What was/were your favorite WW3RP map(s) and why?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
shoutout to @Kafe 's japan map that was used for one day
A map so fucking small that in the first hour, both sides zero'd in their mortars to constantly blast the bunker gates.
[doublepost=1544657019][/doublepost]I made 2 maps for WW3RP, the first was too small back when I was somehow worse at maps.
And the second got so close to working, before clockwork shat the bed and wouldn't run it.
[doublepost=1544657112][/doublepost]Fucking loved Wartorn though
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784945599

Even if the scaling on the buildings were off so transporting a single POW in glob base risked killing the POW, your CO and several other soldiers from fall damage.
I loved the fights there.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
Well from my experience with the previous gamemode, maps with a focus on CQC makes for better gameplay since the prone mod is broken, making it difficult to play maps with lots of open flat terrain. Ideally you would want to pick maps that contains enterable buildings, sewers and/or hills. Flat terrain can be solved with placing props for cover though.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'd say:
Fork: Size, locations.
Stalker maps in general since they were nice and had good locations to be in. Like:
Stalker salvation with its motel
Innu valley(Snow edition): Russian campaign
Paralake was good since it had a lot of places to be in, the only problem in it was the layout of the bases

But I did hate evocity, probably a minority here but It was hell of annoying to get into the city due to the campable spots, bad layout and being a reskin of a dark RP map.
[doublepost=1544693401][/doublepost]
Classic best one, lots of good memories in this one

Last edited:

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Fucking loved Wartorn though
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784945599

Even if the scaling on the buildings were off so transporting a single POW in glob base risked killing the POW, your CO and several other soldiers from fall damage.
I loved the fights there.
This map was what I was looking for. I remember all the events inside the tunnels with @Snowl and Co. Paradropping right on top of enemy lines was lit too, even if some people got slumped right after jumping from the chopper

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 22

This map was what I was looking for. I remember all the events inside the tunnels with @Snowl and Co. Paradropping right on top of enemy lines was lit too, even if some people got slumped right after jumping from the chopper
I would intentionally do the most retarded shit because it looked aesthetic in my opinion and i willingly threw my patrols into dangerous situations

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I would intentionally do the most retarded shit because it looked aesthetic in my opinion and i willingly threw my patrols into dangerous situations
Soviet war hero

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Lp fork, evocity and rp_apocalypse was the most fun s2k

Stalker salvation snow and metro was the best role play

Pripyat was a legendary map in all aspects

Also the first 1983rp map in the city.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae

aesthetic

3WTXNVJ.jpg

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
all the stalker maps were great
pripyat was the best imo cos it had a mix of both long range (fighting on the main road/open-field flanks) and cqc in the tex building

Jello

Roleplay
Nebulae
389c9dbbcac55a4deceb361944f2fae2.png

This map was absolutely massive, it took a good 5 or 6 minutes to run from one side to the other
The map was very diverse, and you could have firefights in the trees, the tunnels, or even just the main city
The map featured many good, interesting spots, for example, the beach, the docks, the warehouse, gas station, underground. It was just a joy to explore
Some of the bases felt a bit tight, for example, one of the bases was situated in a small castle, yet it always felt realistic not having a massive base to yourself.
Link

B93563B1D91FDAB9CA8881BE2D1908F31523997F

Quality map, featured many good spots, not only inside the city, but also on the outskirts
One of the bases featured an interesting way to get to the city, via a traintrack, which I always thought was a nice addition, although, it was obvious where they would exit from
Intense firefights on the rooftops of evocity were one of my favourite things to do during WW3.
Actual city-based structure, you didn't just run through a field, you had to follow the roads
The buildings themselves in the city actually felt realistic, many of them having their own theme, and featuring numerous floors, which only added to the experience, and featured many events
Link

30CE7EFF8A8EAC57752FE4CA77C69ECBBC32D0A9

Actually felt like a true rundown city, which fit WW3's lore.
Numerous spots for firefights, tex, the swampy area
Some of the places lead to a slight bit of base-camping, for example, you could see into one of the bases from hospital
Plenty of room for other factions to do their stuff, civilians, militia
Some of the graphics were a bit, off, for example, the trees, but I dont think this was ever a big problem, as everyone enjoyed the map as a whole.
Link

DD3F606D4937D3D3A3C17A273E001EEBC510995A

The map was diverse in general, you could have city firefights, firefights in the hydro, swamp, or, one of my favourite moments, when someone would sit in the top of the ATC.
Large map, featured enough space for vehicles and helicopters
Had well positioned buildings for firefights, red-brick and hydro, ATC, and the militia base felt nice, as they were always a moment away from any firefight
Had many cool buildings for events, the underground, the ATC, or the bunker
Bases were actually good, and featured a plethora, especially the one that was built into the side of the mountain
Link

359F4F440DC8C2C1BA8E0AE1875F9BDFB6F4936B

24E587E2E16F330DB416DA85AA3C1330914DD797

The maps were essentially identical, bar the snow, and a few other minor tweaks in the bases
There was always a good atmosphere about this map
The map wasn't massive, where it took 4 minutes for a QRF to arrive, but it wasn't a tiny map
Different unique areas, hydro, motel, bazzar, scrapyard, gas
Link (regular)
Link (snow)

0A42358D4079644C75DD102C741862627A959F85

Probably some of the most realistic bases I've even seen, one was 50% underground, and the other was 50% in a mountain
The man lacked buildings, leaving to a lot of open area, which isn't a bad thing as such, just one of it's aspects
The map was amazing with the grapple addon, allowing you to get to (legal) parts of the map, where you could look around
Rather vast map in general, again, adding to the WW3 lore, and the general feel of a warzone
Link

0D61A6E95E4C181FE006A68B3BF6AADF80751337

One of my personal favourites, this map was completely underground
The map was vast in it's own way, with different tunnels spanning off everywhere
There were numerous 'choke-points', and tight areas across the map, adding to the claustrophobic atmosphere
The map was a literal maze, I can't tell you how many times I got lost playing this, it was scary, yet amazing at the same time, as it just added to the experience
The bases were very make-shift, and didn't really seem planned out, yet they were always fun to walk around, as it really did feel like a refuge.
The main area, the refuge itself, remained neutral, the last time we used it, and it was a nice addition as it allowed patrols to go out there and roleplay, drinking at the bar, or exploring, etc.
Link
Some notable mentions -
rp_canals_final_fix; rp_ineu_valley2_v1a; rp_1944berlin

Also, shoutout to @Daraku for actually making wartorn for the community, although it's clear he's moved on from his roleplay antics

Last edited:

Daraku

The Italian Memekiller
Nebulae
I keep tabs on him, he's making sick arse black mesa maps at the moment

Ayy, just one on the workshop though :P

Cheers for the shoutouts and screens, I had a lot of fun making it. My inspirations were rp_apocalypse and mainly stalker_snow, top quality maps.

One regret I have is never putting up with making a urban-style map like rp_prypiat which was simply amazing, but I guess @Kafe tried out as he said and sadly discovered that clockwork simply can't handle the massive amount of brushwork and entity that needs to go into making a believable and decent urban map.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Ayy, just one on the workshop though :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers for the shoutouts and screens, I had a lot of fun making it. My inspirations were rp_apocalypse and mainly stalker_snow, top quality maps.

One regret I have is never putting up with making a urban-style map like rp_prypiat which was simply amazing, but I guess @Kafe tried out as he said and sadly discovered that clockwork simply can't handle the massive amount of brushwork and entity that needs to go into making a believable and decent urban map.
well, at least without it being 75% card buildings. which I'm no fan of.