Metro Exodus

Mad-Magyar

Proton
Nebulae
Literally, I just want to express and just let the emotion inside of me out.
Because it angers me so fucking much when people go around and reviewbombing amazing, well crafted games like Metro 2033 and Last light.
The amount of love and dedication the devs put into those two games.
The dev team is dedicated, and clearly puts alot of love into their games.
And then ignorant, i dont want to call somebody i dont know an ''piece of shit'' but anyway. Go around and bashes the devs and not their shitty publishers. Review bombing an game for having shitty publishers pull tricks on the customers is shitty, its childish.
If you boycot an game for changing platform. Fuck it, Go right ahead.
If you go review bomb the older games and call the devs greedy sons of bitches. Or saying that they sold their souls to '' chinese devil'' or saying that you hope the devs go bankrupt. Honestly makes me fucking furious how ignorant you can be. And how fast you will go jump on bandwagons.

And if you think im pulling terms like ''chinese devil'' and ''hope the devs go bankrupt'' out of my ass. My legiment friend review bombed the 2 metro games. And this is why i am so furious.
I'm not furious towards an spesific person. I'm furious at this collective movement of people who don't know shit.

I try to be a nice person to everybody. But i get really fucking passionate about topics i care and respect for.
I'm not blind fanboy. I don't wish that the games would keep splitting up into 20 diffrent launchers. I understand you, its a pain and fucking dumb. But outright calling amazing and loving devs greedy and other shit. Its dishonest and its fucking lying.

If you don't want to buy the game until it comes on steam. Then don't. I couldn't honestly care a living fuck.
But if you go review bomb the old games. Grow the fuck up.
Goodnight.
I 100% agree. I've been a big fan and supporter of 4A since Metro 2033. I think people have the wrong idea when they blame 4A when this was obviously a decision made by Deep Silver. 4A are very good Ukrainian bois who've been making great games since STALKER and it's annoying to see people review bomb excellent games like 2033 and Last Light.

If anything my "boycotting" is against the fact that they:
  • Pulled the game off of Steam 2 weeks before release when it should have been done much earlier
  • Promised in promotional material that they would be selling the game on Steam
  • Promised a Steam Key in their physical copies but then replaced it with an epic key
  • PC gaming is not supposed to have exclusives. I don't buy games on Origin for the same reason.
I definitely know you play Hearts of Iron and guess what.. Tencent own 5% of Paradox Interactive. So if they're so scummy why are you playing a game they invest in? This whole narrative of Epic Games or their platform somehow being compromised by a minority investor falls apart pretty quickly when you see how games you already play have Tencent as a minority investor too.
Touche. Didn't know Tencent had stock in PDX.
And I'll admit. My first comment was too hyperbolic. I apologize for that.

But I'm still not dying enough to play Metro: Exodus that I'd download the Epic Store to buy it.
I don't think there is anything wrong with waiting until 2020.

Reactions: List

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
the only good thing about the epic launcher was when they gave away subnautica for free, but I will never forgive myself for not noticing fortnite downloading in the background without me even realising it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
the only good thing about the epic launcher was when they gave away subnautica for free, but I will never forgive myself for not noticing fortnite downloading in the background without me even realising it
I think it was updating, pretty sure it doesn’t automatically download

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
as much as it fucks me off about the decision, still gonna buy the game on epic.
Just so DS doesn't read the boycott as "Guess people don't want new metro games" and kills the franchise/ devs.

but will wait the following year to get any extras on steam, to grab the DLC and complete editions

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
as much as it fucks me off about the decision, still gonna buy the game on epic.
Just so DS doesn't read the boycott as "Guess people don't want new metro games" and kills the franchise/ devs.

but will wait the following year to get any extras on steam, to grab the DLC and complete editions
https://www.thegamer.com/metro-dev-threatens-no-more-games-for-pc-with-epic-store-move/
I aint buying shit when the devs try to guilttrip me into buying their exclusive deal game, theyre pulling a crytek here but theyll go down like crytek too

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
id rather no metro games than more of what they are currently pushing. when you leave the metro and moscow it isnt a metro game anymore, its just generic apocalypse shit

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
To all the people saying Tencent is minor and nothing to worry about are just self imposing ignorance on themselves. A guy I know who used to work with EA on Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda explained as to why so many games these days have loot boxes, are multiplayer and going mobile. It's because of Tencent trying to push companies into China since most people in the west aren't falling for their bullshit anymore, hoping to make more money in the Chinese market. Everything happening now is a last ditch effort to try and get the west to accept pay2win games before pulling out funding. Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, Artifact, Diablo Immortal and many others are simply companies getting ready for the move to China.

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
To all the people saying Tencent is minor and nothing to worry about are just self imposing ignorance on themselves. A guy I know who used to work with EA on Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda explained as to why so many games these days have loot boxes, are multiplayer and going mobile. It's because of Tencent trying to push companies into China since most people in the west aren't falling for their bullshit anymore, hoping to make more money in the Chinese market. Everything happening now is a last ditch effort to try and get the west to accept pay2win games before pulling out funding. Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, Artifact, Diablo Immortal and many others are simply companies getting ready for the move to China.

lmao

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

Tencent own 40% shares whereas Tim Sweeney own 44.7% making him the controlling shareholder of Epic. Epic aren't pushing "pay2win" though and they've literally popularised the "Battle Pass" style of recurring income and buying the items that you want as opposed to the loot box style that almost every other game adopted before Fortnite.

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
real life peter griffin here you know what really grinds my gears fortnite

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I prefer Steam for a lot of its features, not to mention the reliability of having everything in one place, here's a comparison from some article that sums it up pretty nicely

bd8202a228985f66333d8de927b21390.png

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Is there anything actually wrong with metro changing platforms?

Cause I don’t see anything wrong in the developers wanting more money for a game they made

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Is there anything actually wrong with metro changing platforms?

Cause I don’t see anything wrong in the developers wanting more money for a game they made
I prefer Steam for a lot of its features, not to mention the reliability of having everything in one place, here's a comparison from some article that sums it up pretty nicely

bd8202a228985f66333d8de927b21390.png
They're only doing it for exclusivity for Deep Silver