Dwarf Fortress: Seagull noises edition.

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Trying to set up a magmaforge and man it is not fun trying to understand the prerequisites to make it function, had to do a little save-scumming due to flooding incidents and dead kobolds but might start anew to focus on water-based layouts for now D:

image.png

image.png

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Trying to set up a magmaforge and man it is not fun trying to understand the prerequisites to make it function, had to do a little save-scumming due to flooding incidents and dead kobolds but might start anew to focus on water-based layouts for now D:

image.png

image.png

ayo Kobold Fortress?

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
ayo Kobold Fortress?
Hell yeah, there's some playable civilzation mods like birbs and Kobolds, heard about the old Kobold Camp mod but this one is more or less a Dwarf reskin as they function the same with some slight-renames to administerator roles.

E: actually yeah there is a Kobold Camp mod in the Steam workshop I just brainlessly picked the other one.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Speaking of kobolds I keep getting them sneaking into the surface area of my fort and I keep getting the thief or snatcher alert, but they don't actually take anything (at least as far as I can tell) before they run off.

Otherwise, I'm a god damn beacon of peace, I got goblins vibing in my tavern and this:
image.png

image.png

Also, is anyone else having issues with crashing? My game loves to crash when I fuck about with tombs and occasionally with other stuff. On another note, the livestock screen is kinda buggy af, I can't geld or butcher any animal as the buttons off to the right of the UI don't function seemingly. Is there another way to mark things to be gelded/slaughtered? I've got a slowly growing army of cats and an impressive herd of other animals too

sots

community bear
Nebulae
doDWFXv.png

i just locked my millitary in by accident and this hunter that got trapped outside killed two fucking goblins on his own???

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
The furry menace won't leave me alone:

my Magmafort utopia fell to an scalie outbreak of werelizards and the population demolished by a forgotten beast by the time the threat died down.

isolate your taverns!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rip GlitteredJumps

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

my Magmafort utopia fell to an scalie outbreak of werelizards and the population demolished by a forgotten beast by the time the threat died down.

isolate your taverns!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rip GlitteredJumps
maxresdefault.jpg

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

isolate your taverns!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rip GlitteredJumps

always have a dedicated army of legendary spearkobolds

i have a legendary speardwarf in my fortress

a bronze titan attacked my fort, he walked out, kicked it in the shin, and it instantly died

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I heard after finally getting their game on steam the creators of this game are now millionaires

Considering the sheer amount of effort they put into the game, honestly congrats to them. Hope they enjoy their hard earned dosh

Kinda sucks since it just arrived on steam it couldn't be nominated for labour of love. Oh well.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I heard after finally getting their game on steam the creators of this game are now millionaires

Considering the sheer amount of effort they put into the game, honestly congrats to them. Hope they enjoy their hard earned dosh

Kinda sucks since it just arrived on steam it couldn't be nominated for labour of love. Oh well.

for the first time ever, they hired people

the game now has 3 people working on it instead of 2

that should show how rich they are

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
And they just enabled the option to play the Steam version in ASCI graphics for the !FUN! enjoyers.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Is anyone else having problems with the animal menu? I keep trying to mark stuff for slaughter and it genuinely prevents me. Sometimes it'll flicker for a second when I click on the slaughter tab on the right of a creature, but it just immediately reverts within a frame or two. Anyone have any idea how to go around this? Is there a way I can go onto a specific creature and mark it for slaughter, or a way I can automate like a max pop for a given animal before it gets slaughtered?

Edit: nvm, I've found that there's some weirdness going on where I'm only able to press the button at certain spots, I assume there is a bug

Last edited:

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
image.png

Reclaimed the fort and 5 minutes in the Volcano erupted.

I am amazed that it would happen.

Or the ghostbolds are sending me a message.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
image.png

Reclaimed the fort and 5 minutes in the Volcano erupted.

I am amazed that it would happen.

Or the ghostbolds are sending me a message.
I was considering a volcano for my next run, good to know that they can erupt I guess

Also, side note, highlight of my fort so far, a fucking fisherdwarf humbly going about his day, doing some ice fishing on the partially frozen moat...

...UNTIL A FUCKING GOBLIN SIEGE OCCURRED and I had to send out my army asap because he fled in panic rather than getting inside the damn fort where I could shut the fucking gate

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
I was considering a volcano for my next run, good to know that they can erupt I guess

Also, side note, highlight of my fort so far, a fucking fisherdwarf humbly going about his day, doing some ice fishing on the partially frozen moat...

...UNTIL A FUCKING GOBLIN SIEGE OCCURRED and I had to send out my army asap because he fled in panic rather than getting inside the damn fort where I could shut the fucking gate
I recommend volcanos if you want an early Magmaworkshop setup, I made about enough Gold bars to decorate the halls and make a load of value to buy out a merchants stock, though the source of water without an aquafier or good spot of a lake can be tricky at first.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I recommend volcanos if you want an early Magmaworkshop setup, I made about enough Gold bars to decorate the halls and make a load of value to buy out a merchants stock, though the source of water without an aquafier or good spot of a lake can be tricky at first.
Honestly now I know how ores work I'm honestly rolling in iron and platinum with enough coke to power wall street. I also have an absurd hoard of cut gemstones that lets me buy whatever I need when traders come through. My only downside is my people and myself, they're slowly growing unhappy with their wants and I'm trying my best to solve them but sorry you don't spend time with your family at dinner???

Edit: Also I have lost my ability to be a beacon of peace. Some thieves from neighboring kingdoms tried to steal shit from my place, so I pulled up the drawbridges and murdered them and threw their corpses into the lake, and now goblins don't visit anymore outside of sieges. Got some cool furries though like "polar bear man poet"

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly now I know how ores work I'm honestly rolling in iron and platinum with enough coke to power wall street. I also have an absurd hoard of cut gemstones that lets me buy whatever I need when traders come through. My only downside is my people and myself, they're slowly growing unhappy with their wants and I'm trying my best to solve them but sorry you don't spend time with your family at dinner???

Edit: Also I have lost my ability to be a beacon of peace. Some thieves from neighboring kingdoms tried to steal shit from my place, so I pulled up the drawbridges and murdered them and threw their corpses into the lake, and now goblins don't visit anymore outside of sieges. Got some cool furries though like "polar bear man poet"
missing family is an untreatable mood penalty, they’re missing the family they left to visit the fortress

just throw more shit their way like a temple, library, make the floor of your tavern gold, etc

sots

community bear
Nebulae
oh my god the new update is epic

theres a dedicated "add all citizens" button on burrows now, and even BETTER is an "add all SOLDIERS" button, so you dont have to scour through a list of like 200 dwarves to find all of your millitary guys to add to the surface or whatever

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i always wanted to check it out even when it was all text but it always looked confusing as shit

is it actually difficult to get in to or do you get used to it