Worst Fear(s)?

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
hey, can we add a rule about using nothing but reaction images in a post like we had in 2013 LP? this is legitimately annoying as fuck, you're expecting an answer to the thread and you get an unfunny 5 year old gif
Xdldl.gif

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Death.

Death is my worst fear which is ironic seeing how in my profession we meet death often in the worst of circumstances. A lot of veterans of EMS learn to effectively compartmentalize most of the things seen. The step between feeling sympathy to getting PTSD can be fickle as just knowing what you "could have", "would have", or "should have" done.

There is one thing that makes me afraid of all things - Death. Not as it makes me see the people of dead or gives me nightmares. It certainly does not prevent me from seeing the side of beauty in death/dying. However, it is when I am several steps back. Those quiet and unsuspecting times when my mind goes to the subject of death which makes me shiver.

It is the aspect of how unknowing and potent it is. It strips away families, it separates good from good, bad from bad, and much much more.

I think the most scary aspect of death is that I can only think of one way anything after death can be "the most optimal end" - which is that every person gets to see and join all loved ones and be able to live another life full of both happiness and sadness - just like life is now, but forever. This has it's own problems, and would I be able to fully describe it the more innane and Redicoulous impossible it would be.

The scary part is the other possibilites? What if we all die and then there is nothing? That is scary as hell, that you would not be you, there would not be anything - nothing. Try for a moment to attempt to divorce yourself from all process of thought. No present, past, future. There would be nothing.

What if we were reincarnated to another universe as another being to live life as us - but someone else... Where would the ones we loved and meet have gone? Where in this reality would my love that I promised to love for eternity be? Lost, we would all be lost.

And what if we were able to live in a reality that we chose? Creating, destroying, and living however we wished? Would that even be living anymore? Would those that we lived with once before even be the same people or would they be just mirrors?

I know, being afraid of these examples of death is innane, but the more I think about it the more I realize how scary it is.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 603

Morgan freeman losing his voice and Santa coming into my house on Christmas

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
Death.

Death is my worst fear which is ironic seeing how in my profession we meet death often in the worst of circumstances. A lot of veterans of EMS learn to effectively compartmentalize most of the things seen. The step between feeling sympathy to getting PTSD can be fickle as just knowing what you "could have", "would have", or "should have" done.

There is one thing that makes me afraid of all things - Death. Not as it makes me see the people of dead or gives me nightmares. It certainly does not prevent me from seeing the side of beauty in death/dying. However, it is when I am several steps back. Those quiet and unsuspecting times when my mind goes to the subject of death which makes me shiver.

It is the aspect of how unknowing and potent it is. It strips away families, it separates good from good, bad from bad, and much much more.

I think the most scary aspect of death is that I can only think of one way anything after death can be "the most optimal end" - which is that every person gets to see and join all loved ones and be able to live another life full of both happiness and sadness - just like life is now, but forever. This has it's own problems, and would I be able to fully describe it the more innane and Redicoulous impossible it would be.

The scary part is the other possibilites? What if we all die and then there is nothing? That is scary as hell, that you would not be you, there would not be anything - nothing. Try for a moment to attempt to divorce yourself from all process of thought. No present, past, future. There would be nothing.

What if we were reincarnated to another universe as another being to live life as us - but someone else... Where would the ones we loved and meet have gone? Where in this reality would my love that I promised to love for eternity be? Lost, we would all be lost.

And what if we were able to live in a reality that we chose? Creating, destroying, and living however we wished? Would that even be living anymore? Would those that we lived with once before even be the same people or would they be just mirrors?

I know, being afraid of these examples of death is innane, but the more I think about it the more I realize how scary it is.
interesting read but
It certainly does not prevent me from seeing the side of beauty in death/dying.
wat

Redneck

um guy
Nebulae
nothingness after death, sharia law in europe, achieving nothing in life, polish government fucking up poland even more