Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
I misphrased my last post. I meant somebody who's new to the medium. I can trust his opinion as someone with loads of experience on flatscreen games, but I'll definitely think of his HLA review as a casual one.

Think about Dean Takahashi, the Cuphead reviewer guy, for example. He couldn't even play the game's tutorial properly: would you really consider his review of the title as valid?
A game like cuphead would require someone good at the game to review it properly. But HLA has been commented on by the developers, to have been made perfectly for people who are new to VR as so many people are buying headsets just for this. You don't need to have played anything else to play this. It's Valve's first steps in VR and it'll be many other people's first steps in playing VR. It's a review written from the perspective of someone who's experiencing it, like Valve anticipated it to be experienced. By everyone, not just the experienced.

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
If I want a review of a good car I wouldn't go to the guy who doesn't know shit about cars. Same thing about videogames. I wouldn't really believe the opinion of somebody who is new to the field.

Hence why the game should have gotten 10/10.
its pretty different when they're defining a whole genre where there hasn't been anything like it before, you can't really fuck up human movement like the cuphead guy unless ign get a paralysed guy on to do it

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
fza6eaqx99o41.png

Well, my heart rate has started it's steady increase. I think I'm gonna genuinely cry into my headset as I load this game up. I grew up with Half Life, My dad played HL2 from launch and I used to watch at just 1 year old. Then watched him play Episode 1 and got to help him play episode 2. Then went back with him to play the first game. He's considering watching me play this one, just for old times sake but genuinely, having grown so closely to the game, I'm gonna struggle to hold in the tears for this one.​

NecroHerr

Proton
Nebulae
Hey, I do not know if I can post this or not, but I am going to Stream today night when it comes out.
My Twitch name is the same as here but I think I will play and comment on german.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Can I ask those that play it tomorrow to put screenshots in a spoiler tag

I'm planning to play it myself and don't want to be spoiled

D

Deleted member 1381

i was skeptical of the vr aspect at first but i saw some dude on youtube play hl2 all the way through in vr and it honestly looks dope

remember to post your screenshots tomorrow gamers

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
I can’t sleep broskis. I NEED it.
I got in bed at like 1 to pass time super fast and lay there awake till 2. Then woke up at fucking 5 again, lay for another half an hour and now I'm just gonna put up with 7 hours of sleep.

D

Deleted member 22

real talk why did valve not release this at midnight why do we have to wait until 1 in the afternoon (for all us in est)

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
real talk why did valve not release this at midnight why do we have to wait until 1 in the afternoon (for all us in est)
They wanted a worldwide release so everyone gets it at the same time, sadly that meant one place getting it at a reasonable time and me getting it at 5pm. :(