News GTA RP - it's finally here

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae

watching my two favorite homeless people duke it out on del perro pier before i need to reward one of them with a safe place to sleep, some food, and attention (jail)

Reactions: List

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae

second revolutionary gang conflict

20230627191800_1.jpg

20230627191837_1.jpg

in all seriousness i am really hyped to see what sort of goofy gta-tier stuff people get up to when the server launches. i was flying around with key practicing landings and what-not and we were briefly on the topic of maybe people taking up refuge in that cult camp next to mount chiliad. stuff like that is gonna be really neat to see

the slight bizzareness of stuff won't really be too out of place either since it's in grand theft auto and you have things like the epsilon program and huge billboards that say piss water and other stuff

very hype is me

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

second revolutionary gang conflict

20230627191800_1.jpg

20230627191837_1.jpg

in all seriousness i am really hyped to see what sort of goofy gta-tier stuff people get up to when the server launches. i was flying around with key practicing landings and what-not and we were briefly on the topic of maybe people taking up refuge in that cult camp next to mount chiliad. stuff like that is gonna be really neat to see

the slight bizzareness of stuff won't really be too out of place either since it's in grand theft auto and you have things like the epsilon program and huge billboards that say piss water and other stuff

very hype is me

Funny you should mention the Mount chilliad Altruist camp, I was thinking about this on my drive home and @Ond came to mind about how he and his usual hijinks might see him undertake a schizophrenic who believes the government has it out for them and pulls off all sorts of terror related stunts in pursuit of exposing others. But if he does play It'll be a treat to see what he does, and whether he shall be starting a cult in the mountains or something unseen

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Well I've bought more ram though my motherboard only allows DDR3 so hopefully just simply having more running at max speed will compensate for it still being worse than current gen, and I think I'mma wait for Prime Day before I look at grabbing an SSD and/or other bits.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Well I've bought more ram though my motherboard only allows DDR3 so hopefully just simply having more running at max speed will compensate for it still being worse than current gen, and I think I'mma wait for Prime Day before I look at grabbing an SSD and/or other bits.
Sounds like it works for now, highly recommend switching up to DDR4 capable motherboard when money/sales allow. I believe for what you’re using it for, it should be good though

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sounds like it works for now, highly recommend switching up to DDR4 capable motherboard when money/sales allow. I believe for what you’re using it for, it should be good though
Current plan is GPU (check, 1650) > RAM (check, 16gb minumum with what I got) > SSD (Waiting for Prime Day) > Desk Chair (Looking for a nice affordable one) > PSU (Been recommended some but probably can't afford one this month as they're all around 200) > CPU+Heatsink (Got one recommended and it's cheap but will probably push my PSU over the edge so need PSU first) > Motherboard (This will probably be the point that I get a whole new PC)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So I got my 16gb of RAM delivered today and now I've got a genuine question: which is better, 2 stick of 8 and 2 sticks of 4 or 3 sticks of 8? I heard that having them in pairs is better but I've also heard that the 4's might drag the 8's.

In any case, with the extra ram and the new GPU I'm now ranging between 30-60fps depending on what's going on, on GTA5 Online, and I can record in 1080p now with 30fps and no stuttering like before so things are looking pretty good. I think once I get that SSD and shove GTA5 and a few other things on there it aught to be pretty smooth.

10 days until opening night, let the hype begin

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
im curious how the server's performance is going to be, i have severe brain damage and stress over the performance of shit despite it likely not being a huge problem (i was worried about stalcraft being taxing on my computer. go look it up and understand where my idiocy comes from) so im curious

what exactly is a good benchmark similar to how the server will run? gta online? a fivem server? the problem with the latter is that it seems a good portion of them appear to just chuck addons onto the server with little care for optimization, from what i see/hear

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im curious how the server's performance is going to be, i have severe brain damage and stress over the performance of shit despite it likely not being a huge problem (i was worried about stalcraft being taxing on my computer. go look it up and understand where my idiocy comes from) so im curious

what exactly is a good benchmark similar to how the server will run? gta online? a fivem server? the problem with the latter is that it seems a good portion of them appear to just chuck addons onto the server with little care for optimization, from what i see/hear

it runs like GTA V

like thats it

i never encountered any additional lag or slowdown from the server itself

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
So I got my 16gb of RAM delivered today and now I've got a genuine question: which is better, 2 stick of 8 and 2 sticks of 4 or 3 sticks of 8? I heard that having them in pairs is better but I've also heard that the 4's might drag the 8's.

In any case, with the extra ram and the new GPU I'm now ranging between 30-60fps depending on what's going on, on GTA5 Online, and I can record in 1080p now with 30fps and no stuttering like before so things are looking pretty good. I think once I get that SSD and shove GTA5 and a few other things on there it aught to be pretty smooth.

Ideally, you want to run RAM sticks from the same brand and type (e.g. 8gb 2333hz ram) in the same colored slots; in your case, I'd probably say two sticks of 8 and two sticks of 4. You'd put the eights into the black slot, and the fours into the other. This runs them in dual channel mode.

What this does, basically, is let the memory sticks in those channels communicate independently to your CPU. This increases their performance to a degree. I can't tell you how much, because I've effectively been doing it out of principle since time immemorial, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

In the future, you can also swap out the two 4-GB sticks for another pair of 8, and then you'd have 32 gigs of ram!

Nebulae

For memory,
Make sure you invest in the modern type of SSDs called SSD NVME M2
exact same price as the good ol' plastic case ssds we know as SATA, yet much faster.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ideally, you want to run RAM sticks from the same brand and type (e.g. 8gb 2333hz ram) in the same colored slots; in your case, I'd probably say two sticks of 8 and two sticks of 4. You'd put the eights into the black slot, and the fours into the other. This runs them in dual channel mode.

What this does, basically, is let the memory sticks in those channels communicate independently to your CPU. This increases their performance to a degree. I can't tell you how much, because I've effectively been doing it out of principle since time immemorial, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

In the future, you can also swap out the two 4-GB sticks for another pair of 8, and then you'd have 32 gigs of ram!
Yeah, they're the same brand but ultimately they're all DDR3 ram due to my motherboard being ancient so either way they're all getting capped at 1600mhz from what I've been told by my friends. I've currently got them in dual channel mode with 2 8's and 2 4's but I just didn't know if the 4's would drag the 8's with them being intrinsically less memory.

For memory,
Make sure you invest in the modern type of SSDs called SSD NVME M2
exact same price as the good ol' plastic case ssds we know as SATA, yet much faster.
This was what I was gonna buy, if you have any other amazon based recommendations, throw them my way:

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
Me and the boys finna make payday 2 look like a tea party.