Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
This will be very good for the VR industry.
I don't know why people compare this to console exclusivity. It's just new hardware for your computer that can work with other games too.
Looking at the first few pages of this thread.

Wernsto ★

Proton
Nebulae
I am so conflicted

I want to hate valve for everything over the years

But I cannot deny, I am pleased to see the half life universe officially alive again. Even if it's a prequel, it makes me happy - after all the time I've spent working with this universe on nebulous and lp.

I've lost hope over the years (and also seeing poor VNN also losing it). I'm a grown man, a soldier.
And yet, I'm not afraid to say I screamed (and shed a few tears) through the whole trailer and prob woke up my entire building lol

Reactions: List

key

Nebulae
They lowkey brought a scanner inside the residential block - Also is that Civil Protection ranks?

halflife_alyx_8.jpg

edit: They made ranks distinguishable from each other - Y'all already know what this means, we've gotta bring back the trenchcoat for higher-ranked cops. Also, add something to Rank Leaders like that black mask right there in the middle. Make it happen​
Prototype Transhuman models

9dc.png

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
tbh it's that 'report the vort' poster that annoys me.
We've had a server of hl2 propaganda for years, and not one of you fucking made that poster.

C'mon guys!

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
doesnt surprise me why Valve's kept Source 2 under wraps for so long now, the jump from Source to Source 2 is practically a mirror of GoldSrc to Source
more than 20 years and they still lead the industry by example, so long as they actually pull their thumb out their arse to do so

D

Deleted member 3129

Holy shit this is everything that I wanted the setting to be, early day combine occupation fucking amazing, think of the potential modification we can make to civil protection on codes and shit I'm blown away

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
A new hammer editor for source 2 will also be available for us to create sick content for VR.​

hammer_editor.jpg

This is pretty epic ngl​

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
We've had a server of hl2 propaganda for years, and not one of you fucking made that poster.

C'mon guys!
@ All media devs make a 'Report The Vort' poster for the server rIGHT NOW

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
@ All media devs make a 'Report The Vort' poster for the server rIGHT NOW

already made

valve stole it from one of the media devs

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Am I really going to spend my student loan on buying VR and this game?

Well if course I am!

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
They lowkey brought a scanner inside the residential block - Also is that Civil Protection ranks?

halflife_alyx_8.jpg

edit: They made ranks distinguishable from each other - Y'all already know what this means, we've gotta bring back the trenchcoat for higher-ranked cops. Also, add something to Rank Leaders like that black mask right there in the middle. Make it happen​
regarding ur scanner comment that building doesn't even look too small or even cramped and scanners in hl2 went in cramped ass sewage tunnels, the non 'disposable' aspect of cops and scanners and ota and whatever is only a hl2rp thing my dude

also theres already ota soldiers/shotgunners with elite badges and elites themselves so its no surprise theres some variations beween them

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
while i like half life alyx and the release and how the game looks etc, i dont feel like investing in a vr set thing because im afraid itll get shelved like the old wii's

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
while i like half life alyx and the release and how the game looks etc, i dont feel like investing in a vr set thing because im afraid itll get shelved like the old wii's

take the red pill

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae

C'mon guys!
everyone called me a madman for making combine propaganda posters cause
"muh huh the combine are too powerful for propaganda"

suck my fat cock all you nonbelievers look whos laughing