Worst Fear(s)?

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Houseflies? nah fuck that shit i'm out. Like think of the standard "holy shit there's a bee" reaction, except with me and flies. No idea why.

A lot of "standard" fears don't affect me though. I'm totally cool with
  • death
  • snakes (I actually fucking love snakes and I want a ball python)
  • spiders
  • bees (cute little fuzzballs)
  • tight spaces
  • needles
  • deep expanses of space/water
  • darkness (actually kinda prefer darkness to light)
  • thickly forested areas
  • heights (don't exactly wanna hang off a crane like those adrenaline junkies, but i don't mind heights)
  • sleep paralysis (actually find it calming, is that weird?)
  • to an extent, doing stupid shit (fuck what other people think, but i dont wanna prevent myself getting a job)
  • being at gunpoint (either I die or I don't, and robbers don't usually want to become murderers as well)

Reactions: List

York

Electron
Nebulae
Death.

Death is my worst fear which is ironic seeing how in my profession we meet death often in the worst of circumstances. A lot of veterans of EMS learn to effectively compartmentalize most of the things seen. The step between feeling sympathy to getting PTSD can be fickle as just knowing what you "could have", "would have", or "should have" done.

There is one thing that makes me afraid of all things - Death. Not as it makes me see the people of dead or gives me nightmares. It certainly does not prevent me from seeing the side of beauty in death/dying. However, it is when I am several steps back. Those quiet and unsuspecting times when my mind goes to the subject of death which makes me shiver.

It is the aspect of how unknowing and potent it is. It strips away families, it separates good from good, bad from bad, and much much more.

I think the most scary aspect of death is that I can only think of one way anything after death can be "the most optimal end" - which is that every person gets to see and join all loved ones and be able to live another life full of both happiness and sadness - just like life is now, but forever. This has it's own problems, and would I be able to fully describe it the more innane and Redicoulous impossible it would be.

The scary part is the other possibilites? What if we all die and then there is nothing? That is scary as hell, that you would not be you, there would not be anything - nothing. Try for a moment to attempt to divorce yourself from all process of thought. No present, past, future. There would be nothing.

What if we were reincarnated to another universe as another being to live life as us - but someone else... Where would the ones we loved and meet have gone? Where in this reality would my love that I promised to love for eternity be? Lost, we would all be lost.

And what if we were able to live in a reality that we chose? Creating, destroying, and living however we wished? Would that even be living anymore? Would those that we lived with once before even be the same people or would they be just mirrors?

I know, being afraid of these examples of death is innane, but the more I think about it the more I realize how scary it is.

same, i don't like memeboys and stinky chinese weabsters

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
death by roleplay documents
death by roleplay events

ecchikawaii

A NIM E D U D E
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Houseflies? nah fuck that shit i'm out. Like think of the standard "holy shit there's a bee" reaction, except with me and flies. No idea why.

• death
  • spiders
  • tight spaces
  • needles
  • thickly forested areas
  • heights (don't exactly wanna hang off a crane like those adrenaline junkies, but i don't mind heights)
  • to an extent, doing stupid shit (fuck what other people think, but i dont wanna prevent myself getting a job)
  • being at gunpoint (either I die or I don't, and robbers don't usually want to become murderers as well)
you should be fearing housefires dude

;)))

Raah

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i have Arithmophobia- Fear of numbers.dam those numbers scare me somtimes

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
Knowing that I will inevitably be caught up in this timeless and infinite void of roleplay. This black hole filled by fictional actions carried out by other sufferers and victims. A place where I am sucked in, day in, day out, with no chance to escape. I have nought chance to redeem myself. I'm stuck here, in a world where I only find enjoyment through text, that will leave nothing but scars of time upon me.

What a terrible fate I have cast upon myself. No way out. There's only an entrance to the pain that is Serious Roleplay.

:(

York

Electron
Nebulae
You too, huh?
In all seriousness, I understand your fear of death as it's really the greatest unknown entity we can experience as sentient meat, but personally I'm genuinely not scared to die. It is naturally ingrained in us to not want to die of course to perpetuate our species and carry out our programming, but fearing death for lack of better terms, isn't worth it as it's something that is completely inevitable. The way I think of death or like to think of death, is that hopefully it will be like before you were born and you have no consciousness, which to me makes sense. Without a functional brain you cannot perform life functions and therefor have no sensory experience. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so it would be plausible if post-mortem your life energy simply changes form and you cease to exist as sentient life. In which case I can't complain because I'm fucking non-existent and I'm unable to think or feel anything. What you said about nothingness being scary is what I find comfort in, if you are well and truly dead you have nothing to be afraid of or angry about. Not exactly comforting really, but doubting the existence of divine reward it's really the only alternative I can find reasonable.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
In all seriousness, I understand your fear of death as it's really the greatest unknown entity we can experience as sentient meat, but personally I'm genuinely not scared to die. It is naturally ingrained in us to not want to die of course to perpetuate our species and carry out our programming, but fearing death for lack of better terms, isn't worth it as it's something that is completely inevitable. The way I think of death or like to think of death, is that hopefully it will be like before you were born and you have no consciousness, which to me makes sense. Without a functional brain you cannot perform life functions and therefor have no sensory experience. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so it would be plausible if post-mortem your life energy simply changes form and you cease to exist as sentient life. In which case I can't complain because I'm fucking non-existent and I'm unable to think or feel anything. What you said about nothingness being scary is what I find comfort in, if you are well and truly dead you have nothing to be afraid of or angry about. Not exactly comforting really, but doubting the existence of divine reward it's really the only alternative I can find reasonable.

Well, obviously when you are dead (depending what you believe) not being conscious or knowing in anyway makes it not scary. The fact is that we are alive and so we do feel the tug and looming of death. Inevitability does not make fear of death any less. The inevitability of death does not impact the feeling of parents that have an infant in ICU. The inevitability of death does not impact the father and daughter who has a mother laying in bed under hospice.

Sure, maybe if one has no other that depends on them for physical, emotional, financal, or spiritual support then death is a release. Otherwise it bites and nashes at those that knew whom.

Fearing death is more than just the concept and potential death; it is the fear of the reprecussions death. Death is more than nothingness, because right now - there is something. There is emotional investement in the concept of life, and the reprecussions of death.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
I am not trying to devalue your feelings. It is good that you do not fear death. It is something, that I feel that many people - particularly younger people or those not really exposed to too much death (and reprecussions of death) have the "solace in nothingness" view.

I do have to say that if one does not fear death, there is nothing wrong with that. Fearmongering is not my intention, just trying to elaborate my position a bit more. Your feeligs is just as valuable and insightful as any. Death is one topic all of us can pitch in on - much like pizza (a topic for another day and another thread)

nedoow

loser
Nebulae
  • death
  • spiders
  • tight spaces
  • needles
  • thickly forested areas
what the fuck, are you okay?
lmao everything you listed is basically every one of my biggest fears

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
At this moment, being unable to ride muh motorcycle again due to loss of power ( idk how to name it ) in my right foot

But generally any flying bug scares the shit outta me

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
what the fuck, are you okay?
lmao everything you listed is basically every one of my biggest fears
dude how can you not look at this li'l guy and just wanna pick him up and cuddle with him
h.jpg