involves dealing with shitty people.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
I work at an engineering firm that specifies in the fabrication and assembly of metal structures. Personally, I'm a draftsman in the office, that means I use AutoCAD and Solidworks to create details and assembly drawings for the shop floor.

here's my cubicle
XKlmwmY.jpg

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
I work at an engineering firm that specifies in the fabrication and assembly of metal structures. Personally, I'm a draftsman in the office, that means I use AutoCAD and Solidworks to create details and assembly drawings for the shop floor.

here's my cubicle
XKlmwmY.jpg
What are on those papers?

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
What are on those papers?
they're packages of architectural drawings (26"x36") that were given to me by the customer so I have reference for my assembly details

the page you see on the right is just the table of contents

the pages you see pinned to my cubicle wall are order lists and steel/welding specification charts

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Well damn...
they're packages of architectural drawings (26"x36") that were given to me by the customer so I have reference for my assembly details

the page you see on the right is just the table of contents

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
currently unemployed and failing to gain employment
just like most of my home town
waiting for uni to start to study computer animation in uni
wake me up when September starts
then if no opportunities come up after uni
none i speculate
ill attempt to join the armed forces to benefit my personal state of health and
might get told to fuck off
also gain experience in further weapon handling which I can use to my advantage with computer animation
probably die anyway lmao

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
I work at Wendys an earn above minimum wage. I "officially" get half off on all purchases, but depending on what manager is there most of the time I get free shit. I like to talk people and eat pulled pork. I love my job.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
One is an internship at a cloud computing place, basically a three-day-per-week unpaid employee that doesn't know how to do shit. It's pretty fucking cool, and I'm actually learning how the fuck to code, so that's neato. Coworkers and my superiors are all chill as hell too.

Other job is at a regional taco chain. Above minimum wage, easy as fuck, technically $5 meal credit per day (but in reality most of my managers don't give a fuck and will round shit off so you get free shit), and I get to feel like a baller when some douchebag hands me $100 to pay for a $4 order and I count out a stack of twenties. Happens way more often than you'd think.

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
I work at a now multi-national(ish) IT company doing incident response and some support (about 2-3 calls each workday if not less)

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
I work at a now multi-national(ish) IT company doing incident response and some support (about 2-3 calls each workday if not less)
reminds me when i worked at a computer shop in my town, although the other way around

in theory i was gonna just sit around doing fuck all, answering two calls a day

in practice i was juggling three different phones being called every five minutes, frantically googlling for answers

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
One is an internship at a cloud computing place, basically a three-day-per-week unpaid employee that doesn't know how to do shit. It's pretty fucking cool, and I'm actually learning how the fuck to code, so that's neato. Coworkers and my superiors are all chill as hell too.

Other job is at a regional taco chain. Above minimum wage, easy as fuck, technically $5 meal credit per day (but in reality most of my managers don't give a fuck and will round shit off so you get free shit), and I get to feel like a baller when some douchebag hands me $100 to pay for a $4 order and I count out a stack of twenties. Happens way more often than you'd think.
We actually stopped excepting bills over $20 because of counterfeits.

People with only $100 and $50 bills (Because, you know, its smart to carry around only $100 and $50 bills) get really pissed.

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
I forgot to mention that I really enjoy it, worked with the current company since 2013